Marching In Video From 1991

div

The start of segregation was well before my time then. I'll need to ask but I think my first games were in 88, but vague memories of Gunni goals may be my first Love Street footballing memories.

I do remember running about the East Terracing and the grass embankment leading up to the terracing from a younger age.

I suppose for you guys who experienced Love Street with those crowds it must have been great in the late 70s and early to mid 80s.

Although I loved the terracing the 90s in footballing terms were tough. I remember a protest after a ?5-1 defeat to St.Johnstone I think...a day with severe hail stones and being allowed into the North Bank for cover and numerous other snippets of things like a Chic Charnley penalty miss vs Partick Thistle all from the early 90s watching from Cairter's Corner (I hope that's right) the footballing memories then get a lot clearer.

Sadly crowd-wise pre PDE stand the busiest I saw the ground was an Arthurlie - Glenafton Semi final in the OVD cup.

I don't remember Kilbowie being all-seater though. Was it seating as in benches without a back like Cappielow?

Has first St.Mirren memory been a topic on here just as a quick thought?

Still I do miss Love Street but our new ground will already be all the memories some young fans have. Filling it to capacity and creating a great atmosphere more often than not will hopefully come some time soon!

Edited by Bart Simpson