Lennon Out

The point is that there are guys out there who have a decent track record in management, who are out of work just now and who would be much, much better than Danny.

owen coyle?

In theory there may well be...but realistically, would an established manager, ie not a Danny Lennon, Ian Murray, Allan Johnston appointment from lower leagues want the job. By that I mean someone who has a pedigree about him ala Coyle, McCall, Butcher, McInnes. (when they got the Well, ICT & Dons jobs)

With the club up for sale, board wanting out, and prospect of new unknown bosses.

Then there's the fact that the man he is replacing took the club to its highest league position in 20 odd years, won a piece of National Silverware but still wasn't able to win over a large or vocal section of the support.

Hardly an ideal situation to sell to targets.

I'd fear we would be forced to go down the same route as Danny and appoint an untested lower league manager such as Murray. Which isn't really a step forward from the 4 years we just had under Danny.

Edited by NeilPar72

We have a great squad, though imo I just dont think the manager is getting the best out of them.I have heard rumours that there is potentially a takeover imminent at the end of season, this may be the reason why we are running down lennons contract, so that the new board can pick their man.As I said we have a very strong squad and it is frustrating to see us under achieve once again.

A great squad? I think the squad is nowhere near great, we have some talented young players and ST up front. great squads have consistency and dominate teams less talented - we do neither and have not done so for many years. You can blame the manager for a lot of things and which he may be guilty of but some players are just not good enough or need to ask if they are doing enough on the park.

Djemba Djemba had a couple of great touches and that was it. He was miles off the pace and slower than Goodwin, if that's possible. He could easily have been sent off. I think he may well have cost us the first goal as well as Ciftci easily coasted by him to square for Gauld.

More to come when he's fit? Hope so.

I watched him closely and yes he was off the pace but his passing and availability to receive the ball was excellent. He will only get better with games and Utd away in a cup game was hardly an easy start. I saw enough to suggest he will do well despite my initial scepticism at his signing. Teale and McLean returning will be big plus points too.

Why the clamour to change managers now ? I watched the game today with a Utd fan who was convinced we will be nowhere near the play off spot. That is all that is realistically left now so why spunk cash we dont have on a pay off ?

such as ?

Of the top of my head.

Owen Coyle

Peter Houston

Alex McLeish

Craig Levein

OK none of them are exactly Mourinho or Guardiola, and I can just about hear plenty of people on here looking at those names and saying "dodgy track record, especially in England".

To which I would reply what is Danny's record like managing in England. Of course he doesn't have one, and furthermore it's almost impossible to imagine an English team giving him a job.

And here's another couple of names for you. McGhee, Fenlon.

Aye" pooh pooh all you like, but could you put your hand on your heart and say they would not get more out of our squad than Danny-boy?

Of the top of my head.

Owen Coyle

Peter Houston

Alex McLeish

Craig Levein

OK none of them are exactly Mourinho or Guardiola, and I can just about hear plenty of people on here looking at those names and saying "dodgy track record, especially in England".

To which I would reply what is Danny's record like managing in England. Of course he doesn't have one, and furthermore it's almost impossible to imagine an English team giving him a job.

Aye" pooh pooh all you like, but could you put your hand on your heart and say they would not get more out of our squad than Danny-boy?

Doing so well till mentioning Fenlon!

Seriously?

Doing so well till mentioning Fenlon!

Seriously?

Got Hibs to cup finals in consecutive years and was his team actually that much worse than the much baleyhoo'd Butcher version.

Don't get me wrong, he wouldn't get my vote as a replacement. However the point is that being a flop at Easter Road doesn't in itself make you a dud , most of their recent managers have been a bit of a let down. As a job it's almost become something of a poisoned chalice.

Usual wind being posted here.

Not sure when St Mirren became a team that are expected to go to Tannadice and put a good Dundee United team out the cup.

It's not so much that I expected us to win today it's more that we went into to-days match with a CH pairing that fails to inspire confidence, question have to exist over the fitness of four of the starting line-up Djemba2, McGowan, McLean & Thompson. Then if you've got two defensive-midfielders in Djemba2 & Goodwin why not play Campbell it certainly seems a more natural option than Campbell.

Besides which as Luther G. Presley says above Utd. hadn't won since before Christmas prior to today.

Looking forwards I suppose next Saturday against Aberdeen with McAusland suspended we can look forward to seeing Goodwin & McGregor at CH with Djemba2 & Newton in central midfield - an opportunity to judge whether with a stronger defensive midfield combo in front of him Goodwin can play effectively at CH.

Another point which nedflander123 hinted at is just how good is our squad - are some of the players not quite as good as we & they think?

After that we've got a double header against fellow play-off rivals - Ross County (h) & Killie (a). We have to seek inspiration from Disney - pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and make the best of the rest of the season.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I don't like going against the manager as I always believe in the team, but now it's getting embarrassing. For dundee united second goal today we had at least 10 chances to clear our lines but Danny Lennons way is to pass the ball out of danger. We are far to easily broke down, when we concede a goal the players don't seem too bothered. I'm fed up of the excuses aswell. Though I think the board will look for a cheap replacement so it's easier to sell the club.

The new manager will need money to spend to make our team better. Goodwin has past it IMO too. Why is Adam Campbell coming on with 15mins to go? The startin line up was far too negative. Especially for a cup tie. He'll blame it on the game plan instead of himself again!

Goodwin past it? You can't have been at the games of late. Jim was tremendous against thistle and did well today

Of the top of my head.

Owen Coyle

Peter Houston

Alex McLeish

Craig Levein

Owen Coyle...........Couldn't afford him

Peter Houston........No thanks

Alex McLeish..........Couldn't afford him

Craig Levein............Seriously, no thanks

So whats the point of going to game then if you think you have no chance of winning? Or any game?

Hmm, maybe taking a punt here but I think it's often referred to as being a supporter.

By default you could support a big team in Glasgow, or like many available match day tickets now demonstrate, Manchester United. Knock yourself out !

Owen Coyle...........Couldn't afford him

Peter Houston........No thanks

Alex McLeish..........Couldn't afford him

Craig Levein............Seriously, no thanks

Levein's track record includes managing Hearts, Dundee United, Leicester City and Scotland. Quite clearly then underqualified to be managing the Saints!