Darren Mcgregor

I thought he was outstanding again today. He really is the best centre half at the club in a long time. He's been out for almost 2 years with two horrendous knee injuries and has bounced back quicker and stronger than before he picked up any of these injuries.

When is his contract up? Give him another!

Thoughts?

Edited by Lanarkshire_Bud

To be honest, half the tie I watch him he'll have the ball facing his own goal and goes to turn around and I think "aw shite"....he usually skins the oncoming striker and plays the ball out as cool as you like. He's a proper ball playing centre half, hard in the tackle, quick, strong and positionally sound. He's some man.cloud9.gif

I have nothing but respect and admiration for the way in that he's conducted himself. Never complained through two potentially career threatening injuries, and just got his head down and worked tirelessly to come back and be a success and re-establish himself in the team again.

What a guy and what a shining example to any player old and young that you should never give up, even when all seems lost.

Huge credit to Darren for recovering so well from 2 horrible years. He seems like a decent lad and whilst I wouldn't grudge him a move to a bigger team, I think he'll show some loyalty to us. Danny plucked him from Cowdenbeath and brought him into full time football and the club stuck by him through his legal issues and 2 horrible injuries.

I really like Darren McGregor. Good awareness for a centre half and can read the game well. A terrific athlete and offers the pace at centre back that Mair and cheesey don't have.

I also think he will show loyalty to the club if offered reasonable terms. I hope the club do and stays for a few more years yet.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but he,s off pre contract

Sorry to be the bearer of even worse news, but you're full of shite.

If anyone has spoken to him about a pre-contract, then we're liable to take them to every single governing body, seeing as no club is allowed to approach any out of contact player until 6 months before contract runs out. Which in Scotland would mean January 1st, IIRC.

Don't agree with Mr Zo here, (sorry) but I think he really needs to work on his positional sense. He's regularly caught between attackers when the ball is played into the box and regularly 5 yards deeper than the rest of the back 4 playing someone onside.

He's getting back to his old self though which is great and I hope he keeps getting better every week as he's been doing.

Hard work and determination has paid off for him.

There's people mentioning that he'll "show some loyalty" to us but I would expect him to sign for whoever offers him most money. We were lucky to get Thompson and to a lesser extent Teale on sweetheart deals but they both had much more lucrative careers.

He's a good player and I'd like to see him stay but you can't ignore his age (28 now) and injury record. Danny Lennon brought him to the club and I'm sure he'll make every effort to keep him but I always find it's best not to get too attached to individual players.