Rate The 2013 Summer Transfer Window

Lex

My main issue was his inability to have secured a second striker before going into the season.

Thommo's goals to game ratio is arguably his best of his career. Despite a slow start this season and a goal drought he continues to deliver.

We still do not have any experienced backup for Thommohawk and that is a massive oversight by the manager who paid off players before having secured replacements.

Worst case we might have to move McGregor up front!!!!

To be fair to him, he signed Bahoken, he was the second striker.

He was meant to be the ' player we were waiting for ' and the club had apparently been tracking him for a good while...

And if you add in the other horrendous mistake Danny did, and that was signing 2 Goalkeepers and actually thinking that Cornell was the better keeper which even Stevie Wonder could tell he wasn't. I would like to think that big Mathers must have told him this and blattantly refused his imput!!!!!!!

It was Mathers who made the call to sign Cornell. I believe it was on the back of meeting the Swansea goalkeeping coach at a seminar.

And good luck in the future. You leave the club as a cup winning legend, unfortunately it never worked out from there.

Post your favourite memories of the Danny Lennon era here.is failing

This (posted on 31st Aug) in case anyone can't see that the vast majority of Lex's threads are aimed at undermining the manager.

He tries, and fails, to raise subjects that, on the surface are decent but I'm afraid he can't be taken seriously as he's always got an angle.

He has the audacity to insult people by saying his threads don't mention the manager, dear oh dear. 1eye.gif

Good luck in the future Lex, try to recapture that part of supporting St Mirren includes the manager.

Post your favourite memories of Lex here, maybe that would be a good thread. lol.gif

I think you are being a wee bit harsh here Lex. Some have not worked out and some have. Like everyone I am disappointed about attacking options but at least we didnt waste £200K like Hibs. Few Clubs have had all their signings end up in the first team. And look where Ross County's many new signings have got them. And Dundee United are allegedly paying Goodwillie £6k a week and he can't get in their team. Killie have a bunch of Nigerians in their reserves. Many Celtic signings are on their bench.

McGowan was out of contract and could have signed anywhere. Effectively a new signing. Newton had other options allegedly but signed on with us. Danny realised his mistake with Cornell and fixed it - that should be congratulated. Dilo looks good. Isma recommended Bahoken - obviously didn't work out. Grainger had people happy about the signing and I think we are all disappointed with him but I don't remember howls of protest at the time. Harkins may still work out for us.

Danny made mistakes but he also made good judgements and learns from his mistakes. Think he should be cut a bit more slack considering where we are at the moment. No manager gets it right every time.

Harkins will get his chance and will be a good player for us perfect replacements for McGowan should he go to the clink or gets injured. McLean could go he can play there or mcginns position should he go.

Grainger will get his chance as well young players often lose some of there form and struggle towards the end of the season Grainger perfect replacement.

Caprice can't call him a fail as he has had no game time the reason for this young kellys form has been outstanding.

Dillo looks to be a great young keeper needs games but there's time on his contract for that.

Add to these players Newton Kello to that I don't think he's done that bad. Cornell and bankonen were honking and were failures. With January coming up Campbell coming in and if we can tie kelo we should be ok

I think you are being a wee bit harsh here Lex. Some have not worked out and some have. Like everyone I am disappointed about attacking options but at least we didnt waste £200K like Hibs. Few Clubs have had all their signings end up in the first team. And look where Ross County's many new signings have got them. And Dundee United are allegedly paying Goodwillie £6k a week and he can't get in their team. Killie have a bunch of Nigerians in their reserves. Many Celtic signings are on their bench.

McGowan was out of contract and could have signed anywhere. Effectively a new signing. Newton had other options allegedly but signed on with us. Danny realised his mistake with Cornell and fixed it - that should be congratulated. Dilo looks good. Isma recommended Bahoken - obviously didn't work out. Grainger had people happy about the signing and I think we are all disappointed with him but I don't remember howls of protest at the time. Harkins may still work out for us.

Danny made mistakes but he also made good judgements and learns from his mistakes. Think he should be cut a bit more slack considering where we are at the moment. No manager gets it right every time.

Some have worked out and some haven't? Well, i've listed them all and i believe 6 haven't worked out and 1 has. The 1 that has is our current sub keeper. Do you disagree with any of the OP?

Also if you want to list players that were playing for us last season as new signings then you obviously have a different understanding of the term ' new signing ' than i do.

He signed him on the 31st August by which stage we were floundering in the league and dumped out the LC at the first attempt. My issue is that he should have been signed up before the squad went away on pre-season training.

DL had never seen this Bahookie play aside videos and we all know how they can be made to look good for the agents representing the players.

Not the first time that Danny has made mistakes signing players on video evidence. Gary Brady? There were others too when he first came in.

Why he signed Caprice who has still yet to start a senior game in the UK. 8 sub appearances for Dagenham and Redbridge before he signed tells its own story.

Sure they had him in to have an extended look at him, but I'd rather we had promoted one of the U19s. Maybe he will surprise us, but I have my doubts.

