Gary Dicker

Blairy_the_Bulgarian

I wouldn't say so no, we need to strengthen the defence before worrying about back up for Goodwin. We have Van Zanten who can fill in there if needed.

Van zanten is done at this level and Goodwin spends more time suspended. We will bring in a centre half aswel.

Van zanten is done at this level and Goodwin spends more time suspended. We will bring in a centre half aswel.

He's missed what 2 or 3 games from suspension? Van Zanten has did a good enough job anytime he's played there.

If he is a free transfer and we can afford his wages then fair enough but surely he'll be on a decent wage in the championship and even league 1 and wont be wanting to take a drop to move to Scotland. Hope we're not spending the wages we've freed up just on a backup.

He's missed what 2 or 3 games from suspension? Van Zanten has did a good enough job anytime he's played there.

If he is a free transfer and we can afford his wages then fair enough but surely he'll be on a decent wage in the championship and even league 1 and wont be wanting to take a drop to move to Scotland. Hope we're not spending the wages we've freed up just on a backup.

He won't be a back up if he signs , too good a player. He was a regular for Brighton and there was Championship interest before he signed short-term for his pal at Rochdale.

A defensive midfielder with a bit of physical presence about him would be a great addition to the team.

We need an enforcer to allow the likes of McGowan and McGinn to do what they are good at. With Jim being booked every week I think it very sensible that we look at other options.

We also need a centre half, no question about that.

He won't be a back up if he signs , too good a player. He was a regular for Brighton and there was Championship interest before he signed short-term for his pal at Rochdale.

I wouldn't be suprised to see van zanten follow his mate Mair out the door since we seem to be getting rid of a lot of deadwood, can see him dropping down a league or 2. We need better players than these guys if we want to stay in this league.

We technically only have 5 midfielders on the books. yes, van zanten and grainger can fill in at midfield - but I'd rather a proven midfielder to come in that can do the job and I think dicker will be that guy. decent signing in my opinion.

All we need now is to add a centre half for cover so that we don't rely on goodwin for that and im happy.

P.S judging from what aberdeen fans were saying, Greg Wylde was never really good at being a winger, couldnt beat the players when he took them on. He's better playing on the shoulder of a defender as a forward and playing balls through the middle. But who knows where we'll play him, probably centre half.

over 6ft tall

Great, I wonder if he can kick it really far, too...

But naw, I'm being a dick. Despite the protestations of a few slightly barmy posters above, we have needed a second defensive midfielder since Shuggie left. The impact on the team when JG isn't available or is playing badly is woefully apparent, and I don't even get to many games. This would be a good move.

(PS I love the idea that players absolutely have to arrive at the club in a certain order. We can't sign a DM (which we need) because we need a CB more. And if they don't arrive in the right order then I WILL RAGE ON THE INTERNET.)

Great, I wonder if he can kick it really far, too...

But naw, I'm being a dick. Despite the protestations of a few slightly barmy posters above, we have needed a second defensive midfielder since Shuggie left. The impact on the team when JG isn't available or is playing badly is woefully apparent, and I don't even get to many games. This would be a good move.

(PS I love the idea that players absolutely have to arrive at the club in a certain order. We can't sign a DM (which we need) because we need a CB more. And if they don't arrive in the right order then I WILL RAGE ON THE INTERNET.)

Personally speaking, I don't want a decent centre back to arrive in a particular order - I just want one to arrive at all.

Danny has been actively looking for another player to fill the Goodwin role for some time. Gary Dicker has played in the championship with Brighton and will be a cracking signing.

This is just the type of player that we often miss out on to other SPL clubs, so in this respect I'm happy to have another big strong and imposing player in the midfield.

Edited by class of 76-77