The Jim Goodwin Thread

But according to scotty neutral fans are all against Goodwin? He can't be neutral, he's a closet Buddie.

I think if you go by the vast majority of comments found on an open forum like Twitter or P&B, you'd see my view upheld. You could also point me to where I said neutral fans are all "against Goodwin"?

You'll struggle.

Jim should take along 2 videos, 1 of his challenge and the 2nd of the challenge that earned Ramos a booking in last nights match where his trailing leg demolished the boy he tackled.

Or of Taylor Sinclair's tackle on him on Friday that only earned a booking.

The only way I can see the red card being upheld is if it's regarded as a reckless and dangerous challenge despite the lack of contact. However, these types of challenges go on in most games in Scotland and are punished by a booking in the vast majority of cases.

Good news, but why even a yellow?

It was still a late/lunging challenge and he still made a bit of contact, though it was clearly not a red. A yellow is acceptable in the circumstances, IMO.

Well done to the club for backing the skipper. We need him for the last few games.

It was still a late/lunging challenge and he still made a bit of contact, though it was clearly not a red. A yellow is acceptable in the circumstances, IMO.

Well done to the club for backing the skipper. We need him for the last few games.

Agreed. He did make some contact and he did lunge in a bit, but Thomson made a meal of it.

Good news that having a big fresh air swipe at the ball 3 feet to the right of an opponent is just a booking.

Not sure how players now tackle and avoid further bookings inside this 3 foot exclusion zone unless maybe SPL can be revolutionary and move to some sort of tag football arrangement where players wear fabric tags and grabbing one means they have to surrender possession of the ball.

New SPFL Logo out...

attachicon.gifgood.jpg

Says it all.. it was never a yellow card, but the powers that be have hedged their bets, hoping to avoid looking completely hopeless by rescinding the totally unwarranted red card, but still not having the balls to punish that cheating wee arsewhipe Thomson!

At least it hasn't cost us our captain for the rest of the season.

Good news that having a big fresh air swipe at the ball 3 feet to the right of an opponent is just a booking.

Not sure how players now tackle and avoid further bookings inside this 3 foot exclusion zone unless maybe SPL can be revolutionary and move to some sort of tag football arrangement where players wear fabric tags and grabbing one means they have to surrender possession of the ball.

Indeed, I also fail to see how the fresh air swipe at the ball three feet away from the opponent could be regarded as "recklessly dangerous play".