Season Ticket Smart Cards & Retail Security Alarms

davidg

Went into Tesco in the east end a few times and I've set off the security alarms on the way in the door. Wasn't sure if it was me or someone leaving at te same time.

The alarm sounded in the way out also but security checked bags and sent me in my way.

Same thing happened in B&Q a few days later where I discovered it was my season tickets in my wallet that were setting the alarms off.

Anybuddie else had this experience?

I keep my season tickets in my wallet so I don't forget or lose them but I'm setting alarms off everywhere I go now :lol

Edited by davidg

Went to Ikea last week and after much consideration bought a large suitcase/sports holdall on wheels.

Got home. Discovered a huge pocket ion the side I hadn't noticed before.

Opened it and all manner of stuff fell out including brand new brushes, and various other things - all labelled and new.

Reckon I saved about £50. If I could just find a use for them all............

Went into Tesco in the east end a few times and I've set off the security alarms on the way in the door. Wasn't sure if it was me or someone leaving at te same time.

The alarm sounded in the way out also but security checked bags and sent me in my way.

Same thing happened in B&Q a few days later where I discovered it was my season tickets in my wallet that were setting the alarms off.

I keep my season tickets in my wallet so I don't forget or lose them but I'm setting alarms off everywhere I go now lol.gif

I got thrown out as mine wisnae valid. thumbdown.gif

I keep my season tickets in my wallet so I don't forget or lose them but I'm setting alarms off everywhere I go now lol.gif

^^^ Leigh Griffiths IMO.

Edited by TigerFeet

This used to happen to me all the time - beeped on the way in and on the way out of all supermarkets. Security guard was perplexed to say the least. I used to tell him before I went in that it would beep.

Never thought about it being the smart card, and indeed since I changed wallets it's never happened again. I was told it might be a security tag in my wallet, and this seems most likely in my case since I no longer beep with my new wallet.