Employers In The Town

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS

Health centre and community staff unlikely to be employed by health board.[/quote

Health centres are operated by the health board, others like GPS might be based there but most staff are health board employees. By community I meant district nurses etc.

While we all draw on our life experience I wish you would stop the propaganda that life isn't worth living without dome degree or other.

The majority of people making a decent living wont have or require a degree.

I'm not suggesting a degree cannot be useful but the fact you have no idea about life without one and you are super intelligent you do act like a buffoon at times.

There is life without a degree, long live common sense and enthusiastic employees, worth their weight in gold, and that's from experience.

Are you 21 at the moment or are you talking about the 80's when there were plenty of jobs around for non graduates?

Maybe the under 21 year old non graduates can tell us how easy it is to get a job these days.

Maybe the headlines about this are bollox so let's debunk it right now.

Fill yer boots folks.

BTW I didn't say life wasn't worth living without a degree so take that chip off your shoulder and chill ya numpty.

Edited by oaksoft

Who/what are Atos Vambo?

Atos is an international information technology services company with annual 2012 revenue of EUR 8.8 billion and 76400 employees in 47 countries.

They are at 83 Linwood road Linwood Elderslie. .

Linwood road, Paisley, across the carraigeway from the Showcase Cinema.

Initially an IT outsourcing company (they've not long ago 'acquired' Siemens Business Systems (Cowglen Bank included). Atos do a wide range of IT stuff, with their first footprint in Scotland being taking the Scottish NHS IT staff and functions over. They do the IT for the Olympics (and the upcoming Commonwealth games), DWP, to Child Health & Immunisation systems.

Unfortunately, their UK 'Healthcare' division won the contract to assess claimants for Disability and sickness benefits, which has resulted in a lot of bad publicity for them.

Are you 21 at the moment or are you talking about the 80's when there were plenty of jobs around for non graduates?

Maybe the under 21 year old non graduates can tell us how easy it is to get a job these days.

Maybe the headlines about this are bollox so let's debunk it right now.

Fill yer boots folks.

BTW I didn't say life wasn't worth living without a degree so take that chip off your shoulder and chill ya numpty.

What I'm talking about I'd the reality up here. There are plenty of opportunities for employment through various avenues.

Companies up here struggle to get decent young people to fill vacancies as they are either not interested or see the work being offered as below them.

There are also plenty of apprenticeships, both the local training group and college are seeing the best numbers for years.

So, there you go, that's the reality. Surprised the forum intellectual all of a sudden believes everything he reads in the newspapers.

Got to go, got some afternoon TV to watch.

I'm a 22 year old Engineering graduate and I was lucky enough to go straight from Uni into a job as were the vast majority of my classmates so there is definitely still jobs out there in that field. However I know of many people with degrees in other areas who took years to get a graduate job or still haven't. The figures don't actually reflect how bad the reality is as young people who can't get a full time job (Grads or Non-grads) usually work part time and therefore are counted as being 'in employment' even though they are on minimum wage and small hour contracts.

I'm a 22 year old Engineering graduate and I was lucky enough to go straight from Uni into a job as were the vast majority of my classmates so there is definitely still jobs out there in that field. However I know of many people with degrees in other areas who took years to get a graduate job or still haven't. The figures don't actually reflect how bad the reality is as young people who can't get a full time job (Grads or Non-grads) usually work part time and therefore are counted as being 'in employment' even though they are on minimum wage and small hour contracts.

This isn't strictly correct. The government figures on graduate employment come from the universities themselves gathering data required by the government and are split into those in graduate employment, and those in non-graduate employment. (There are other figures on those that have left the UK, those who have gone on to a further level of study etc.). How the figures are presented by various interested parties is one thing, but they are given the correct figures, not just 'employment' bundled into one category.

What I'm talking about I'd the reality up here. There are plenty of opportunities for employment through various avenues.

Companies up here struggle to get decent young people to fill vacancies as they are either not interested or see the work being offered as below them.

There are also plenty of apprenticeships, both the local training group and college are seeing the best numbers for years.

Aye but you live in a place where cars haven't been invented yet, people still write letters to each other using quill pens and flowery cuffs are the height of fashion.

So like I said, education is the way forwards.

Postgraduate vacancies for paid PhD positions are also going through the roof because just about every young person now realises it's the best way of getting a job which doesn't involve cleaning toilets and guarding the pick and mix at the local B&M. For uneducated youngsters even those two jobs can be outwith their reach.

I have spent time as a Security Guard many years ago. Even back then the industry was infested with graduates who couldn't get a degree level job.

Mmmmm chips. smile.png

Yummy I'm on my way.

Or at least I would be if you had actual roads within 8 miles of where you live.

No way am I buggering my suspension on that rutted cow track.

Oh and we also hate each other so for both of those reasons I won't be coming.

Thanks for the invite though.

Yummy I'm on my way.

Or at least I would be if you had actual roads within 8 miles of where you live.

No way am I buggering my suspension on that rutted cow track.

Oh and we also hate each other so for both of those reasons I won't be coming.

Thanks for the invite though.

Poor Oakey, all upset.

You're cute when your angry. Xxx

While we all draw on our life experience I wish you would stop the propaganda that life isn't worth living without dome degree or other.

The majority of people making a decent living wont have or require a degree.

I'm not suggesting a degree cannot be useful but the fact you have no idea about life without one and you are super intelligent you do act like a buffoon at times.

There is life without a degree, long live common sense and enthusiastic employees, worth their weight in gold, and that's from experience.

Agree with this post. In my own opinion these days chasing a degree in mist fields is giving up a few years of your life in exchange for thousands of debt and life in a regular job unless you are lucky or know someone who can get u a job.

Im lucky enough that i have a good income and i earn a lot more than most ppl i know with degrees which is a shame.

These days more and more people are chasing a degree in something or other as its easier to get than an apprenticeship for a trade.

I blame immagration, foreign outsourcing, tesco, mobile phone companies, china/taiwan/pakistan/india and heroin!

I have too disagree here. If you say companies are struggling too get decent people in then why am I still unemployed. All I have done is send CV's and fill in application forms for the last year and I have been unsuccessful. Had 1 interveiw and felt like knocking out the interveiwer. So after working for 10 years to not working it fries my nut in that all you hear is theres plenty off jobs out there. If so why am I struggling to get one and the answer is no education and no experience in the role which I beleive is bollocks.

Linwood road, Elderslie, across the carraigeway from the Showcase Cinema.

Initially an IT outsourcing company (they've not long ago 'acquired' Siemens Business Systems (Cowglen Bank included). Atos do a wide range of IT stuff, with their first footprint in Scotland being taking the Scottish NHS IT staff and functions over. They do the IT for the Olympics (and the upcoming Commonwealth games), DWP, to Child Health & Immunisation systems.

Unfortunately, their UK 'Healthcare' division won the contract to assess claimants for Disability and sickness benefits, which has resulted in a lot of bad publicity for them.

FIFY. .

I have too disagree here. If you say companies are struggling too get decent people in then why am I still unemployed. All I have done is send CV's and fill in application forms for the last year and I have been unsuccessful. Had 1 interveiw and felt like knocking out the interveiwer. So after working for 10 years to not working it fries my nut in that all you hear is theres plenty off jobs out there. If so why am I struggling to get one and the answer is no education and no experience in the role which I beleive is bollocks.

Maybe the guy who interviewed you could feel the threat of getting knocked out and decided that's not the type of employee he was looking for?

:)