Dannys Contract Renewal

Not slating Danny but i think if we are to progress i think we need someone with more contacts down south or even overseaswho can bring more talent up here on the cheap.

I would look back and be happy at his achievements and his CV would look just nice for moving on and hopefully up.

Makes me sad for Gus that he was so close to having a bit of glory and silverware on his CV. In my opinion with a ream with less ability. This team would have beaten rangers that day.

post-8055-13841989741114_thumb.jpg

Not slating Danny but i think if we are to progress i think we need someone with more contacts down south or even overseaswho can bring more talent up here on the cheap.

I would look back and be happy at his achievements and his CV would look just nice for moving on and hopefully up.

Makes me sad for Gus that he was so close to having a bit of glory and silverware on his CV. In my opinion with a ream with less ability. This team would have beaten rangers that day.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1384198981.888085.jpg

He's managed to get us Dummet Newton and Goncalves. Newton's back this year.

He's not been as successful as ICT in bringing in English lower league players but he has brought Caprice who looks decent. And he's been better than Fenlon at hibs who's pished money down the drain. Sheilds too was a bit hit and miss.

He's managed to get us Dummet Newton and Goncalves. Newton's back this year.

He's not been as successful as ICT in bringing in English lower league players but he has brought Caprice who looks decent. And he's been better than Fenlon at hibs who's pished money down the drain. Sheilds too was a bit hit and miss.

Yeah and he has been good with the youngsters to add to that. But still think a wee change needed.

No one has earned a new contract yet not management or players we have regained confidence and they all deserve credit but lets wait and see what December brings

Fair point but there will be some who, even if we continue with our current form, will come out with...."Wait till March" "Wait till the End of the season".

For the sake of St Mirren football club I hope we DO keep up our current form (Enter stage right the pantomime clown Isabella) and everybody at the club gets the contract they deserve.

Am I correct in thinking that Danny is out of contract in the summer?

He's led us to our highest SPL finish and brought national silverware back to Paisley so surely we'll be offering him a new deal.

Wouldn't blame him for walking away after this year due to some of the ridiculous abuse he has been recieving! However his CV will look very good after his few years at saints working on a budget that's getting cut year on year and still manages to get results, a job offer from down south can't be too far away!!

Anyway you're just trying to ensure you can keep your user name for another season!!

Guest somner9

Won a major Trophy, highest spl finish (ok it wasn't where we wanted to finish). add to that he's just come through a real rough patch with many calling for his head.

seems to me he's got his head down, worked hard on our shortcomings, changed it where required, dropped recent signings that weren't performing and has re-booted the team to a level of performance that demonstrates we can beat any team in this league, and only celtic with their squad size/quality should be capable of holding us off.

That is worthy of a new contract when the time comes.

does anyone know a different coach we could get in our price range that would guarantee to better that???

No one has earned a new contract yet not management or players we have regained confidence and they all deserve credit but lets wait and see what December brings

So would you not offer Kenny McLean a new contract now? Leave it too late and we will probably lose him for nothing, if he signs a new deal now somebody will have to buy him come the summer.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1384198981.888085.jpg

Beg to differ.

The Saints manager first and foremost needs to work with the team running the Academy at Ralston to ensure the young players can slot in when their chance comes. If its DL or not is another matter, but running up a strategy and the costs on overseas players is less efficient, more often than not our younger lads have more appetite for turning things around when results go badly.and hold down their place more consistently.

does anyone know a different coach we could get in our price range that would guarantee to better that???

From experience, I can only offer: http://carsyouneed.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/mercedes-sprinter-buslimospoland---transport-ezo6vcfq.jpg

Like DL, able to turn quickly, comfortable throughout the UK (and when operating in Europe), a good engine, smart, fast when required, dependable and not bad looking...

Not cheap, though... :unsure:

I was giving this a bit of thought earlier - the management team contract scenario, that is.

Amidst all the rumblings surrounding a possible purchase of the consortium shares was the suggestion that new owners would perhaps want a man of their choosing in the hotseat. Now, I'm not in a position to comment on this inasmuch as I have no idea if anyone is genuinely looking at buying up the shares, nor, if they are, whether they would be looking to show Danny and Tommy the door.

Putting aside my own thoughts in terms of the potential outcome of the management team changing, now might not be a bad time for Danny and Tommy to move on if that is what were to happen. A win on Sunday, and I think the corner will have been turned. Danny will have demonstrated that he can tough it out when required, and that he has enough about him to make the right changes in difficualt circumstances. This could only look positive on his CV going forward. If he had been bagged 6 weeks ago, it would have been a very, very different story. We were the crisis club everyone was talking about - in negative terms, and Danny was under immense pressure.

I'm not advocating getting rid. Not at all. I remain ambivalent, but more than happy to give credit where its due. I just wonder if now would be the best time for a change (from their perspective) if it is to happen.

Just a thought....

Guest somner9

I was giving this a bit of thought earlier - the management team contract scenario, that is.

Amidst all the rumblings surrounding a possible purchase of the consortium shares was the suggestion that new owners would perhaps want a man of their choosing in the hotseat. Now, I'm not in a position to comment on this inasmuch as I have no idea if anyone is genuinely looking at buying up the shares, nor, if they are, whether they would be looking to show Danny and Tommy the door.

Putting aside my own thoughts in terms of the potential outcome of the management team changing, now might not be a bad time for Danny and Tommy to move on if that is what were to happen. A win on Sunday, and I think the corner will have been turned. Danny will have demonstrated that he can tough it out when required, and that he has enough about him to make the right changes in difficualt circumstances. This could only look positive on his CV going forward. If he had been bagged 6 weeks ago, it would have been a very, very different story. We were the crisis club everyone was talking about - in negative terms, and Danny was under immense pressure.

I'm not advocating getting rid. Not at all. I remain ambivalent, but more than happy to give credit where its due. I just wonder if now would be the best time for a change (from their perspective) if it is to happen.

Just a thought....

So you heard they are off to Inversneckie too?