Left Back

This is a position we have arsed about with for as long as I care to remember. Now we have a ready made young player in Sean Kelly and should have him tied up on a contract ASAP . He has come in and played with confidence and had another good game again today. He is slightly rough about the edges but he will learn with more games played. It's also good that he is getting the support of the fans, too which can only help. Does anyone know how long he is signed for at the moment?

Here's hoping he will be a St Mirren player for some time:)

This is a position we have arsed about with for as long as I care to remember. Now we have a ready made young player in Sean Kelly and should have him tied up on a contract ASAP . He has come in and played with confidence and had another good game again today. He is slightly rough about the edges but he will learn with more games played. It's also good that he is getting the support of the fans, too which can only help. Does anyone know how long he is signed for at the moment?

Here's hoping he will be a St Mirren player for some time:)

Think he signed a one year contract at the start of the season.

Like the look of this young lad.
What is filling me with more confidence is that Dummett came to us with zilch positional sense but through good coaching, went back to Newcastle a good player.
If Sean is prepared to listen, learn snd work hard then as has been shown with McLean and now McGinn, he will get his chance.

Edited by BuddieinEK

What I like about Kelly, from what I've seen, is that he defends, doesn't f**k about, and keeps things simple. Easy passes, picks the right player, makes the right tackles.

He needs to develop more awareness of what's going on around him and react to changing circumstances a wee bit more quickly. Hopefully that will come with time, as he seems to be a decent prospect.

What I like about Kelly, from what I've seen, is that he defends, doesn't f**k about, and keeps things simple. Easy passes, picks the right player, makes the right tackles.

He needs to develop more awareness of what's going on around him and react to changing circumstances a wee bit more quickly. Hopefully that will come with time, as he seems to be a decent prospect.

Good point FTOF. Let's not get too carried away. He has looked promising but he was suspect on their second and third goals yesterday. Young players have problems with knowing when and when not to commit to tackles and ball watching at certain times. I thought during the game that he should have shown the guy the bye-line rather than rush straight at him so that he went past him quite easily and he had no idea where Fallon was for the third. The highlights have just reinforced my initial thoughts.

A tad harsh maybe but the club need to work on him and you can't do that in the first team, Perhaps give him a rest after a few more games and let him work on these improvements in a

couple of U20 games. He just needs time.

A tad harsh maybe but the club need to work on him and you can't do that in the first team, Perhaps give him a rest after a few more games and let him work on these improvements in a 

couple of U20 games.  He just needs time.

I was agreeing with you up till this point.

For quite a part of his first loan period with us last season, Dummett had no positional sense and was regularly being caught out. He seemed to do not too badly learning in the first team.

I think you're being slightly harsh on the young lad, watching him against Hearts & Aberdeen his defensive play was the strongest side of his game. We can only expects mistakes from the younger kids in our team at this age . I agree on the 2nd goal but not the 3rd as I think the men in front to have dealt with it better. As fans I think we can only commend teenagers Kelly & Dilo for coming into the team with great composure at such a young age and contributing to our turn around.

Still early days for Kelly but is getting slightly better with each game from when I first seen him against Morton this year. Judge him after more than 3 games. We are too quick to build players up to knock them down.

Dillo has played slightly more games in a central role and I am excited about this boys potential but again needs more games.

Still early days for Kelly but is getting slightly better with each game from when I first seen him against Morton this year. Judge him after more than 3 games. We are too quick to build players up to knock them down.

Dillo has played slightly more games in a central role and I am excited about this boys potential but again needs more games.

Im I missing something, Dilo is a goalkeeperbangin.gif

Good point FTOF. Let's not get too carried away. He has looked promising but he was suspect on their second and third goals yesterday. Young players have problems with knowing when and when not to commit to tackles and ball watching at certain times. I thought during the game that he should have shown the guy the bye-line rather than rush straight at him so that he went past him quite easily and he had no idea where Fallon was for the third. The highlights have just reinforced my initial thoughts.

couple of U20 games. He just needs time.

For the 3rd goal, the whole back 4 weren't aware. just watch Lee Mair running after their player before the goal. BTW, I am not Lee bashing saying that

Dave the Buddie. I'm with santaponsasaint. What are you talking about? When was he played in a wider area?

I'm with Dave, Dilo was signed as a central keeper/left winger to replace Imrie. Didn't work out for him as left winger, but he's made the central keeper slot his own.

*disclaimer I'm talking pish.