Hearts Vs St Mirren

Scabby Dug

1. Campbell had a poor game and Wylde was our best player.

2. 89th minute you say, so there was still 5 mins to go with Darren McGregor up front.

The real issue is the aberration of a refereeing performance which cost us a goal, and a player.

Nope, no mention of Wylde. He did ask why Campbell came off, but made no comment around Wylde or even whether pace on both flanks could have worked. He almost implied it could have though, but again nothing direct.

No need to apologise.

As I said, Wylde looked a very decent prospect.

Can I just add that Danny can still survive this by bringing in quality by Friday and starting to win! I suspect we won't but I would love nothing more than a few signings and for us to go on a run.

I don't think we can risk allowing the clown to bring in any more new faces. He's made a pigs ear of this season's dealings so far , any more and we're down!

Saw a journalist post last week , "I see Wylde's signed for his fourth club , a career based on running fast in a straight line". It certainly looks that he's fast but has very little between the ears !minds me of somebody from the 90's

Reminds me of somebody from the 90's.

Lack of heart rather than brains was this player's problem.

Disappointing night, almost bereft of an opinion. How we blow hot then cold so quickly baffles me. Even in an individual game we can play fantastic short burst of football but still be woeful in the next passage of play.

Hearts are a poor side but full of fight and deserved a point for their endeavours. Had it not been for the sending off it was fairly equal with Hearts shading chances and possession but us shading the clear cut chances in the first half.

We missed a number of simple chances, but still had Kello to thank for an amazing double save in the second half. The ups and downs for a Saints game epitomised.

A lot of negativity which is entirely understandable, but also a few baffling posts...

2nd sub was because McGowan took a knock,

Newton ok going forward but severely lacking dig,

Wylde looked good but his success at our club will depend on the balls played to him as I don't think he'll turn matches by creating his own chances and will need balls played in front of him to run on to,

Goodwin solid, with very soft booking and only towards end of the game a few poor passes,

Naismith and Kelly, not an experiment at all, but our future full backs, played reasonably well, Jason needs to miss the first man when crossing and Sean be a bit stronger going forward,

Darren - good game,

McGinn - solid performance if not his best

McGowan - tried his best but a little low in confidence I think

Campbell - started well and faded

Thommo - (I missed the goal) ploughed a lonely furrow and was unlucky with two close range efforts towards the end...needs better support either with McGowan changing role or someone like Isma to help…

Penalty seemed soft from the away stand and wasn't one according to Gary Locke enough said.

Referee spoiled it as a contest and seemed swayed by crowd given persistent fouling from Hearts but considerably fewer yellows…

DL/TC - I'm a happy clapper, but as above how we can play so well and so badly so frequently I cannot fathom. Hopefully the irons in the fire come good. A decent performance at Parkhead and a win in the Scottish cup would go a long way.

ETA: Cheesy played ok, got caught out in the first half not swapping marked player to follow counter attack and missed a few tackles but got recovering tackles in to make up for this. Then potentially unfairly penalised for penalty.

I also missed Hearts first goal so can't comment on defending in that instance...

Edited by Bart Simpson

He didn't comment on Wylde though, but then actually reading posts doesn't suit your agenda of destroying every conversation on here.

Oops...

1. Campbell had a poor game and Wylde was our best player.

Wylde looked a real prospect, but keep it quiet, nothing but gloom and doom allowed.

This team is knackered.

Every player looks shot and there are no replacements - Lennon is to blame for that.

I know he has his supporters on here - could one of them, seriously, explain his plan either game by game or long term because I can't see it.

It used to be a possession- based high intensity pressing game - that's a distant memory so what are we doing now?

These players can't pass, can't keep possession and don't press.

If Lennon's salvation is signing a 35(?) year old striker who bombed at his last 3 clubs, he deserves the sack.

Individually we have talent but that's not a team.

On another note, there is clearly an anti-Goodwin agenda among Scottish refs.

And could someone with the technological know-how send video of the penalty dive and Nicolson's dive at around the 25min mark to Mr Lunny.

May as well play up to his clipe's charter....

Good post. Danny is in trouble but the board seems to have gone AWOL. I don't think it's all Danny's fault.

I also loved your post for 'clipe'. What a magnificent Scottish word!.Haven't heard it for years. It can be spelt with a 'y' too.

I’ve never been a fan of sacking managers and have always backed Lennon but it is getting ridiculous now. Too many times we are baffled by his tactics or the team just don’t seem to have any idea what the game plan is.

If it wasn’t for well-timed victories against Hibs, Dundee United and Ross County with 3 or 4 defeats in between, he would have been gone a long time ago.

Don’t have a clue who we should bring in but it it’s got to happen now to give him time to keep us up and get the team organised for next season.

Away in Manchester so missed the game, then wake to stories about Novo on trial and Grainger getting released. Seems a bit shambolic if there are no replacements lined up. An already threadbare squad is looking thinner. I think Danny may well have boxed himself into a corner and must hope that players come in last minute and no-one gets injured.

Good morning all !

Whit's happening ?

Good morning, Shull. Hope you slept well. It's a very pleasant day, the birds are singing and lambs are frolicking in the fields. Faraway is arguing with a few people on the forum. Danny Lennon has lost quite a few fans. St.Mirren are about to sign a great new player named after tortillas. I hear a search party is being organised to try and find the whereabouts of our board. The ref last night can't be a proper one because it's known who his father is.

To sum it all up, there's plenty to smile about. By the way, we got f**ked last night.

