Telly Programmes

shull

Rule Britannia: Music, Mischief & Mischief in the 18th Century - coupla interesting facts (to me anyway).

1. Rule Britannia was originally composed as an attack on George II by his son, the future George III
  2. God Bless The Prince was sung by the Jacobite supporters of Bonnie Prince Charlie before the English changed the lyrics to God Save The King & stole it from us - Robbin' Bastards!

8 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
12 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:
Rule Britannia: Music, Mischief & Mischief in the 18th Century - coupla interesting facts (to me anyway).
  1. Rule Britannia was originally composed as an attack on George II by his son, the future George III
  2. God Bless The Prince was sung by the Jacobite supporters of Bonnie Prince Charlie before the English changed the lyrics to God Save The King & stole it from us - Robbin' Bastards!

Us??? There was no us! It was a war to see who could sit on the English throne. If it was just about Scotland then the wee fanny would probably have stayed in Italy.

I take it your still reeling from yesterday's altercation with Reynard, that last bit was meant to be tongue in cheek.

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Currently watching "Big Cats" on BBC1.

Trying to sell this as new startling facts.

I'm afraid seen it/heard it all before.

Just informed me that cheetahs aren't just fast but very agile to help them run down their prey...................no way!

Here was me thinking the prey ran in a straight line. :lol:

Aye very good !!  Just you spoil it for everyone else ! :angry: :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Hung over.

I was reeling last night.  It did, however, make me realise that I'm not as intelligent as I thought since, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't think of a way to dumb it down enough for him to understand. :)

Aye the foties have just been posted online - I take it that's you wi' the bunnet & suspenders!

Image result for dance 18th century reel

Death In Paradise on BBC1 right now.  Mildly entertaining tosh, absolutely no brain exertion required to watch this. More enjoyable than 60 minutes in the dentist chair.

Ben Miller / Kris Marshall were both excellent as the lead detective character.

Ardal O'Hanlon has now taken over that role and he is utterly sh1te. Zero acting capability. One dimensional and essentially resurrecting Father Dougal located on a desert island. Can't see this show getting another series with this nugget in the role.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Death In Paradise on BBC1 right now.  Mildly entertaining tosh, absolutely no brain exertion required to watch this. More enjoyable than 60 minutes in the dentist chair.

Ardal O'Hanlon has now taken over that role and he is utterly sh1te. Zero acting capability. One dimensional and essentially resurrecting Father Dougal located on a desert island. Can't see this show getting another series with this nugget in the role.

Stating the fecking obvious thread for this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

15 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yeah, AO'H seems a bit of a lazy choice after KM. Last night's episode was poor, I sussed it as soon as the fotie was shown.

Shame I like programs like this & New Tricks and enjoy playing "Spot the Aging Star" and trying to remember what they were originally famous for.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Wow 

I missed aw the fun last night. 

Going to watch my recording of Columbo tonight. 

Great wee detective dude. 

Favourite Police Series of all time. 

I noticed Stephen Spielberg directed one of the episodes in the 1970's.

Amazing 

Just watched a programme on BBC4, Cuba.

Quite interesting, if unsurprising.

Having visited the country 5 times around 2005 it was still gripped in the communist regime.

There has been some changes due to the lack of income for the government, allowing capitalism to start and let people earn money, feeding into the system to maintain government run  schools, hospitals etc.

Still an intriguing country and well worth a visit.