Telly Programmes

shull

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:32 PM, TPAFKATS said:

Benidorm series finale. LOL as usual.

Seems making a joke about people with a cleft palate is not as funny as some might think..............

In the offending scene, Danny Tetley, who is a popular entertainer that was born with a cleft palate, plays himself and gets on stage to perform a song only for Sherrie Hewson’s character, Joyce Temple-Savage, to describe him as  “having the voice of a 13-year-old girl and a face like a dropped pie”.

The Cleft Lip And Palate Association, a charity that supports people affected by the condition, penned a poignant open letter to ITV after the episode aired, saying of the “ignorant” comment: “Looking or sounding different is difficult enough without truly ugly comments like this making things harder.

Aye, LOL right enough. :byebye

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye, didn't think you'd noticed it, not your style.
Surprising it got through the script reading and filming editing process right enough.

I'd like to hear what the actor has to say about it as well as the writer (Derren Litten?).

Guest TPAFKATS
Wasn't sure about this so didn't bother.
Any good?
PS Don't give away the verdict I might catch up.

It was good, certainly compelling. once I watched the first one, I wanted to stick with it.
Although it's five hours, there's about 15 mins of adverts each episode and as usual you get 5 mins of recap at start of each episode.

BTW, the butler done it.

9 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

It was good, certainly compelling. once I watched the first one, I wanted to stick with it.
Although it's five hours, there's about 15 mins of adverts each episode and as usual you get 5 mins of recap at start of each episode.

BTW, the butler done it.

^^^^^^^^ Fanny! :angry:

Just watched Glasgow 1967: The Lisbon Lions on the BBC.

An astounding sporting achievement, slightly before my time but at that time Scottish football was at the top of European football.

A slight pity the ability to record matches was poor but still enough of the final to show that the willingness of a manager and team to play attacking football won the greatest prize in club football.

Inter had already won the European Cup twice before this final and almost certainly underrated Celtic.

The effort the support made to get to Lisbon is legendary.

Yes, they ran onto the field at the final whistle but no malice was involved and certainly this was a frequent action in this era, after all, who wouldn't want to be part of this?

Almost certainly a Scottish team will never reach these heights again.

Aye, we had some players in them days.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just watched Glasgow 1967: The Lisbon Lions on the BBC.

An astounding sporting achievement, slightly before my time but at that time Scottish football was at the top of European football.

A slight pity the ability to record matches was poor but still enough of the final to show that the willingness of a manager and team to play attacking football won the greatest prize in club football.

Inter had already won the European Cup twice before this final and almost certainly underrated Celtic.

The effort the support made to get to Lisbon is legendary.

Yes, they ran onto the field at the final whistle but no malice was involved and certainly this was a frequent action in this era, after all, who wouldn't want to be part of this?

Almost certainly a Scottish team will never reach these heights again.

Aye, we had some players in them days.

Aye, we got relegatit