Dome Damaged In The Storm

div

If St Mirren are charging local youth football teams £70 per hour to use a 7-a-side pitch where the largest section of funding came from the SFP then I am absolutely disgusted and it proves me even more correct about my assertions about the SFP. It would also prove beyond all doubt that St Mirren are anything but a Community Club.

As a comparison Wishaw Wycombe could hire Ravenscraigs full size FIFA compliant indoor football pitch and stands for £60 for a two hour match day slot at the weekend. Thank f**k that facility isn't privately owned by a "community" football club :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

If St Mirren are charging local youth football teams £70 per hour to use a 7-a-side pitch where the largest section of funding came from the SFP then I am absolutely disgusted and it proves me even more correct about my assertions about the SFP. It would also prove beyond all doubt that St Mirren are anything but a Community Club.

As a comparison Wishaw Wycombe could hire Ravenscraigs full size FIFA compliant indoor football pitch and stands for £60 for a two hour match day slot at the weekend. Thank f**k that facility isn't privately owned by a "community" football club rolleyes.gif

Really £60 for 2 hours at peak time

Really £60 for 2 hours at peak time

Only for a youth match. For training it is much more than that.

http://www.nlleisure.co.uk/sport/football/where-and-costs/

Typical Dickson trying to spin things.

Having said that £70 per hour for a 7-a-side sized pitch is very steep.

I used to hire full sized 3G turf pitches all over the country and the most I ever had to pay was about £80 for the full pitch per hour at Perth and Stenhousemuir.

Mind you, if they are filling that pitch at that price then it's hard to knock them.

Taking £5 an hour from kids seems unfair.

A mate of mine is a coach of a local youth team, i can assure that they are not paying that. The figure quoted to me was nearer half that because they use it for training rather than a game.

So what you are saying is, and I can't believe this can be true, that Dickson is talking shite?

The crap I'm getting over here about 'our tent' blowing down is unbelievable. Even buying my paper this morning the Celtic fan serving me was taking the piss. All I could say in reply was that his team's f***ing fans caused more damage at Fir Park. Bassas.

The crap I'm getting over here about 'our tent' blowing down is unbelievable. Even buying my paper this morning the Celtic fan serving me was taking the piss. All I could say in reply was that his team's f***ing fans caused more damage at Fir Park. Bassas.

Remember their ground had bits falling off it because of the wind against ICT years ago

Only for a youth match. For training it is much more than that.

http://www.nlleisure.co.uk/sport/football/where-and-costs/

Typical Dickson trying to spin things.

Having said that £70 per hour for a 7-a-side sized pitch is very steep.

I used to hire full sized 3G turf pitches all over the country and the most I ever had to pay was about £80 for the full pitch per hour at Perth and Stenhousemuir.

Mind you, if they are filling that pitch at that price then it's hard to knock them.

Taking £5 an hour from kids seems unfair.

The outside 3g 7-a- side parks at Ravenscraig which cope with all weather down to - 6C is £15 per hour. Indoor the park is generally split into fours but we've played there on Friday nights when needing a floodlight midweek venue and the indoor pitch was still much less than £70 per hour.

The SFP have pissed away tax payers money on a poor value vanity project. They should be called to account

The outside 3g 7-a- side parks at Ravenscraig which cope with all weather down to - 6C is £15 per hour. Indoor the park is generally split into fours but we've played there on Friday nights when needing a floodlight midweek venue and the indoor pitch was still much less than £70 per hour.

The SFP have pissed away tax payers money on a poor value vanity project. They should be called to account

Presumably Ravenscraig are subsidised by ratepayers and will also qualify for grants. I see they don't pay VAT.

Presumably Ravenscraig are subsidised by ratepayers and will also qualify for grants. I see they don't pay VAT.

North Lanarkshire Leisure hold Trust status. It's neither subsidised by council tax payers, nor does profits find it's way back into the council purse. The building of Ravenscraig was indeed subsidised by grants from the National Lottery, Sports Scotland and from the Scottish Government but Ravenscraig and Toryglen are exactly the type of projects that the Scottish Government and the SFP should be putting money into. The idea that they subsidised the building of a tent over a seven a side football pitch so a private company can charge £70 per hour to use it is an absolute joke!

