Garry Kenneth Free Agent

I see Garry Kenneth is currently on trial with Ross County.

I know the big man is not a world beater but if he could recapture some of the form that got him a Scotland call up he could be a decent shout for us. We need a big strong, powerful centre half. Neither mcausland or mair are that and we have been crying out for a dominant type of defender to partner mcgregor for a long time now.

Thoughts?

so that's the end of that

garry kenneth is not coming to saint mirren

Pretty much. I don't expect him ever to wear a Saints shirt.

Funnily enough I was talking about Kenneth with a colleague that supports United, he said his only good season came when he played next to Webster. When Webster left he was poor.

As our defence has been a constant thorn a FIT Garry Kenneth could have been a decent addition but it seems his recent injuries are an issue. This would be a deal breaker for any interested club.

163 games for Dundee Utd, capped for Scotland fro U19 to full International level.

Has he upset some of our fans to write him off? blink.png

PS He's only 26, a good age for a defender.

Edited by faraway saint

As our defence has been a constant thorn a FIT Garry Kenneth could have been a decent addition but it seems his recent injuries are an issue. This would be a deal breaker for any interested club.

163 games for Dundee Utd, capped for Scotland fro U19 to full International level.

Has he upset some of our fans to write him off? blink.png

PS He's only 26, a good age for a defender.

He is affordable and the type of player in our wage budget. He is a no nonsense centre half and better than Mair IMO

FFS, I can't believe I agree with this pair!

Jens Paeslack had a German under 21 cap.

Sergi Baltacha had a few games for Scotland under 21's.

Playing for a National team at Under 21 level doesn't mean jack. Nor is it a sign the Kenneth is a good player. Which he isn't.

Suppose your opinion means he isn't a good player then, thanks.1eye.gif

Close the thread. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Large numbers of football fans are stupid. Some are very stupid.

A good gauge of the very stupid is by reading the posts of the Garry Kenneth critics on this thread...

Ok i`m sorry. Garry Kenneth is a world class player who is simply misunderstood by all the football experts & he chose to play in the Fourth tier of English football (the bottom half of it ,i might add)

He will , im sure, be on the radar of La Liga teams.

Ok i`m sorry. Garry Kenneth is a world class player who is simply misunderstood by all the football experts & he chose to play in the Fourth tier of English football (the bottom half of it ,i might add)

He will , im sure, be on the radar of La Liga teams.

You're stupid, seemingly. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Never really noticed but, come to think of it........................rolleyes.gif

This is the type of player we should be going after. He would improve the squad.

He is solid enough for the level we are at, knows the SPL inside out and won't cost any money. He will dominate strikers, doesn't mind putting it about.

Seriously who do people think we should be going after? We are a bottom 6 SPL team, we don't have the right to be turning our nose up at players like Kenneth.

Goodwin isn't a defender and Mair won't be here for much longer. Long term Naismith will move to cb but we need to sort out our defence its been a problem since Danny has took over.

Good question. I can't believe the slagging some players get on here when anyone suggests them as a potential signing.

So you would prefer it if we dont fancy a player just to shut up ?

We all have views on players abilities or suitability for our club and surely a fans forum is the place to air our opinions .