Telly Programmes

shull

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

All Round to Mrs Browns.................................

I'd seen the adverts a few weeks ago and wasn't convinced the new format would work.

I was mistaken, watched the first 3 episodes last night, overall takes the whole show up a notch or two, except the "vicars message" part close to the end which is painfully unfunny.

The guests, overall, so far have been very good.

Roll on next Saturday. :clapping

Could do without the cooking bit too, but otherwise it's highly amusing.

Although, having just read your posts, I see you are in favour of the cooking slot.

Be far better filled with another guest IMO.

Edited by FTOF

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Could do without the cooking bit too, but otherwise it's highly amusing.

Although, having just read your posts, I see you are in favour of the cooking slot.

Be far better filled with another guest IMO.

Aye, the "cooking" item on it's own doesn't add much, I agree, but the guests and audience get hungry so it serves a purpose. :wink:

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Tonight, 9:00pm, Peter Kays Car Share, quality TV.

Seems they are re-running the final two episodes of series 1, followed by the final episode of the new series. The remaining three episodes of series 2 will then be available on the iPlayer immediately afterwards.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Seems they are re-running the final two episodes of series 1, followed by the final episode of the new series. The remaining three episodes of series 2 will then be available on the iPlayer immediately afterwards.

They showed two episodes last night, didn't catch what they were, that was probably the last 2 from s1..

Tonight's is s2e1, not sure about the IPlayer thing although they did discuss this on the radio the other week.

Just enjoy, laugh out loud, as long as St Mirren are winning.

I don't get what's funny about an old guy cross dressing. Watched five minutes of his original show and was bored sh!tless. As for Peter Kay? So unfunny. English humour at it's worst.

That said. each to their own.

I can't comment on the chat show aspect of Mr/s Brown as I have no inkling to watch it.

Edited by stlucifer

Disaster struck in last night's episode of Lucky Man - Spoiler Alert

Spoiler

Harry Clayton (played by the increasingly bizarre looking James Nesbitt died - surely he must live if only to let us enjoy the botox/facelift/hair job.

I will console myself by posting a fotie of Sienna Guillory in her leather gear - Hubba, Hubba! :wub:

th?id=OIP.foVc_7GQxh2AnRpay3SMzADxEs&w=1

PS - Anyone remember her faither Isaac playing the guitar?

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I don't get what's funny about an old guy cross dressing. Watched five minutes of his original show and was bored sh!tless. As for Peter Kay? So unfunny. English humour at it's worst.

That said. each to their own.

I can't comment on the chat show aspect of Mr/s Brown as I have no inkling to watch it.

Thanks for that. :blink:

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier but.........

Broadchurch has been brilliant,really looking forward to it all unravelling tomorrow night.

I don't watch a lot of tele but this one has me hooked.

11 hours ago, HSS said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier but.........

Broadchurch has been brilliant,really looking forward to it all unravelling tomorrow night.

I don't watch a lot of tele but this one has me hooked.

I agree.

was disappointed in the second series, but this one has cracked on.

loving the performances.  Jodie Whittaker playing Beth Latimer is amazing.

liked david Tennant talking to the lads last night. :)

(about time, too!)

i still haven't a clue whodunnit.

And yet....   better, I feel, is Line of Duty.  Loving that....

24 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If you get a chance, watch Colombia with Simon Reeve.

Extremely emotive and thought provoking.

Brings home yet again just how much brutality and suffering some humans are willing to inflict on each other.

Watched it last night, what a mess of a country.

Aye, very interesting right enough.

Peter Kay's new Car Share... the scene where he never knew the cyclist he was having a barney with had filmed it on a helmetcam, and posted the footage on the internet... brilliant!

All Round to Mrs Browns... brilliant. I love the Mrs Browns boxsets and live shows. In my opinion Brendan O'Carroll is a brilliant physical comedian, a sharp writer, and the character is played with a real warmth and a twinkle in his eye. Any time I'm feeling a bit glum, I watch an episode of Mrs Brown's Boys to cheer myself up.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Peter Kay's new Car Share... the scene where he never knew the cyclist he was having a barney with had filmed it on a helmetcam, and posted the footage on the internet... brilliant!

All Round to Mrs Browns... brilliant. I love the Mrs Browns boxsets and live shows. In my opinion Brendan O'Carroll is a brilliant physical comedian, a sharp writer, and the character is played with a real warmth and a twinkle in his eye. Any time I'm feeling a bit glum, I watch an episode of Mrs Brown's Boys to cheer myself up.

Do you want the good news...........................you're turning into me. :clapping

:lol:

23 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Nice to know cross dressing is what you find funny Poz.