The Jim Goodwin Thread

He may be a headcase....but he's our headcase.

I've never known one of our players to garner so much anger, seethe and hatred from opposition, players, fans and managers.

Derek Adams absolutely distraught yesterday was glorious. A quick venture over to Pie & Bovril and I was surprised at the reaction to him.

I just upgraded him to my favourite current player just because he gives a GIRFUY to every other team.

What a skipper...nobody likes him he doesn't care!

Anyone else love the fact the oor Jim winds everyone else so much?

PS. This isn't a thread to slate Goodwin, please leaves that chatter elsewhere.

What are your favourite Goody moments?

Edited by Lanarkshire_Bud

I've never known one of our players to garner so much anger, seethe and hatred from opposition, players, fans and managers.

Derek Adams absolutely distraught yesterday was glorious. A quick venture over to Pie & Bovril and I was surprised at the reaction to him.

I just upgraded him to my favourite current player just because he gives a GIRFUY to every other team.

Anyone else love the fact the oor Jim woinds everyone else so much?

after scoring his penalty he raised his arms aloft to the aberdeen fans who had been booing him all night in the quarter final last year, that was a sublime giruy moment

We played County at home last season and he made a mad slide tackle, must have been about 10 yards from the guy as he began the slide slides in and wipes the ball away cleanly. Slides right off the park and pulls some mental face at the County fans...pity there's no photos of it, it was magnificent.

Exactly the sort of player we would all hate if he was in the opposing side.

Wasn't at his best yesterday but I think we will really miss him next weekend, we are a very "nice" team and we do need a bit of menace about us. He provides it.

I don't think he's in any way a dirty player, just helluva clumsy !

Not since Andy Millen or before that Tommy Turner or even before that Billy Abercromby...........

Not since Andy Millen or before that Tommy Turner or even before that Billy Abercromby...........

Abercromby is before my time but from what I can tell Turner and Millen don't come close to Goodwin.

As I said Derek Adams foaming at the mouth with anger was a good job well done by Jim.

If we didn't have Jim in the midfield our other more creative players wouldn't have the same impact. Most successful teams need a Goodie in their ranks. I actually think he does show a little finesse every so often. Not often enough to register but it is there in his locker.

He plays a key role in our team and is someone with absolute determination to be a winner when he goes on the park.

I remember Templeton playing for Hearts and getting the ball right on the touchline at halfway line of the west bank and before the ball had even got to him you could see that Goodwin was going to be the winner there. He slid in hard and screaming like a madman as wiped the ball out of the park and Templeton had sh*t it and felt the challenge as Goodie got up laughing and giving him a wee pat on the back. Brilliant.

he's the reason our midfielders are all free to express thereself fcuk adams his comments are a disgrace jims hard in tackle but never goes to end careers adams hammer throwers are spineless thugs who could put players out the game sproule especially THE SKIPPER IS THE MAN boxing.gif KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK JIM

Abercromby is before my time but from what I can tell Turner and Millen don't come close to Goodwin.

As I said Derek Adams foaming at the mouth with anger was a good job well done by Jim. 

TT and Millen didn't get under people's skin the way Goodwin does, they were clever tough tough players but I don't remember either being hated as much as Goodwin, though not having Pie and Bovril apps in their day maybe just prevented me being aware of the seeth!

Aber on the other hand, terrifying wee player, scared of no-one and could play a bit too.

I do love pie and bovril's hate for Goody, so many years I've wanted a player that other fans hate and we have one here, thing is he's a decent guy.

My favourite moment would be where he is kidding on he's smoking a cigar in Scott Brown's face in the league cup semi, golden!

Jim Dick wasnt exactly loved by the opposition if i remember correctly either.

He plays a key role in our team and is someone with absolute determination to be a winner when he goes on the park.

I remember Templeton playing for Hearts and getting the ball right on the touchline at halfway line of the west bank and before the ball had even got to him you could see that Goodwin was going to be the winner there. He slid in hard and screaming like a madman as wiped the ball out of the park and Templeton had sh*t it and felt the challenge as Goodie got up laughing and giving him a wee pat on the back. Brilliant.

I was sure he screamed at him but didnt actually make the tackle and templeton still shat it and let the ball go out of play. Belter

I was gonna say you couldn't have seen Aber in his prime. JG does a valiant impersonation but until he gets multiple red cards in the one game there can't be a full comparison.

Have to say, though, JG is probably the best midfield enforcer I've seen since Aber.

He's been a fantastic signing for us- that's why other teams hate him and why Hibs wanted him a while back. I think he's a bit more 'courteous' than Andy Millen though... Every team needs a JG, you can't fault his commitment! Distribution not great yesterday but he still has decent touches at times and steadies the midfield- we'll miss him on Sat.