Conflicting Media Reports

oaksoft

I just wanted to bring this post out onto it's own thread.

We are getting conflicting media reports from a range of trusted people about Danny's future.

It's pretty clear that at least one director is saying stuff which seems to conflict with what Stewart Gilmour has been saying.

We may also be seeing fans with an agenda spreading deliberately false information in order to hasten Danny's departure.

I'd like to make a request.

Our club is clearly being damaged from within in addition to what is happening on the pitch.

Whoever is doing it needs to f**king stop NOW.

The situation with Danny will take care of itself (we all have naturally differing and heated opinions about that) but we certainly don't need people within the club and fanbase allowing their egos to make things worse.

That's the reason for splitting this post into a new thread.

This is not a thread about Danny.

This is about certain people trying to f**k over our club for apparently no gain.

Please stop this whoever you are.

We are ALL St Mirren.

Edited by oaksoft

I just wanted to bring this post out onto it's own thread.

It's pretty clear that at least one director is saying stuff which seems to conflict with what Stewart Gilmour has been saying.

We may also be seeing fans with an agenda spreading deliberately false information in order to hasten Danny's departure.

We are ALL St Mirren.

Apologies but while I appreciate the sentiment to an extent, this is way, way over the top.

Everyone is well aware that Danny's job is on the line, including Danny himself, the players & the fans.

If a director has been making comments, I'm sure he will have made the same comments to Danny himself. And directors are equally entitled to express their opinions as anybody else. It can hardly be said that its doing anything to damage the club.

It is only speculation about the mangers future, which after 1 win in seven months would be happening to any manager at any club up and down the country.

Making mountains out of molehills........

Frankly I'd be more concerned to hear that the directors weren't bothered about our poor run of form...

Edited by ds10

Sadly the negative people jump all over the positive threads & comments.

Positive fans are well aware of the predicament , we just conduct ourselves in a more constructive way whilst still supporting the club.

smile.png

I'm disappointed in this post, wdwb.

What exactly is 'negative' about people wishing to improve a desperately dire situation and suggesting a possible solution ?

You need to check the difference between negativity and realism.

Wishing the status quo is not 'positive' when the situation is perilous.

Sadly, another 'I'm a better supporter than you are' poster.

Disappointed.

Our club is clearly being damaged from within in addition to what is happening on the pitch.
The situation with Danny will take care of itself (we all have naturally differing and heated opinions about that) but we certainly don't need people within the club and fanbase allowing their egos to make things worse.

This is about certain people trying to f**k over our club for apparently no gain.

We are ALL St Mirren.

Can I be clear that this wasn't my post - something was awry with my machine at work and it didn't quote properly. I was quoting (or trying to quite) a post by oaksoft.

This was my (intended) response:

Have other media outlets reported a director making comments that run contrary to what SG is reported to have said in the Daily Record? Even then, it could easily be drivel.

We all know that the papers make stuff up, and misrepresent people, and we can't trust anything that anyone on here posts (and I mean anything and anyone). Unless the BoD make a formal statement, we won't know what to believe, so I feel that making any suggestions that someone within the club is intentionally doing anything that damage the club leaves you on dodgy ground.

Edited by Drew

We are ALL St Mirren.

Have other media outlets reported a director making comments that run contrary to what SG is reported to have said in the Daily Record? Even then, it could easily be drivel.

We all know that the papers make stuff up, and misrepresent people, and we can't trust anything that anyone on here posts (and I mean anything and anyone). Unless the BoD make a formal statement, we won't know what to believe, so I feel that making any suggestions that someone within the club is intentionally doing anything that damage the club leaves you on didgy ground.who's said what where?

There is no evidence that anyone on the board has said anything just a load of rumours spouted on this forum. Gilmour said today Lennon is our manager. I like Danny he has done a great job here and talked up our club won us the cup played some good football along the way. I still think if we loose to motherwell and hearts he has to go.

Given the title of this thread, I was hoping maybe somebody could post links to some of these apparent media reports...personally I've seen nothing of substance written on the subject of DL being on his way...which I assume means business as usual...

PS this is not a dig at the OP...my point is that hearsay and the Sun/Daily record do nothing to add any clarity to the matter...anyone can make shit up!...until there is a statement on the SMFC website we must assume DL is going nowhere.

What Drew said basically...

Edited by ss39Lavety