Centre Half Pairing

Very little between the 3 of them. I do think McGregor is slightly stronger when we have set pieces, I'd be inclined to say it was McGregor plus either one of the other 2.

Yeah, very little between then so I doubt we would see much of a upturn/downturn whatever the pairing may be.

I guess Cheesy and McGregor would be a little more long term because of their ages and I don't see Mair remaining at the club next season.

Cheesy has been excellent of late but he did have a nightmare yesterday, it has to be said. However, there are always going to be mistakes in our defence from time to time.

Still think him and McGregor are our best defensive pairing though. Mair is an excellent option to have as back-up.

Cheesy has been excellent of late but he did have a nightmare yesterday, it has to be said. However, there are always going to be mistakes in our defence from time to time.

Still think him and McGregor are our best defensive pairing though. Mair is an excellent option to have as back-up.

I would hardly say Mair is an excellent option, average option at best ffs!

The three are in pretty decent form this season. mcgregors better in aerial attack and mair can pick a pass, cheesy is good at getting forward. Didn't like how cheesy automatically got his place back after his injury though, mair had been playing superbly!

With Naismiths performances on the wing im actually disgusted in people touting him as a centre half!

Edited by Herdo

The three are in pretty decent form this season. mcgregors better in aerial attack and mair can pick a pass, cheesy is good at getting forward. Didn't like how cheesy automatically got his place back after his injury though, mair had been playing superbly!

With Naismiths performances on the wing im actually disgusted in people touting him as a centre half!

I believe like a lot of other people that Naismith will become a centre half for us as that is his natural position.

I believe like a lot of other people that Naismith will become a centre half for us as that is his natural position.

He doesn't look out of place on the wing though, id rather stick with the centre halves we have and keep him where he is than play DVZ. with the current squad I doubt hell ever play at centre half and I also think he may not be with us that long if he keeps up with recent performances

Its like the year we played barron at left back, he looked competent there, Naismith looks natural on the right

Edited by Herdo

Cheesy is very much like John Potter. JP strolled through games but when he made a mistake it normally cost us.

I have always said I prefer the Mair and McGregor partnership but Cheesy has been solid from what I have seen of him this calendar year. He has improved so much even from the 11/12 season.

We just need to write off this game and get behind him and the team at Motherwell.

Only takes one bad game and the cheesy bashing begins again.

I'm a massive supporter of Cheesy but I think Mair should come in for the next game. From what I saw of the highlights, Cheesy was awful on Saturday. That's the way it should work and Mair hardly put a foot wrong when Mark was injured.

Yep dilo was doing fine till his injury kello has made a good few mistakes.

You not agree if someone has an absolute howler of a game and there is a more than able replacement on the bench he should get a chance to earn his place in the starting 11?

Not for one bad game.

Cheesy has been a key part of our good run of form of late (As has Kello) He had an absolute stinker on saturday but i dont think you should drop ANY player on the strength of one bad game. If that was the plan , you`d have a different starting eleven every week , constant changes in team line-up would be detrimental to the team

Not for one bad game.

Cheesy has been a key part of our good run of form of late (As has Kello) He had an absolute stinker on saturday but i dont think you should drop ANY player on the strength of one bad game. If that was the plan , you`d have a different starting eleven every week , constant changes in team line-up would be detrimental to the team

So mair was right to be dropped? Wasn't injured was a key part to our season changing for the good.

You could also say cheesy was a key part in our horrific start to the season it was him and goody at cb.

I like cheesy but as I say if anyone has that bad a game and if there is a more than able replacement then he should get a shot to earn his place.