Accommodating Jim?

Marc McAusland never put a foot wrong today. Anyone who thinks he had a poor game must be blinded by pure hatred of him.

There are many of them, I don't think he was particularly brilliant today, nor do I feel he put a foot wrong either. There are some absolute roasters in W2 blame him for just about everything. Sutton drifts in between Goodwin and Grainger to score, "f**k sake Cheesey"....What?

Goodwin gave his all today why are you slating the captain? Does he pick the team and does he set the tactics?

I dont slate him on here as there are enough accusations flying around about players not pulling there weight but I need to say this. Is a player who spends the vast majority of his games with an early Yellow card hanging over him really captain material?. I say no.

Goodwin is a fantastic skipper and I believe he is best in midfield protecting the back four and allowing McGowan to have the freedom to support the front two and press higher up the park. Goodwin has been asked to play centre half and when asked recently about it he responded by saying that he would play anywhere for us which is the signs of a fantastic pro and just what I expect of our skipper. I feel we are trying to accommodate playing Harkins & Gowser more than trying to accommodate Goodwin. One of them has to make way with me preferring Harkins to have a stint on the bench as we are needing everyone to dig in just now and I believe Gowser has a better work rate

You didn't hear a peep from Goodwin during the second half, in terms of rallying the team or putting some urgency into us. He was also the first to let the head go down in the Thistle game when they scored. He's a dreadful captain, unless you deem shouting yer mouth off at refs/opponents and lunging into challenges as being a sign of good leadership.

He talks the talk during the week and likes to play upto his 'hard man' status, but he's a liability most of the time in temperament and in his performances.. If he was half as good as he thought he is he'd be some player... Big ego little ability.

Goodwin is not a CB he plays cm in front of defence I think Newton is better in that position. Goodwin still a good player for coming on to close out games. Thompson needs to get into better positions. I thought there were to many crosses into the box that he should have been on the end of.

I think it may be worth giving Thompson a game or 2 on the bench also.

Yeah, genius, bench our only proven striker!

Erm, which game has Thompson delivered in this season? He has looked disinterested. You could have had Reilly playing there and nobidy would have know the difference.

absolute pish..been upfront chasing a lost cause himself all season....

He hasn't done anything all season.

A few people getting all misty eyed just because it's Thompson.

Erm, which game has Thompson delivered in this season? He has looked disinterested. You could have had Reilly playing there and nobidy would have know the difference.

He hasn't done anything all season.

A few people getting all misty eyed just because it's Thompson.

I'm not misty eyed, but just how much has Thompson had to work with? He scored vs QOTS and has come close a few times. The guy isn't a target man, neither should he be chasing the ball all day. My worry is that he's started playing like Mehmet, who by the way fannied around most weeks and was applauded for it. I'd look disinterested if the ball was being blootered my way constantly. Seems the more we pay a striker the less we feel a need to provide service.

How many high balls would Reilly win? Answer, none! So, we would notice a difference.

I'm not misty eyed, but just how much has Thompson had to work with? He scored vs QOTS and has come close a few times. The guy isn't a target man, neither should he be chasing the ball all day. My worry is that he's started playing like Mehmet, who by the way fannied around most weeks and was applauded for it. I'd look disinterested if the ball was being blootered my way constantly. Seems the more we pay a striker the less we feel a need to provide service.

How many high balls would Reilly win? Answer, none! So, we would notice a difference.

And what difference would that be?

Six games in, we have scored 2 league goals, both from midfield.

Edited by Lanarkshire_Bud

And what difference would that be?

Six games in, we have scored 2 league goals, both from midfield.

You're forgetting that long balls are "that wee bit extra" that we bring to the game. How many balls to the top two are to feet? No wonder Thompson goes searching for the ball. Reilly is okay, but then so could be Anton Brady...too small for our "identity".

I would agree with benching Thompson he has not been good this season. If I am really honest I think he has looked lazy so far. On Saturday he should have been on the end of crosses and he was no where to be seen.

The only problem is we have no one else to replace him with and bankonen doesn't instill conference in me Reilly is still young. can we still sign out of contract players and are there any available?.