Telly Programmes

shull

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:55 PM, faraway saint said:

Michael McIntyres Big Show......................cracking features expertly delivered by McIntyre.

I recorded an episode, it's the sorta stuff I thought "they" had stopped making when Noel Edmonds died - I kept waiting for a shapeshifting android to be teleported from the future and blast the audience and cast into oblivion but gave up after 30 seconds and watched a program about Kiowa Indians and their creation beliefs instead. :death

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I recorded an episode, it's the sorta stuff I thought "they" had stopped making when Noel Edmonds died - I kept waiting for a shapeshifting android to be teleported from the future and blast the audience and cast into oblivion but gave up after 30 seconds and watched a program about Kiowa Indians and their creation beliefs instead. :death

My, what a hoot you are. :lol:

Takes all kinds, although their is a tendency on here to look down on many "mainstream" things, TV or music.

I personally don't give a feck if anyone likes what I like, as long as I find it entertaining, that's all that matters. :byebye

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I agree, thank god me and the missus don't rely on drivel like this to constitute a night "in".............. Thanks the lord for Amazon, and Netflix

Tell me, DJ, what do you and your poor wife watch on the odd night in? :rolleyes:

Going by many of your posts on here I doubt it'll be anything worth watching or even faintly amusing. :lol:

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Tell me, DJ, what do you and your poor wife watch on the odd night in? :rolleyes:

Going by many of your posts on here I doubt it'll be anything worth watching or even faintly amusing. :lol:

FAS- as that's coming from you , I shall simply ignore the second line, because I know your just doing banter as per...................

I don't do brain dead tv .................. I am sure many are happy to watch 11 "celebs" round a camp fire eating bugs.- marvellous- I prefer history, suspense or indeed a bit of sport...

I will await your hysterical response:blink::D

13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

FAS- as that's coming from you , I shall simply ignore the second line, because I know your just doing banter as per...................

I don't do brain dead tv .................. I am sure many are happy to watch 11 "celebs" round a camp fire eating bugs.- marvellous- I prefer history, suspense or indeed a bit of sport...

I will await your hysterical response:blink::D

Thanks for that. ...........so, you slag off what other people watch as youre a "cut above" and you don't mention anything in detail you find interesting? 

Aye, run along, I'm sure there's some Bernard Manning reruns for you to chortle over. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Thanks for that. ...........so, you slag off what other people watch as youre a "cut above" and you don't mention anything in detail you find interesting? 

Aye, run along, I'm sure there's some Bernard Manning reruns for you to chortle over. :byebye

Bernard Manning?? Ha ha.................... Nah he is a fat racist

Used to be allowed opinions on this site...............

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Brilliant Comedian was Bernard. 

Very very funny. 

Never hated anybody. 

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

My, what a hoot you are. :lol:

Takes all kinds, although their is a tendency on here to look down on many "mainstream" things, TV or music.

I personally don't give a feck if anyone likes what I like, as long as I find it entertaining, that's all that matters. :byebye

Not having seen any trailers for McIntyre's show I was expecting a sorta "Live at the Apollo" (which I'd say is mainstream) show with the host introducing a coupla turns, it certainly wasn't to my taste and the brief portion I saw was maudlin, the organized hysteria of shows like The X Factor and Strictly ain't my cuppa tea either. I don't even think it's "grumpy old man" syndrome to say that none of the aforementioned shows could hold a candle (nevermind four) to The Two Ronnies.

Admittedly there was a lot of crap then too, Jeremy Beadle. Cilla Black but outside of Dr. Who (another mainstream show) there's not much on Saturday evening TV that I'd watch these days.

I accept that Saturday night TV is going to be mainstream, also that it's probably always been hit&miss.  It also doesn't help that the two best current game shows like Pointless & The Chase (two more mainstream shows I like) are scheduled at teatime Mon-Fri which makes them being on Saturday less special but McIntyre's show is cheesy in the extreme and in general the current fayre offered during what was traditionally one of TV's prime slots is uninspiring.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Not having seen any trailers for McIntyre's show I was expecting a sorta "Live at the Apollo" (which I'd say is mainstream) show with the host introducing a coupla turns, it certainly wasn't to my taste and the brief portion I saw was maudlin, the organized hysteria of shows like The X Factor and Strictly ain't my cuppa tea either. I don't even think it's "grumpy old man" syndrome to say that none of the aforementioned shows could hold a candle (nevermind four) to The Two Ronnies.
Admittedly there was a lot of crap then too, Jeremy Beadle. Cilla Black but outside of Dr. Who (another mainstream show) there's not much on Saturday evening TV that I'd watch these days.
I accept that Saturday night TV is going to be mainstream, also that it's probably always been hit&miss.  It also doesn't help that the two best current game shows like Pointless & The Chase (two more mainstream shows I like) are scheduled at teatime Mon-Fri which makes them being on Saturday less special but McIntyre's show is cheesy in the extreme and in general the current fayre offered during what was traditionally one of TV's prime slots is uninspiring.
Erudite and articulate as your post is, BtB, I still think "shite" is a much more succinct and accurate way to express my feelings about McIntyre's show in particular and Saturday night telly in general.

8 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Erudite and articulate as your post is, BtB, I still think "shite" is a much more succinct and accurate way to express my feelings about McIntyre's show in particular and Saturday night telly in general.

Guys watch yourselves- your expressing views - however "shite" really hits the nail.........more examples rather than opinions

Funny we have about 800 channels now and yet some on here are still mentioning mainstream BBC or ITV................... with exception of Peaky Blinders, Attenborough and the odd BBC drama it does seem all about quantity these days...................  

Guys watch yourselves- your expressing views - however "shite" really hits the nail.........more examples rather than opinions
Funny we have about 800 channels now and yet some on here are still mentioning mainstream BBC or ITV................... with exception of Peaky Blinders, Attenborough and the odd BBC drama it does seem all about quantity these days...................  

Mainstream is shite on a Saturday and there's little on the other channels that appeals. Thankfully between Netflix and Amazon there's usually something worth watching if we're at home.

21 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
25 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mainstream is shite on a Saturday and there's little on the other channels that appeals. Thankfully between Netflix and Amazon there's usually something worth watching if we're at home.

Well said that man.

FAS- Get it right up u :withstupid