Marian Kello

div

Kello is the best keeper I've seen at St Mirren, although I can only remember as far back as the millennium champions season.

I highly doubt the other goalkeepers mentioned were anything close to being as good as Kello, though. Do Thomson or Dibble have any international caps from back when football was rubbish?

Football was rubbish?

That's how our clubs reached the later stages of European competitions

Our International team played in the World Cup Finals every time they came around

If that's rubbish,what is it now?

IMO it is nonsense to mention Kello in a list of the greatest ever St Mirren keepers simply because he has played so few games for us. If he extends his contract and goes on to play 50+ matches for us while maintaining this standard then go ahead and make comparisons.

That said, our BoD should be encouraged to push the boat out and get him to sign for another 18 months.

People will be basing their opinions of Kello on having watched his performances for Hearts also. I certainly am.

Sometimes it is possible to recognise a player's class relatively quickly. For me, Kello is one such player.

Football was rubbish?

Our International team played in the World Cup Finals every time they came around

If you could transport me back in time to when Dibble was playing in rubbish teams, then I would be happy to watch the rubbish on offer. Dibble, Munro,Weir, Copeland, McGarvey,Stark, McDougall, Somner,Scanlon,Richardson,........yes please !!

Edited by class of 76-77

If you could transport me back in time to when Dibble was playing in rubbish teams, then I would be happy to watch the rubbish on offer. Dibble, Munro,Weir, Copeland, McGarvey,Stark, McDougall, Somner,Scanlon,Richardson,........yes please !!

That was some team in those days.

IMO it is nonsense to mention Kello in a list of the greatest ever St Mirren keepers simply because he has played so few games for us. If he extends his contract and goes on to play 50+ matches for us while maintaining this standard then go ahead and make comparisons.

That said, our BoD should be encouraged to push the boat out and get him to sign for another 18 months.

When based upon said players ability to perform when called upon then ,Yes. Kello is possibly the best keeper to wear the saints top. If we`re looking at length of service, games played, honours won ..... of course hes not up there.

But if we were to sign Messi from now till the end of the season & he rattled in 20 goals, would you concede that he may have a claim to me the best player you`d seen in a saints top ?

Guest somner9

Sit tight!

it's aw bubbling away with big Kellzo (or Marzo).

Hheard his brother Justine is a decent footballer too, takes after his auld man Sue Kello.... whose parents were big Johnny Cash fans apparently?

Football was rubbish?

I was talking about the quality of football in general. Modern day footballers are physically and technically better than they were 30 odd years ago and in turn, we see a much better standard of football, goalkeepers included.

I would be extremely surprised if any of the goalkeepers mentioned were better than Kello in any way.

I was talking about the quality of football in general. Modern day footballers are physically and technically better than they were 30 odd years ago and in turn, we see a much better standard of football, goalkeepers included.

I would be extremely surprised if any of the goalkeepers mentioned were better than Kello in any way.

They might be fitter but i wouldn't say they are better technically not a chance

Prepare to be surprised then.

Both Thomson (with no "p") and Money were excellent 'keepers and were in and about the Scotland squad, when Scotland actually had a decent team.

IMO they were better 'keepers than Kello.

Both Thomson and Money played when 'keepers got little or no protection, unlike today's game.

Money, in particular was one of the bravest (or should that be stupidest?) 'keepers I've ever seen.

Kello is the best 'keeper since Money, by quite a way.

Prepare to be surprised then.

Both Thomson (with no "p") and Money were excellent 'keepers and were in and about the Scotland squad, when Scotland actually had a decent team.

IMO they were better 'keepers than Kello.

Both Thomson and Money played when 'keepers got little or no protection, unlike today's game.

Money, in particular was one of the bravest (or should that be stupidest?) 'keepers I've ever seen.

Kello is the best 'keeper since Money, by quite a way.

Was it not Utd's Davie Dodds that battered him in Scottish Cup at Love St? Went off at Tannadice as well. Kenny McDowall going in goals that day, won it 3-2

Was it not Utd's Davie Dodds that battered him in Scottish Cup at Love St? Went off at Tannadice as well. Kenny McDowall going in goals that day, won it 3-2

Sturrock done him and Dodds put the loose ball home at Scottish Cup tie.

Done in twice against Hearts.

Took off against Sellic and brought back on in his best ever game for us as we won 1-0.He cannot remember any of it though.

I'm sorry but lol.gif

Young people are hilarious when they say stupid things like this.

Cambell money was the best st.mirren keeper of all time i would say. I will never forget the day he took the ball of chick charnley when we won a penalty and scored! Scored another the week later ended the season with 3 goals all from penalties. He was with us so long represented the club very well. We had so many good keepers back then goram,lieghton that is the only reason he never got more caps.

Kello is good but can not be considered as a st.mirren best unless he stays for a year or more in my opinion!

hope he stays so we can find out?

I don't know about Thompson never saw him play just before my time...

I'm sorry but lol.gif

Young people are hilarious when they say stupid things like this.

Is that right, auld yin? You lot are hilarious with the internet, grammar in particular.

Football today is better than it was 30 years ago. Kello is probably the best quality goalkeeper we've ever had at the club; deal with it.

At least there's fulfilment is coming from somewhere. It must be difficult at that age smile.png

I'm sure this "one liner" was going to be truly hilarious right up to the point you rendered it meaningless by f**king up the spelling.

Go on I'll give you another shot. You young guys seem to need to do everything twice.