Dome Damaged In The Storm

div

Seems whoever sent the initial text this morning was a bit over dramatic !

Brian has contact me and advised of the situation.

The emergency doors had blown in overnight, which of course caused the air to escape and the Dome deflated.

The structure of the Dome itself is fine.

There are contractors there at the moment working to repair the doors and then it should just be a case of re-inflating once they have completed their work.

Good stuff !!

Few drama queens at this time of year.

Speaking to the guy who installed the dome, He said in high winds it would deflate for safety reasons, Until we get more info no need for the doom merchants to panic.

That would have sounded so much more authoritative coming from almost anyone else after your nappy filling posts before the season even started.

There are contractors there at the moment working to repair the doors and then it should just be a case of re-inflating once they have completed their work.

I know a great source of hot air for that.

He'll be able to connect the necessary pipe to his cakehole.

Assuming it gets used for 3 hours a day (conservative estimate), at £70/hour, used 5 days a week (conservative estimate) for 46 weeks of the year (conservative estimate), it should add approx £50k p/a to the clubs turnover.

Edited by BLF

How is it a waste of money? It is used every night of the week and takes in £70 for each hour it's booked out. Its also one of the best indoor 7 aside parks in the west of scotland.

Not to mention the health benefit opportunities it offers to the local community something that will be alien to Mr Dickson !

I heard that the Scottish Government are so impressed by St Mirren in the Community programmed that they are not only going to pay for any damage to the existing structure, but they are also going to 100% fund a completely new dome.

The new dome will be significantly bigger. Likely to be the biggest ever built in the world. It is so big they reckon it will be seen from outer space.

Actually I just made that up. Very similar to Dicko's posts. I just wondered what it felt like to write pish like WHAT he does.

Corrected that so Ernie (SD) Wise would understand.lol.gif