Telly Programmes

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
Jim Murphy was a good enough reason for any self respecting Scot to vote Yes the last time , the guy was a complete , patronising cock

Good old Jum, got the branch leaders job and promptly gave an interview saying he was too smart for the snp and would easily beat them. Lost 41 of 42 MP's at the first election he fought. Makes Tommy Craig look competent.

9 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

OK, you've both obviously read this, since you both liked it, but neither of you have taken up the challenge. I think that I have given you both long enough, so the offer is now rescinded and I officially get to refer to both of you as "Big Fearties". emoji14.png

Sorry.

never realised you WERE challenging me. :o

i shall probably be doing Paisley 10k inAugust (work permitting).

there you are - if nothing else it gives you a goal to stop smoking and get fit for.

don't say that I don't have your best interests at heart (and lungs)!

33 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

My god man, can't you read?

You obviously don't actually care about my health at all. :(

Besides that, it was a two part offer, needed both to accept but faraway's a "Big Feartie". :)

No incentive = no point. :byebye

Anyhow, back to the telly, last night's "Island with Bear Grylls", apart from Bear being a twank already developing into another interesting, if repetitive, piece of TV.

3 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

It's nice on the inside, too.

Just watched it, some place and, more importantly, the staff were nothing short of superb.

From the porters to the consultants, everybody went above and beyond the normal.

Some great stories, brave people, both patients and family.

A young man, 18 year old with serious cancer, was as brave as they come, as had a St Mirren strip on, IN GLASGOW?

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just watched it, some place and, more importantly, the staff were nothing short of superb.

From the porters to the consultants, everybody went above and beyond the normal.

Some great stories, brave people, both patients and family.

A young man, 18 year old with serious cancer, was as brave as they come, as had a St Mirren strip on, IN GLASGOW?

Maybe someone should start a thread? :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe someone should start a thread? :rolleyes:

Some more details on Connor.......................he went through the stem cell procedure last Friday.

Fingers crossed it goes well for him and his family.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15239602.Brave_teenager_Connor_reveals_battle_with_Leukaemia___Transplant_is_my_best_hope_/

Little Boy Blue, last night ITV 9:00pm.

Drama based on the tragic shooting of an innocent 11 year old boy in Liverpool.

I remember the case fairly well.

Only criticism of the programme, too many of these "dark" shots, can see next to nothing I'm afraid.

Slightly spoiled it but not enough to stop me recording next weeks episode.

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Only criticism of the programme, too many of these "dark" shots, can see next to nothing I'm afraid.

It seems the killer is now a tad scared after last nights programme........................shame. <_<

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/little-boy-blue-rhys-jones-killer-fears-life-tv-drama-airs-084602214.html

Guest TPAFKATS

No "dark shots" on my TV. Might be your settings?

Guest TPAFKATS

Posted a while ago that her live show is good. I think it's the potty mouth- she can't do that on her tv shows which I always found a bit scripted and bland.

My realisation on tv is this ; we have seen remarkable improvements in tv sets over the last 20yrs with totally flat screens , 100hz , LCD , LED , plasma ,HD, 4k and of course 3D . Meanwhile the overall quality of the content to watch on these sets has been going down in quality quicker than the rise of the tech . Really piss poor reality tv and shit games shows proliferate .You end up recording everything to avoid the adverts. l haven't watched any tv since watching the Cup game last weekend. .