Tony, What Are You Talking About?

He's a great guy and I respect his right to an opinion but I think he's way off the mark here. He said St Mirren fans were behind Danny Lennon "100 per cent". Wrong, Tony - take a look around you. A League Cup win is but a distant memory when you've had six months following when you've won one match - and a meaningless one at that.

Tony is 100% correct.

It's disappointing what happened after we won the CUP but the season was over anyway and I can understand many of the players wanting to down tools.

That's why most of those players are at St Mirren and not bigger clubs.

So last season can be forgotten and including it in the current form is nonsensical because of the bit in bold above.

Only this season counts and it's just too early.

It's really nice to see former players start to back him publicly.

Still sure Danny will be here next year because I just don't believe we have a boardroom full of boneheaded idiots.

Edited by oaksoft

Tony is 100% correct.

It's disappointing what happened after we won the CUP but the season was over anyway and I can understand many of the players wanting to down tools.

So last season can be forgotten and including it in the current form is nonsensical because of the bit in bold above.

Still sure Danny will be here next year because I just don't believe we have a boardroom full of boneheaded idiots.

Only idiot is you.bye1.gif

Tony is 100% correct.

The season was over... are you fishing?

Another 8 points and we'd have been in 8th place, enough prize money to secure a striker?

The season was over... are you fishing?

Another 8 points and we'd have been in 8th place, enough prize money to secure a striker?

You and I both know that but do you seriously expect that to motivate who just won a National Cup?

The players have already admitted this was a problem so I'm not sure why you're directing this question at me.

Go ask them why they downed tools.

Or, on the other side of the coin, we could have been relegated.

Coulda woulda shouda.

FFS did I miss something? Are we playing 1st division football right now?

No? Then why the feck are you even talking about that other than to deliberately stir the shit?

It's unbelievable. Having lost the vote on keeping Danny and seen the board back the majority opinion on here you now want to focus on what MIGHT have happened but didn't fecking MONTHS ago with a team full of wasters like Imrie and Guy? The simply HAS to be trolling.

Edited by oaksoft

I like Tony, he had some major set backs in life, was a superb footballer and overall a really nice guy. If he is guilty of anything then it is being ever positive about the club and that was what he was trying to get across last night when he mentioned that only 4 games have been played and that 'he' is convinced that Danny can turn it around. He praised the players work ethic and all the hard work going on behind the scenes. You cannot fault someone who is an optimist and Tony is the kind of man who while falling down from a 20 storey building say after each floor "well so far so good". Love the guy and he is entitled to his opinion even if it goes against the views of others.

I too don't agree with everything he says, but I'd rather have someone like him talking up St Mirren on the radio than listening to a former player/manager criticising our club. .

Speaking of which - I heard Gus on the radio (Saturday?) saying it would be madness to sack DL at this point and that he needs to be given more time. In a round about way he actually managed to blame the supporters - who continue to revel in the heights of yesteryear and still believe we are a much bigger club than we are (he said we believe we are bigger than Motherwell I think) he reckons given the size of budget, squad and attendance we're constantly punching above our weight.

Speaking of which - I heard Gus on the radio (Saturday?) saying it would be madness to sack DL at this point and that he needs to be given more time. In a round about way he actually managed to blame the supporters - who continue to revel in the heights of yesteryear and still believe we are a much bigger club than we are (he said we believe we are bigger than Motherwell I think) he reckons given the size of budget, squad and attendance we're constantly punching above our weight.

Which is a fair point. One of the issues that some of our support had with Gus was that he didn't kiss our collective ass like Danny does.