Telly Programmes

shull

The Damned United is on BBC2 at 10.30pm tonight. Worth a watch if you haven't seen it. The film is a dramatisation of Clough's tenure as Leeds manager in the mid 70s.

I read the book first, and it was a great read, but the film is good too.

After 21 months, I have finally managed to watch the whole 91 episodes of SOAP  :lol:   This program was made over 4 years around 40 years ago so it will only be auld farts like myself who remember it  :rolleyes:  Sadly the last series was cancelled, so the ending was like the last pages missing in a book   :(   I normally watch it on a sat night to cheer myself up after watching the Saints. To me, it was the funniest program ever to come out of America and better than MASH and Cheers which I also enjoyed. My thank to my son for getting me the complete show on DVD for my 60th birthday  :cheers   

10 hours ago, renfrew said:

After 21 months, I have finally managed to watch the whole 91 episodes of SOAP  :lol:   This program was made over 4 years around 40 years ago so it will only be auld farts like myself who remember it  :rolleyes:  Sadly the last series was cancelled, so the ending was like the last pages missing in a book   :(   I normally watch it on a sat night to cheer myself up after watching the Saints. To me, it was the funniest program ever to come out of America and better than MASH and Cheers which I also enjoyed. My thank to my son for getting me the complete show on DVD for my 60th birthday  :cheers   

Yeah it was "out there" for TV back in the late '70's when I imagine Happy Days would've been the mainstream. With the arrival of the socially conservative Reagan presidency and the increasing prominence of TV evangelists like Pat Buchanan the TV network gave up the struggle and cancelled the final series of Soap - shame.

Saying all that as a teenager I was primarily interested in Katherine Helmond's 8008135.....:wub:

Image result for katherine helmond soap

24 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah it was "out there" for TV back in the late '70's when I imagine Happy Days would've been the mainstream. With the arrival of the socially conservative Reagan presidency and the increasing prominence of TV evangelists like Pat Buchanan the TV network gave up the struggle and cancelled the final series of Soap - shame.

Saying all that as a teenager I was primarily interested in Katherine Helmond's 8008135.....:wub:

Image result for katherine helmond soap

Your picy isnae there. .

57d287dffd10f88c20c8aa96cb43fe0c--older-

Edited by saintnextlifetime

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

What was the question and did they get it right?

Which Scottish football team are known as "The Buddies"?

Hibernian    St.Mirren    Partick Thistle

Aye they got it right, they were from Glesga

2 hours ago, 17/03/13 said:

Which Scottish football team are known as "The Buddies"?

Hibernian    St.Mirren    Partick Thistle

Aye they got it right, they were from Glesga

Must have been from the east end as, if they were from Govan they'd have thought we were nicknamed the wee cellic.

Edited by stlucifer

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, whydowebother said:

Got that on series link as well as The Loch

No idea if either are any good.

Love crime dramas though, still got the last 3 Broadchurch to watch so no spoilers :P

Watched the first episode of the Loch and it will be my last. Slow as a week in Port Glasgow !

Watched the first episode of the Loch and it will be my last. Slow as a week in Port Glasgow !

Had a feeling it wouldn't be great, haven't watched it yet though but wasn't overly convinced by the trailer.

I've not been to Port Glasgow either so might also give that a miss :P

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Had a feeling it wouldn't be great, haven't watched it yet though but wasn't overly convinced by the trailer.

I've not been to Port Glasgow either so might also give that a miss :P

Me neither bar the first six months of my life which funnily enough I don't remember however I imagine it wouldn't by life enhancing.

Pissing down here in Ayr - think I'll watch The Blue Dahlia on Film4.

Classic noir and the only original film script Raymond Chandler ever wrote.

Bluedahlia.jpgEnjoy that cigarette Alan!

Sign o' the times, the fillum was given an offensive language warning - presumably for one of the characters referring to Jazz as "monkey music". :whistle

Obscure link - the song Accentuate The Positive appears in this fillum and The Usual Suspects LA Confidential where Kim Basinger plays a Veronica Lake lookalikeeee.

Thanks to snl for correcting me - D'oh!

Edited by Bud the Baker

19 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Pissing down here in Ayr - think I'll watch The Blue Dahlia on Film4.

Classic noir and the only original film script Raymond Chandler ever wrote.

Bluedahlia.jpgEnjoy that cigarette Alan!

Sign o' the times, the fillum was given an offensive language warning - presumably for one of the characters referring to Jazz as "monkey music". :whistle

Obscure link - the song Accentuate The Positive appears in this fillum and The Usual Suspects where Kim Basinger plays a Veronica Lake lookalikeeee.

Veronica Lake ? I think you are getting mixed up there with LA Confidential . .deary me . .B)