The Official Smfc Annual Review Thread 2013

Drew

Now, I understand that people will struggle to identify any highlights (and lowlights elvis, I haven't forgotten about you) from 2013, but as we approach the year end, it is worth racking our collective brains.

Help me out here folks, were there any stand-out moments?

I've opened this thread to afford everyone the opportunity to reflect on the calendar year soon to expire. What are your highlights (come on....there must be something!), and the low points? Most memorable images must also feature too surely, and even the odd bit of BBC commentary....

So, share you memories and thoughts on all things surrounding the best club in the world as we bid farewell to 2013. Post the Youtube links, songs, phone footage of professional footballers indulging in dance moves that resemble a major seizure, and forum quotes.

I cannae wait!

No worries Drew....

I knew there was something!!!

Excellent way to kick off the thread.

The most frustrating scenario of the year for me, was when I sat in the car listening to the lunchtime news/current affairs prgramme on Radio Shortbread a couple of months ago.

The host, (big) John Beattie, was interviewing Liam McLeod about his career as a sports commentator, and sports commentary in general. He asked the listeners to text or email in with their all-time commentary highlights, and I instinctively reached for my phone to text a response. You'll not be surpised to hear that the aforementioned Mr McLeod featured, and I actually had two unforgettable snippets to offer.

Snippet #1: "...absolutely stunning at Hampden!"

Snippet #2: "NEWTONNNNNNNNN!!!"

I'd left my phone in the office.....

For me there's only one obvious highlight. The recent 0-0 with Caley Thistle at Greenhill Rd, 46minutes after kick-off I got up, went for a pee and then to the pie stand and was back in my seat before the start of the second half, magnificent. Much better than that day at Hampden when I missed Thommo's goal because I was stuck in the queue for a Bovril.

Edited by 2becks

For there's only one obvious highlight. The recent 0-0 with Caley Thistle at Greenhill Rd, 46minutes after kick-off I got up, went for a pee and then to the pie stand and was back in my seat before the start of the second half, magnificent. Much better than that day at Hampden when I missed Thommo's goal because I was stuck in the queue for a Bovril.

I missed Isma's equaliser.

In the lavvy.

FFS.

The highlight of my year was 5 min and 6 sec into that video, when I finally married up Thommo' striking his goal with Angus Young hitting the final power chord in 'Thunderstruck'. FS and his BBC experts would probably piss themselves laughing at how easy it is, but it took me an age to get it, without messing the rest of it up.

Amateur hour. 1eye.gif

Edited by pozbaird

For me there's only one obvious highlight. The recent 0-0 with Caley Thistle at Greenhill Rd, 46minutes after kick-off I got up, went for a pee and then to the pie stand and was back in my seat before the start of the second half, magnificent. Much better than that day at Hampden when I missed Thommo's goal because I was stuck in the queue for a Bovril.

I feel your pain. Same happened to me. Please accept this fact as my lowlight addition to this thread.....

OK.

Some Buddies know this.

I had huge surgery at the end of Feb.

Was f**ked in jan but Samson's save on my laptop lifted me out of a rather bleak hole,

Then in march, the same laptop provided a mega boost to my recovery.

I WISNAE THERE. :(

Eta: and I'd bet even faraway saint made it to that one. :(. :(

Eta. Again

I meant to say: this was a lowlight for me.

Eta again again.

I dedicate this one to elvis

Edited by bluto

I missed Isma's equaliser.

In the lavvy.

FFS.

Same here Drew, standing having a slash. I didnt see you in there.

When I heard the crowd roar, I immediately thought "Fcuk! 2 nil". Understandable after the way we started the game. My daughter Emma was waiting outside and when I came out she was shouting "I think we scored!"

We ran up the stairs and saw the celebrating Buddies and then watched the replay on the TV screen.

Might not seem much but its a moment I remember fondly from the day, not being in the toilet with Drew but going from thinking it was 2 nil to us equalising.

Good thread.