Sooo Much Negativity

Even if we do go down this season....

Instead of moaning about the manager after only 4/5 games...

why not just enjoy where we are right now and take our medicine when/if it arrives

enjoy your saturday and make of it as you will,even a loss brings debates in the pub afterwards

I'm a ST.MIRREN fan and been so all my life,seen it all ( ups and many many downs)

but i'm still a ST.MIRREN fan

why not just enjoy where we are right now and take our medicine when/if it arrives

enjoy your saturday and make of it as you will,even a loss brings debates in the pub afterwards

I'm a ST.MIRREN fan and been so all my life,seen it all ( ups and many many downs)

You're forgetting that losing a few football matches is like losing a family member to some people.

Can you imagine what relegation would do to them?

I've seen us relegated several times. It's always painful and I hope I never go though it again. However, we have ultimately bounced back every time, so hopefully, if it does happen, we will come back yet again, though I think it would take a few seasons.

Painful as relegation has been in the past, personally I've never hurt so bad after a football match as I did on the night we blew it against Hammarby.

This might be why....

I once read about five monkeys that were placed in a room with a banana at the top of a set of stairs. As one monkey attempted to climb the stairs, all of the monkeys were sprayed with jets of cold water. A second monkey made an attempt and again the monkeys were sprayed. No more monkeys attempted to climb the stairs. One of the monkeys was then removed from the room and replaced with a new monkey. New monkey saw the banana and started to climb the stairs but to its surprise, it was attacked by the other monkeys. Another of the original monkeys was replaced and the newcomer was also attacked when he attempted to climb the stairs. The previous newcomer took part in the punishment with enthusiasm. Replacing a third original monkey with a new one, it headed for the stairs and was attacked as well. Half of the monkeys that attacked him had no idea why. After replacing the fourth and fifth original monkeys, none had ever been sprayed with cold water but all stayed the f**k away from the stairs.

I agree that there is some over the top moaning, but it's not about 4 or 5 games its the whole of 2013 with the exception of the cup run, the spl form is terrible and will not get any better until Danny changes his game plan, starting with changing the flat back 4 that isn't working.

For any team to have any league success they need to have the ability to get back to back results, Danny hasn't won back to back games in about a season and a half, and that's with what I would say is the strongest looking starting 11 that we have had for years.

The personal abuse he gets is over the top as he is a genuinely nice guy, but I would rather he just started coming out and telling it as it is, either what he is telling the players gets ignored, or they are doing what he says and it is wrong, either way it gets sorted out.

What are you enjoying at the moment?

another wanky thread started by someone who thinks he is a superfan....

its not 4 or 5 games though, its 6 or 7 months we have been brutal in the league, even div who is 1 of the most positive on here has admitted its time for a change. Get yourself along to a game and see if your still as positive after it, its getting beyond a joke.

Correct Sir ! clap.gif

It's sounds like we're going through the stages of bereavement together. You now appear to have entered acceptance. An acceptance that were poor, relegation shouldn't be that big a surprise, so chin up & get on with it. Why?

We're an SPL team now. You get relegated then the ultimate goal is to be where we are right now. We had the foundations of a decent squad last season. I'm sure I wasn't alone in thinking were a couple of players away from climbing the table and having a decent league campaign.

As contracts were being terminated I was beginning to think Danny's got a master plan. He must have better players in mind, especially with the extra cash he'll have from the cup win. After all the anticipation what happened; the square root of f**k all.

It's the self destruction I'm finding hard to accept.

Surely supporting your team is about more than just meekly accepting things no matter how bad they get.

If you don't get frustrated or annoyed at times it strikes me that you don't really care very much about the club at all. I'm not saying that it should affect you for very long but at least walking out of the ground you should feel some sort of emotion about what you've just seen, otherwise what's the point in following any club?

We're all Saints fans, no one is expecting miracles. But we should be able to win more than 1 league match in 13 or whatever it is now. We should be able to at least compete with the likes of Caley Thistle and Ross County. And we should be able to provide some excitement and entertainment to the 3,000 odd who turn up to the home matches.

We were able to do all of the above in Danny's 2nd season in charge so it's not too much to ask.

This might be why....

I once read about five monkeys that were placed in a room with a banana at the top of a set of stairs. As one monkey attempted to climb the stairs, all of the monkeys were sprayed with jets of cold water. A second monkey made an attempt and again the monkeys were sprayed. No more monkeys attempted to climb the stairs. One of the monkeys was then removed from the room and replaced with a new monkey. New monkey saw the banana and started to climb the stairs but to its surprise, it was attacked by the other monkeys. Another of the original monkeys was replaced and the newcomer was also attacked when he attempted to climb the stairs. The previous newcomer took part in the punishment with enthusiasm. Replacing a third original monkey with a new one, it headed for the stairs and was attacked as well. Half of the monkeys that attacked him had no idea why. After replacing the fourth and fifth original monkeys, none had ever been sprayed with cold water but all stayed the f**k away from the stairs.