I just hope that if Adam Campbell does sign he lives up to the expectations and provides Goals Goals Goals enroute to another Scottish Cup triumph.

Too many of DL's summer signings have been poor.

We are still paying part of Bahookies wages. The club is hopeful he signs for another team in January so that it frees up some dosh.

Many good points there. The club had a disastrous window and it directly resulted in the club being punted out our cup competition at the first hurdle and having our worst start to a league campaign for nearly a century.

Only when Danny started dropping his summer signings did fortunes turn around.

I said joined the football club for the first time. Could certainly throw Conor in there if you like, but he wasn't really a new signing.

He was part of the relatively successful January window which included Isma and himself. Let's hope we have a similarly successful January this time around.

Relatively successful?. Sounds like a really good one to me. If we got a forward of Isma's quality in this time top six would be a decent possibility, Danny's played the loan market well on the whole with the funds he has. Permanent signings pretty awful recently no question.

My thoughts were that Danny wanted to go with youth, but a few bad results and a lot of pressure from boo boys forced him into a few panic signings, whereas we've actually, more recently, seen the benefits of Danny's plans. I think re the Harkins signing everyone other than Lex thought he would have been an able replacement for Gowser, not many questioned Graingers signing and 2 keepers were required, while Dilo is better than Cornell I don't think Cornell was as bad as many made out. Credit Danny with acting quickly and bringing in Kello. Caprice and Bahoken are total failures I agree but as mentioned earlier were both panic buys. The boy Kealan Dillon was a gamble that didn't pay off, let go by a club that plays at a higher level that could well have thought 'shit' I should take my chance here however he didn't.

I just wish Danny had been stronger in the face of pressure and stuck with the youth as he'd originally planned. Just my opinion.

Lex is right none of the new signings this summer have been successes (so far) and two have left already but as many people have spotted it's a bit of a contrived definition.

What really matters is that after a bad start to the season the sight of his P45 appearing on the horizon forced DL to listen to the "voices of reason" on this forum and make some overdue changes that improved results. I'm a bit dannysceptical myself and I reckon he'll always have an inclination towards playing football "the right way" wink.png but he's got till the end of the season to impress the BoD and earn himself a new contract so let's hope the good form since his epiphany continues.

Edited by Bud the Baker

show a quote !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23895321

St Mirren have completed the season-long loan signing of French-Cameroonian striker Stephane Bahoken from Ligue 1 club Nice.

The 21-year-old arrived on Friday and could feature against Partick Thistle.

St Mirren manager Danny Lennon said: "He's made 16 appearances for Nice, got two goals. He's the one we've been waiting for, but I believe he's been worth the wait.

show a quote !!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's another Danny quote referring to Bahoken from the article BTB posted for you:

"We've identified the right one who'll give us exactly what we need."

Lex....ask santa for a life

These two posts are why you shouldn't post drunk folks.

Here's another Danny quote referring to Bahoken from the article BTB posted for you:

And I could point you to a whole series of your own posts which show what happens when you post on an empty brain.

This thread is another classic.

Danny is staying Lex.

The board didn't listen to you.

Live with it.

Accept it.

Move on with your life.

And I could point you to a whole series of your own posts which show what happens when you post on an empty brain.

This thread is another classic.

Danny is staying Lex.

The board didn't listen to you.

Live with it.

Accept it.

Move on with your life.

You're up late auld yin.

Get.

Your.

Horlicks.

And.

Go.

To.

Bed.

Asking for a quote as proof is not a drunken question

drunk or not, your inane Danny bashing is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asking for a quote as proof is not a drunken question

drunk or not, your inane Danny bashing is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't agree it's boring, he puts an incredible amount of time & effort into these posts.

He also tries, and fails for the majority, to disguise these as sensible points.

No, not boring, entertaining and amusing, possibly verging on desperate at times and certainly consistent.

I don't agree it's boring, he puts an incredible amount of time & effort into these posts.

He also tries, and fails for the majority, to disguise these as sensible points.

No, not boring, entertaining and amusing, possibly verging on desperate at times and certainly consistent.

Enough about your posts.

Do you actually have an opinion on the summer transfer window or is abuse and smillies all you can manage? :lol:

It was Mathers who made the call to sign Cornell. I believe it was on the back of meeting the Swansea goalkeeping coach at a seminar.

It just goes to show the level of childishness that goes on when this reply gets a like from Faraway saint. Mathers may well have made the CALL to get Cornell in but once he was in, it not only should have been made clear that this signing was a mistake in trainng, but also in all the pre-season games. Why he started as 1st choice is not only beyond me but should be beyond everyone also.

It just goes to show the level of childishness that goes on when this reply gets a like from Faraway saint. Mathers may well have made the CALL to get Cornell in but once he was in, it not only should have been made clear that this signing was a mistake in trainng, but also in all the pre-season games. Why he started as 1st choice is not only beyond me but should be beyond everyone also.

When did he last play? October? Looks to me that they gave him a chance and punted him.