The Jim Goodwin Thread

Reading between the lines that interview would suggest Goodwin has been offered a deal elsewhere.

The onus is clearly now on the Consortium to act.

The longer they take to resolve the managerial situation equates to time lost in building a squad for pre-season.

You are reading too much between the lines. To me it reads Jim does not want to lose some of our players suggesting he will be Saints captain next season :)

You are reading too much between the lines. To me it reads Jim does not want to lose some of our players suggesting he will be Saints captain next season :)

Agreed.

Heard He's been moaning a lot in the dressing room, he wants to know where his future lies as he has a family to provide for. Just wants it sorted one way or another.

Can't blame him really.

Edited by davidg

Agreed.

Heard He's been moaning a lot in the dressing room, he wants to know where his future lies as he has a family to provide for. Just wants it sorted one way or another.

Can't blame him really.

To be honest if the team had performed to acceptable levels that we know they are capable of then we would have known the clubs fate regarding relegation a lot sooner and maybe contracts could have been discussed. Not a dig at Jim , the whole team has under performed all season.

If its down to the sale of the club then that's a different matter. Then again maybe potential buyers were waiting to see what happened with regards to our flirt with the play off spot then it comes back to the players under performing.

Fans can sometimes forget its these guys mortgages ect on the line and they are not losing on purpose ( unless your a Morten player with a bet on the other team ).

Hopefully something is announced very soon and we can all start looking forward to next season. Just now I feel a bit wary.

To be honest if the team had performed to acceptable levels that we know they are capable of then we would have known the clubs fate regarding relegation a lot sooner and maybe contracts could have been discussed. Not a dig at Jim , the whole team has under performed all season.

If its down to the sale of the club then that's a different matter. Then again maybe potential buyers were waiting to see what happened with regards to our flirt with the play off spot then it comes back to the players under performing.

Fans can sometimes forget its these guys mortgages ect on the line and they are not losing on purpose ( unless your a Morten player with a bet on the other team ).

Hopefully something is announced very soon and we can all start looking forward to next season. Just now I feel a bit wary.

Wrong team there, kid, it's Hamilten, correct spelling is Mortoo.

Can't say I blame him. What choice has he been left? Could be weeks before we get a new manager appointed.

And then, after the season he's had, there is every chance he would be freed anyway.

Good luck to Jim if he does leave. Fantastic signing for the club, great guy and always have 100%.

4th St Mirren captain to lift a trophy - fantastic achievement that won't be forgotten.

I did wonder that he might be off when he brought his kids on the pitch after the game which struck me as slightly odd. Good servant, not irreplaceable of course but far better if we didn't have to replace him.

It will be sickening to lose Jim to one of our competitors on account of a failure on the part of the club to sort out the managerial situation.

The player brings a great deal to the club, and would be a big, big miss.