Telly Programmes

shull

I tried, really tried, to like this as it seemed right up my street.
Managed to dredge through the first two series, 20 hours of my life I'll never get back.
Couldn't "buy in" to the characters so it was just not happening.
Never mind, I'll watch some Miranda Hart/Sarah Millican/Jack Whitehall/Michael McIntyre/John Bishop before all the Chuckle Brothers start to pour scorn on me. :lol:

Shame on you :P

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye, that's often the way, though.
Saturation TV exposure (panel shows, chat shows, etc), and they become tiresome. You could apply that to any number of stand ups cum celebrities.
Peter Kaye is one of the few who seems to have avoided that fate despite the level of airtime he commands.  It seems he employs a bit more discretion.

Naw, Peter Kaye went through a shite annoying stage as well, although just not on as regularly - Amarillo and that Geraldine (?) character
I wasn't expecting much from car share due to this. Best thing he's done since phoenix nights though imo

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

Was talking to one of the participants of last night's show last Thursday. Have known Dougie (I want a fish supper) more years than I care to admit to.

The medical technology that is constantly evolving is amazing, with loads of it getting manufactured on our doorstep.

The programme, probably rightly, focuses on the people but that's an interesting issue.

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye?
Takes all types, me, Benidorm is rank.
Predictable with washed up actors.
Doubt it'll win any awards.....................except pishiest comedy on TV.

I don't watch programmes based on what awards they will win.
Having said that, I'm sure it has won TV awards.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

Never understood why almost every post that you disagree with has the waving bye emoji.
It's condescending and antagonistic

You're talking about a guy who probably signs his name with an X. Emoticons are possibly his idea of wisdom.

35 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You're talking about a guy who probably signs his name with an X. Emoticons are possibly his idea of wisdom.

:1eye sums you up.

A guy who can't handle the forum, such a sensitive soul who considers himself more intelligent than other forum members. :lol

This is a trait by a few who really should leave the forum. (tantrum being one although the father time will soon catch up with him before I do)

Ignores rather than handle the day to day posts on the forum and chooses to post about these people on ignore.

Coward springs to mind. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Channel 5, 10pm, Mind The Age Gap.

A house where 2 groups, auld and young, are thrown together with lots of bevvy.

Sit back and watch people getting drunk and all their worst traits materialise.

Aw damn.

I missed it..

Is it like the Forum on a Saturday night ?