Turned Around?

I'm pretty sure I wasn't making veiled comments about having them express their views face to face with me.

I was assuming you knew the difference.

This is quite an interesting take on things. Tell me , if someone pointed me out to you in a pub , would you walk up to me and say" Show me your medals" or would you just keep quiet and keep the peace ?

I'm not climbing down at all.

I'm advising you that even hinting at making threatening comments on a public forum isn't smart.

The courts are full of people who thought they could do that.

i don't see anybody making the slightest hint at confronting you here, only someone stating you would be most unlikely to meet someone face to face to talk, but hey go on and back up your slight hint at taking this to court i'd love to hear what the judge called you

I've made no secret of my 'happy-clapper' tendencies, but surely a winning first team including 6 youth team graduates counts as progress and success?

Yes, shouldn't be underestimated.

Wonder if anyone on here will take the credit for playing Kelly (20) and Naismith (19) as full backs?! An awful lot of work will have gone on behind the scenes to ensure that these guys can come into the team and hit the ground running. McLean and McGinn, meanwhile, at 21 and 19, are already experienced first team players.

The management team deserves great credit. Looking forward to seeing more of this crop of youngsters.

You, wilbur, norrie82, bud the baker and billyg (the wannabee manager) proved that when the going got tough you lost your nerve, bottled it and turned your back on the team when it needed you most.

You abandoned your team until they started winning again and therefore deserve every ounce of scorn and dogs abuse that you are receiving at the moment.

Supporting a winning team is easy. Properly supporting a struggling team is what makes the victories especially sweet.

I have no idea what form of "support" you lot think you were demonstrating when in reality you were making our team's performance worse by making them scared to touch the ball in case they made a mistake.

Without people like you our team would have recovered their confidence much quicker than they did.

I never once turned my back on the team and was shouting them on positively at each game during that. I tend to vent my frustration here rather than on the terrace which can have a negative effect. So no I disagree I was not turning away from my team. Unlike some of the glory hunters from march I was there as always with the hard core support at tannadice at Easter road etc. when I return home I then see loads of fans saying its crap and I agreed. Most people agree Danny was nearly out the door but I repeat he has done a great job turning us around. Fair play. Oaksoft get a grip mate you don't like me but turn my back on st.mirren never in a month of Sundays. Jog on you petulant wind up merchant Edited by norrie82

I never once turned my back on the team and was shouting them on positively at each game during that. I tend to vent my frustration here rather than on the terrace which can have a negative effect. So no I disagree I was not turning away from my team. Unlike some of the glory hunters from march I was there as always with the hard core support at tannadice at Easter road etc. when I return home I then see loads of fans saying its crap and I agreed. Most people agree Danny was nearly out the door but I repeat he has done a great job turning us around. Fair play. Oaksoft get a grip mate you don't like me but turn my back on st.mirren never in a month of Sundays. Jog on you petulant wind up merchant

Lets move on big game tomorrow can you believe that we will be 7th with a win. Brilliant prospect lets hope we do it

Edited by norrie82

Utter rubbish! This is a forum for discussing all things St. Mirren - Lennon's Mk. 1 formation for this season wasn't working and criticism of it was not abandoning the team or losing nerve it was acknowledging the reality of the situation. The team clearly had no confidence in Lennon's original tactix and it was only when they were changed that any semblance of confidence returned to the team.

It was the sight of his P45 on the horizon that prompted Lennon to change his tactix - claiming credit for the change as some of us have done is a bit of tongue in cheek one-upmanship although it comes as no surprise you fail to recognize this.

I'll continue to give DL the same support I've given any St. Mirren manager - past, present or future

I can tell you for a fact the new tactics employed in pre season were met with a lot of resistance. Edited by norrie82

I think I speak for us all when I say that we are waiting with baited breath for the final tally.

Fuxake! Not speaking for me.

I'm NOT waiting with "baited breath"...

...I might have waited with bated breath, however.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bai1.htm

I have missed a few days - just catching up and standards have slipped badly. :(

I blame yon predictive txt thingy...

Fuxake! Not speaking for me.

I'm NOT waiting with "baited breath"...

...I might have waited with bated breath, however.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bai1.htm

I have missed a few days - just catching up and standards have slipped badly. sad.png

I blame yon predictive txt thingy...

Thanks Bluto, but WGAF?

MOI!

Cos someBuddie has to.

You do know that the moon will remain up there regardless of grammatical errors, spelling errors, split infinitives and inappropriate use of slang don't you?

I've seen the equations which govern it's (or its or its' or....FFS who gives an absolute f**k) movement and I'm pretty sure poor English didn't cause last months (or months' or month's or.....rinse......repeat) unusually bright moonlight.

In terms of things which really don't matter, proper use of English is right up there with Dickson, Lex, JFK conspiracy theories and billyg's certificate collection.

MOI!

Cos someBuddie has to.

Cruel Clever Cat is pretty good...

Sally, having swallowed cheese,

Directs down holes the scented breeze,

Enticing thus with baited breath

Nice mice to an untimely death.

Off topic mind you but very good.

Game of two halves today. Another game we would have lost at the start of the season, but the second half demonstrated how much Jim Goodwin brings to the team in the defensive midfield role. DVZ played well but big Jim would have made a big difference with Hibs' confidence growing in the second half.

Well the "turned around" period continues.

Played 7, Won 4, Drawn 2, Lost 1

14 points from 21, a decent return, although mainly against the other bottom 6 teams. shutup.gif

Still, confidence is up, even after todays game, there were some very good individual performances and we should be focused and confident for next weeks cup game.