that looks like a sevco manifest for boardroom reconstructionwhistling.gif

When Saints run out on the park I like 99.9% of fans will back the team 100% however at the end of the game if fans feel we have not played as well as we can and lose the game they have every right to Boooo the team of the park if they so wish. I did not booooo the team off the park on Saturday simply because I walked out early in disgust. Have spoken to fans of other clubs who like you think it's shocking Danny is under pressure after only a few games. but then I explain some of the figures the worst of which reads 3 league wins in 9 month of football The answer back is WHAT ! Then they agree that is totally unaceptable . If that rate of success was in the real world of the job market you would be sacked make no mistake. So I don't see negativity being writtien I see fans on this forum being understandably frustrated.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

It's come as no surprise to me that, over the last couple of weeks, this forum, and others, are flooded with Saints fans almost relishing our predicament.
I have often been told by my fellow, non Paisley, Scots that we are renowned for our pessimistic outlook and lack of enthusiasm.
The latter has certainly been proven unfounded as, going by the influx of posters thoughout all parts of the day, it appears our enthusiasm for pessimism knows no bounds.
Never have I see these keyboard outlets so jam packed with Saints fans, mainly criticising the incumbent manager.
One after another spreading doom and gloom, as if more was needed during the current crisis.
If ever there was a whole support who could claim to be the perfect candidates to carry "The end is nigh" boards it is our collective.
If this were to be turned into a play it would make Titus Andronicus appear more like a farce!
people say to make a Paisley man smile you have to turn him upside down!
Maybe it's time for many to take a step back, look at themselves, then actually realise that we could be in a far worse state of affairs. Time is still on our side.
The apocolypse is not inpending, at least not apparently so. Turnarounds have happened much later in others campaigns so, instead of "Why", let's try, "Why NOT"! .......................... Just for a change.wink.png

Edited by stlucifer

if only it was 4/5 games

It's come as no surprise to me that, over the last couple of weeks, this forum, and others, are flooded with Saints fans almost relishing our predicament.

I have often been told by my fellow, non Paisley, Scots that we are renowned for our pessimistic outlook and lack of enthusiasm.

The latter has certainly been proven unfounded as, going by the influx of posters thoughout all parts of the day, it appears our enthusiasm for pessimism knows no bounds.

Never have I see these keyboard outlets so jam packed with Saints fans, mainly criticising the incumbent manager.

One after another spreading doom and gloom, as if more was needed during the current crisis.

If ever there was a whole support who could claim to be the perfect candidates to carry "The end is nigh" boards it is our collective.

If this were to be turned into a play it would make Titus Andronicus appear more like a farce!

people say to make a Paisley man smile you have to turn him upside down!

Maybe it's time for many to take a step back, look at themselves, then actually realise that we could be in a far worse state of affairs. Time is still on our side.

The apocolypse is not inpending, at least not apparently so. Turnarounds have happened much later in others campaigns so, instead of "Why", let's try, "Why NOT"! .......................... Just for a change.wink.png

sorry but 3 wins in 9 months is more than enough patience for me ,so why not just open your eyes and see the FACTS danny is not good enough

if only it was 4/5 games

sorry but 3 wins in 9 months is more than enough patience for me ,so why not just open your eyes and see the FACTS danny is not good enough

And THAT sums up the pish that is being posted.

I'll remind you, as it's obviously escaped your sharp wit, we didn't play for three of those months. 1eye.gif

No decent supporters are kidding on the situation is good but it's the effort by some to make it worse than it is that's frankly becoming hilarious. bye1.gif

And THAT sums up the pish that is being posted.

I'll remind you, as it's obviously escaped your sharp wit, we didn't play for three of those months. 1eye.gif

No decent supporters are kidding on the situation is good but it's the effort by some to make it worse than it is that's frankly becoming hilarious. bye1.gif

I know exactly how long its been and yes I also know how long the breaks is ,as I am 1 of a % of guys on here who actually attend games as opposed to going to garden centres then pretending to be the voice of knowledge on current players and manager,as I originally said if it was only 4/5 games it wouldn't be as big an issue but the fact that nothing has really changed in said 3 months break kind of defeats your point ,we are not getting any better ,dannys tactics / team set up are becoming increasingly baffling ,not only my view but a large majority of people who GO to games .but hey maybe the flowers are telling you to come on here and post pish

I know exactly how long its been and yes I also know how long the breaks is ,as I am 1 of a % of guys on here who actually attend games as opposed to going to garden centres then pretending to be the voice of knowledge on current players and manager,as I originally said if it was only 4/5 games it wouldn't be as big an issue but the fact that nothing has really changed in said 3 months break kind of defeats your point ,we are not getting any better ,dannys tactics / team set up are becoming increasingly baffling ,not only my view but a large majority of people who GO to games .but hey maybe the flowers are telling you to come on here and post pish

Ah, the I'm great at spotting football stuff because I go line. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Indeed, jog on, there's no point, stupid doesn't cover you. bye1.gif

PS If you know that we didn't play for three months why did you post nine months? whistling.gif

PPS Just to clarify, family is much more important than St Mirren, hope that helps.

PPPS It wasn't a garden centre. 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint