Telly Programmes

shull

Like many of the other old farts on here I spent Hogmany at home playing board games with the family & watching a bit of telly as the Bells approached.  :cheers

The TV was pretty mediocre with my highlight being 50 Years of Saturday Nights on BBC1 Scotland about what happened when young men & women got together on the dancefloor :spud3 - generally a bit of coughing followed by a Shotgun Wedding :fire2(Roy C). Interviews with some guys'n'dolls from the 50's plus a few raddled ravers from the 80's & 90's. Who knew Brechin was where it was all happening in the late 80's - some bald cove. :rolleyes:

Brief clip of my old high-rise neighbour Kelly-Marie:wub:. Interesting watch but the programme (are you reading@Eric Arthur Blair ?) would have been better for the inclusion of a few hippies & punx!

Anyway Happy Nu Year.  

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Only an Excuse was totally crap last night , unfunny and the scenes were  as predictable as feck , its been dying a death for a few years now.

It's astonishing that a team of writers have 12 months to come up with jokes and that's the best they can produce.

Just watched "Bright", Netflix movie featuring Will Smith.

Got pretty bad reviews, I prefer to make my own mind up.

I like this type of "futuristic" shit but, overall, this wasn't great IMO.

I like Smith and he did deliver a few decent lines but not one of his best movies.

Saving grace it was free.....................:rolleyes:

5/10

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:41 PM, faraway saint said:

Turned out to be as interesting as the adverts indicated.

Quite obscure but enough to make me tune in again next week. 

It'll be interesting to see where the producers will go with this. How quickly & how far will the knowledge spread?

Pleasing level of violence in the opening episode but it was filmed in a pretty straightforward way still there's plenty of room for weirdness if the show lasts the 5 years. 

Slightly off topic - I know it's fashionable for TV coppers to have issues but these Hicks & Renko have a supermarket trolley full of them! :fishwallop

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just watched Oasis:Supersonic their story in their own words. Love them or hate, they were a phenomenal band, especially in the 90s.

Saw them at Balloch Castle both days they played. Outstanding.
Enjoyed this insight into the ups and downs.

• 2 weeks later...

Flicking around the channels tonight just caught the National TV awards, highlighting Blue Planet 2.

You know what Attenborough, you're a cnut, you make every programme so damn good there will be little chance many programmes will be as enthralling as you make these programmes!

Astounding what a knowledgeable commentary, delivered with passion, can make to excellent filming. 

"The Master Storyteller" just used sums this man up. 

Edited by faraway saint

Paul O'Grady getting, quite rightly, accolades on the National TV awards for his genuine involvement on the "For the Love of Dogs" programme.

Having recently, 3 months ago, acquired a rescue dog, appreciate that he fronts this programme and greatly assists the process of people taking dogs into their homes.

He's melted a few times and takes some of these dogs from Battersea Dogs home, away with him. 

Credit the man, putting himself into the spotlight for a subject he is passionate about.