The Jim Goodwin Thread

Goodwin does do some really stupid things at times, but you'd need to see this from other angles to see if he did actually elbow the guy. Camera angles can be misleading.

yes i would like to see another angle, because the boys head does not move - as you would expect,when struck by a forearm, and i do not think madden would let him away with it, he had a clear view of the incident

yes i would like to see another angle, because the boys head does not move - as you would expect,when struck by a forearm, and i do not think madden would let him away with it, he had a clear view of the incident

It does move on impact and you can see Madden trying to adjust his body to see past Newton at the time...

Specsavers for you....

Edited by davidg

Goodwin does do some really stupid things at times, but you'd need to see this from other angles to see if he did actually elbow the guy. Camera angles can be misleading.

its plain to see though that he goes into the boy swinging his elbow though, wouldn't surprise me if he missed...

It's also important to note that the Utd boy hold his face and then reaches round to grab the back of his head. Either Goodwins forearm can bend to a right angle or he made a meal of it.

There's nothing important to note about that at all.

His left hand holds the area under his ear/back of head and his right hand goes up towards his face. Natural reaction to pain, you see it all the time.

Players lie on the ground with broken legs but hold their hands up by their face.....

This isn't an isolated incident, it's every week. He's a total liability.

Last week it was his passing that put us in all sorts of trouble, previous weeks it's reckless tackles/passing and assaults. 2-1 up against Ross County and he's punching the ball in injury time inside our penalty box.

We need someone to play messy and break up play but we also need them to have a cool head, it's hardly the actions I'd be looking for from our club captain.

Edited by davidg

His left hand holds the area under his ear/back of head and his right hand goes up towards his face. Natural reaction to pain, you see it all the time.

Players lie on the ground with broken legs but hold their hands up by their face.....

No he didn't. He's laying down with an arm across his face and then decides that it's the back of head that's sore instead.

If it's not isolated then I assume you'll be able to name all the red cards he's had for them?

No he didn't. He's laying down with an arm across his face and then decides that it's the back of head that's sore instead.

Correct.

Any contact was minimal and Armstrong is clued up enough to know that rolling about a bit in apparent agony will increase the chances of an opposing player getting booked.

However, the intent was there and that's a punishable offence, as far as I'm aware.

Watch it again, in slow motion.

BOTH his hands are over the same spot on the back of his head towards the left side. At the 14 second mark his right hand moves away and onto the ground.

How anyone can try and defend this is beyond me. It's a dreadful assault on the United player.

Correct.

Any contact was minimal and Armstrong is clued up enough to know that rolling about a bit in apparent agony will increase the chances of an opposing player getting booked.

However, the intent was there and that's a punishable offence, as far as I'm aware.

Incorrect.

Last week it was his passing that put us in all sorts of trouble, previous weeks it's reckless tackles/passing and assaults. 2-1 up against Ross County and he's punching the ball in injury time inside our penalty box.

We need someone to play messy and break up play but we also need them to have a cool head, it's hardly the actions I'd be looking for from our club captain.

I disagree, Aber was a fantastic captain for us and he was much tougher than Goody. Remember Roy Keane?

You need your captain to show a bit of steel and get in about it.

Watch it again, in slow motion.

BOTH his hands are over the same spot on the back of his head towards the left side. At the 14 second mark his right hand moves away and onto the ground.

How anyone can try and defend this is beyond me. It's a dreadful assault on the United player.

His right arm is across his face. He takes it away and starts rubbing the back of his head with the left.

I'm not defending the intent to do the Utd boy (which was clear), I'm saying the Utd boy made a rip roaring c**t of it when there was minimal contact at best. As has been mentioned, Thompson got booked for complaining about an elbow.....30 seconds later Madden tells him to go off because he's bleeding. Both clear elbows, except one actually landed, the other grazes him at best.

cant believe St Mirren fans are having a go at jim the only ones to cause injury where united thommos cut came from shocking elbow which madden stood and looked at then booked thommo and told him to go off and get his damage repaired all you feckin dogooders remember this when thommo and jim are suspended and the utd thug is running out for his team

looks like the guy got the elbow on or near the jaw with thee upper arm/shoulder catching him behind the ear. there is a snap to the movement that indicates goodwin was more interested in hurting than distracting the player

not good, but he got away this time-next time will be karma and he will get sent off for bugger all

_71968293_9151842.jpg

I think we can safely judge that contact was made to both the front and the back of the head on this occasion, or does anyone need to see a better angle

Edited by beyond our ken

IMO this is a deliberate attempt by Dundee Utd to get Goodwin a ban through the SFA compliance officer Vincent Lunny.

It could be argued that Dundee Utd are bringing the game into disrepute by this trial by TV.

So I would suggest if we are to go down this route that Casper is banned for 3 matches and Dundee Utd are kicked out of the Scottish Cup.

It sets a dangerous precedent if teams can use video evidence of this nature to challenge the authority of the match officials.

Does anyone still have the VHS tape of Darren Jackson trying to kill Les Fridge?

My thoughts exactly.

For them to initiate trial by tv to defend theit managers outburst is a case of two wrongs lacking in class.

Lunny would have picked up on it anyway as Jim is on his lidt of "favourites"!

Agreed you can not see any contact from the film and it looked to me as if he's turning away from Armstrong who runs right into him. Interesting that DUFC can only find the one angle of the incident.