I'm totally scunnered after that shambles last night.Beat by a Youth team FFS.Time for the Board to make a big decision.Either announce the sale of the Club is not going to happen and get us back on track or drop the price to something realistic and get tae.

Mr Gilmour and Co have done a fantastic job over the years but all the good work is being undone.I beg them to get things sorted out before its too late.

Smokie & Poz will now be settling down to watch the Super Saints on Alba unaware of the .....................

Correct. Stuck to my plan and settled down at 10pm with my cuppa' and mint Kit Kat, blissfully unaware of any scores. Where to start with that pile of shite?....

Why wear the yellow strip again in a fixture with no need to do it? That's three in quick succession - Easter Rd, McDiarmid, Tynecastle.

Why do we throw away so many winning positions and blew a 30 second lead?

Why, when Gary Locke is prowling the touchline encouraging and cajoling a team already doomed, does Danny Lennon sit on his hands for 90 minutes staring straight ahead stony faced like someone has just done a shite in his mince?

Why can't we beat an administration battered Hearts U17 side, minus Stevenson, who made three substitutions to protect players for their cup semi final?

What the fcuk was DVZ for McGowan with a minute of regulation time all about Danny?

Why has the manager of our club made such a rip-roaring cnut of this summer's transfer window, and why has our up-for-sale ring-fence the shares, give us 2 million, tired, out-of-ideas, fed-up BoD allowed this to happen?

Throw Kit Kat wrappers at the TV? I nearly put a fcuking house brick through it.

The gower sub was fair enough. Pushed Darren up front with Tommo. Should have done it 5 mins earlier. The real problem was we were outfought once again. We we are up for it we are a good side. Unfortunately, there are too many times when we look as though we're just going through the motions.

Correct. Stuck to my plan and settled down at 10pm with my cuppa' and mint Kit Kat, blissfully unaware of any scores. Where to start with that pile of shite?....

Why wear the yellow strip again in a fixture with no need to do it? That's three in quick succession - Easter Rd, McDiarmid, Tynecastle.

Why do we throw away so many winning positions and blew a 30 second lead?

Why, when Gary Locke is prowling the touchline encouraging and cajoling a team already doomed, does Danny Lennon sit on his hands for 90 minutes staring straight ahead stony faced like someone has just done a shite in his mince?

Why can't we beat an administration battered Hearts U17 side, minus Stevenson, who made three substitutions to protect players for their cup semi final?

What the fcuk was DVZ for McGowan with a minute of regulation time all about Danny?

Why has the manager of our club made such a rip-roaring cnut of this summer's transfer window, and why has our up-for-sale ring-fence the shares, give us 2 million, tired, out-of-ideas, fed-up BoD allowed this to happen?

Throw Kit Kat wrappers at the TV? I nearly put a fcuking house brick through it.

More importantly, how did Tiger Woods go?

I see the usual suspects are/were queuing up last night and this morning at the 'Incontinence Clinic' soggy Y-fronts and all heaping scorn and calling for DL to get the push....

Pity most hadn't been at the game (self included) or indeed waited to see the highlights which showed Mc Causland being wrongly sent off, and a penalty given that never was. In addition Thommo's nose for goal eluded him as on another day with the service and chances he got last night he would have been on a hat-trick at least.

Thommo got some great balls in the first half and a couple of peaches from Wylde in the second, how he never purposefully connected I don't know? But those were gilt edged chances to win the game, coupled with the post and bar being rattled what was it four times by a variety of saints....

Yes we got beat, although the winning goal shouldn't have been. But the team pushed forward on different fronts a bit like easter road and tore Hearts apart, without the just rewards. With Bahoken, McLean and hopefully Teale to return we have an awesome array of talent going forward... what we lack is a consistent central defence performance. Cheesy ran back and played everyone onside for their goal (penalty doesn't count) then neither he nor anyone else got under the incoming cross....

Dry yir f**king pants!

Edited by Lord Pityme

I see the usual suspects are/were queuing up last night and this morning at the 'Incontinence Clinic' soggy Y-fronts and all heaping scorn and calling for DL to get the push....

Pity most hadn't been at the game (self included) or indeed waited to see the highlights which showed Mc Causland being wrongly sent off, and a penalty given that never was. In addition Thommo's nose for goal eluded him as on another day with the service and chances he got last night he would have been on a hat-trick at least.

Thommo got some great balls in the first half and a couple of peaches from Wylde in the second, how he never purposefully connected I don't know? But those were gilt edged chances to win the game, coupled with the post and bar being rattled what was it four times by a variety of saints....

Yes we got beat, although the winning goal shouldn't have been. But the team pushed forward on different fronts a bit like easter road and tore Hearts apart, without the just rewards. With Bahoken, McLean and hopefully Teale to return we have an awesome array of talent going forward... what we lack is a consistent central defence performance. Cheesy ran back and played everyone onside for their goal (penalty doesn't count) then neither he nor anyone else got under the incoming cross....

Dry yir f**king pants!

Doesn't matter what "awesome array of talent" any team has - if you let in more than you score you lose the game and we have let in a hell of a lot more than we have scored. We don't score enough and we conceded far too many which is not a good combo. On the few days we do keep a clean sheet invaribably the forwards let us down and we draw 0v0. The whole squad needs a total overhaul. Of the 3 you mention 1 is old and injury prone, one is here reluctantly on loan for as short a time as he can possibly wanggle and the other has just had an operation.