North Lanarkshire Leisure hold Trust status. It's neither subsidised by council tax payers, nor does profits find it's way back into the council purse. The building of Ravenscraig was indeed subsidised by grants from the National Lottery, Sports Scotland and from the Scottish Government but Ravenscraig and Toryglen are exactly the type of projects that the Scottish Government and the SFP should be putting money into. The idea that they subsidised the building of a tent over a seven a side football pitch so a private company can charge £70 per hour to use it is an absolute joke!

Bulls--t! There isn't a government or council run sports or leisure facility in the whole of Scotland that is self-financing. And who is going to pay the repairs to the building when it starts to need major re-furbishment work. Certainly not the £60 charges for 2 hours rental. Let's see the accounts of North Lanarkshire Leisure Trust!

Sorry to try and steer the conversation away from the Stu (I apparently have no interest in St Mirren but I cannot stay off this forum and I cannot help but post about them constantly) Dickson but does anyone have any news on exactly when we can expect to see this wonderful facility repaired and back in use?

I would also be interested to know exactly what the catastrophic failure in the domes structure was and what has been done to remedy the situation.

Obviously my footballing days are somewhat behind me but I maintain a keen interest in all things St Mirren professional football club pte ltd co and I hope to see the dome rise like a phoenix from the puddle of water on plastic that it is currently. The benefits are there to see on this very forum for I shortly beforehand read a post on another thread on this fine forum to the effect that the black and white army 5 a sides players have, through use of the facility bonded through football and become friends to the extent that Christmas nights out are being enjoyed.

Unlike the poster who has tried to hijack the thread into his (I am assuming the poster behind the forum identity is male) usual negative nonsense I will not lie to you all but tell you that I am indeed a genuine St Mirren supporter and rather than deny it I am happy to shout it from the rooftops.

Edited by TediousTom

Bulls--t! There isn't a government or council run sports or leisure facility in the whole of Scotland that is self-financing. And who is going to pay the repairs to the building when it starts to need major re-furbishment work. Certainly not the £60 charges for 2 hours rental. Let's see the accounts of North Lanarkshire Leisure Trust!

Sally, I was told by heads of department at NLL and NLC that NLL was now self financing. Now I don't have accounts or further details but I don't particularly see it is relevant anyway. The fact remains that clubs like Wishaw Wycombe can book world class footballing facilities in Scotland for a great deal less than St Mirren are reportedly charging to play on a seven-a-side pitch under a tent.

£70 per hour for a seven-a-side pitch is an utter nonsense. It's blatant profiteering at the communities expense under the auspices of St Mirren being a "community" club. I'd have had little objection to this silly vanity project if St Mirren had been using their own cash but instead they've taken tax payers money and they've suckered SMiSA members into lending them money on a facility that can't withstand some wind! t's a poor show all round!

Without a doubt true. Who built and paid for the building? North Lanarkshire Leisure Trust? Bollocks. St.Mirren I think got a grant of £50K. I bet the director/manager/heid bummer of the Ravenscraig Centre has an annual salary greater than that.

Without a doubt true. Who built and paid for the building? North Lanarkshire Leisure Trust? Bollocks. St.Mirren I think got a grant of £50K. I bet the director/manager/heid bummer of the Ravenscraig Centre has an annual salary greater than that.

I've said already Ravenscraig was built with funding from the Scottish Government, National Lottery and from Sports Scotland. I'm not trying to hide anything RIck. It cost something like £30m to build. Despite that though, and despite the fact that it is a world class facility that won't blow away in the wind, it still only costs £60 for a 2 hour FULL 11-a-side indoor pitch let on a Saturday or a Sunday - and it is still hugely cheaper and better than the vanity dome at Greenhill Road.

St Mirren shouldn't have received the grant. The club is a private business operating for profit to the benefit of a handful of shareholders. If the £70 per hour figure is indeed correct then it's shameful and the club have a cheek claiming it's a community club.