Lennon Out

... we are not a big team. We budget every year to avoid the drop...

Hence why, when you're 2-1 down in a cup tie, a striker you have on loan from a Premier League team and who has scored as many goals as Paul McGowan in a third of the appearances of McGowan should get more than five minutes to make an impact.

Surely would not cost too much to pay off Daniel now. The cost of relegation would be horrendous. We have a decent squad but the tactics and lack of motivation are simply shocking. Make no mistake with our facilities etc we are an attractive proposition.

Exactly.

Surely would not cost too much to pay off Daniel now. The cost of relegation would be horrendous. We have a decent squad but the tactics and lack of motivation are simply shocking. Make no mistake with our facilities etc we are an attractive proposition.

You would think we were 'an attractive proposition' but how long has our debt free club with own ground / academy / dome etc been up for sale ?

Some clubs have been sold twice over in the same time. The reality is St Mirren means more to the fans than it does the business world , a club with limited financial resources , limited options on growth ( financial or otherwise ) limited fan base.

With that in mind , we should be mindful of the fact we are in the top flight where we want to be ,managing 2 cup finals ( winning one) several quarter finals and the decade we are in now is still one of our most successful in recent history.

The club with everything in place has been re-born in recent years , we are in our modern infancy and better times do lay ahead :)

It can't all be about the good or looking to blame , sometimes it's about acceptance of who we are and what we are achieving.

Thats not the point of the question .the point is would anyone in there right mind put money on us not being in the play off.

Well done Elvis, you have now demonstrated that you know nothing about betting to go along with knowing nothing about how to be positive.

To try to aid your understanding, I have a similar half-question for you;

Should St Mirren sell John McGinn?

Edited by bingboy

How do you know the club cant afford it?

And this is the crux of the matter,i would imagine we could accomodate the demands,wage wise,of plenty of very good managers,we could not,however,give him a budget he was used to.But there is no harm in sounding them out via their agents.If you dont ask you dont get and maybe we would get a pleasant suprise.Many on here are happy with the mantras "wee club" "staying up is all we can hope for" "do you honestly think butcher would come to us" "would bankrupt us" "one cup and not relegated,fantastic" Lets at least make a reasonable stab at ambition

7 pages of pure pish. Be careful what you wish for, we are not a big team. We budget every year to avoid the drop, DL has done that every season, and won a cup.

Those of you saying we should be in the top 6 , at the expense of who? Which top 6 team do we have a better squad than?

This is the sort of comment that really gets under my skin. I'm not advocating we should be in the top 6 every year. Every so often would be nice, like every other team that's spent any reasonable time in the top flight. Also, it would be nice to avoid the battle for the drop almost every year. I don't believe those are unrealistic expectations given a club of our size.

For the majority of Lennon's tenure we've needed a strong centre back and some genuine width and pace. In the final window, before his contract runs out, he brings in some width but, after letting a centre back go, still hasn't addressed the most glaring need in the team.

The football at the start of his tenure was really good at times and he was to be applauded for that but in the last year we've been dire. 8 wins since the Cup Final in all competitions? That is f**king horrible whatever budget you're working to and I feel there must be someone out there who could do better and that's why his time is up IMO.

Those of you saying we should be in the top 6 , at the expense of who? Which top 6 team do we have a better squad than?

That's a pretty stupid statement when you consider winning two vs Hearts & two vs Partick would have seen us top 6 just now. In each of those failures we looked poorly organised and lacking in confidence or ability. There were players in the matchday squad capable of winning, but Lennon just can't get it out of them.

Check the accounts

St mitten has a tight budget and a deficit 

We would all love to see a new manager with loads to spend but we can only get that on credit

Totally agree that having loads to spend is something id love to see but regardless of the defecit that could easily be avoided as looking at a potential new manager as an investment rather than an expense may be another way of looking at it.

The difference between 11th and 10th is approx 80k. Say the "new manager" is on at most 3k per week and thats pushing it, the defecit would be increased by approx 50k including any shitty add ons. Which means if our pitential new man can stear us clear of relegation then a 30k profit on what we invested. Dl would be paid off and up until contract end so no extra expense. If Tc goes too then we may be looking at 1 place to break even.

On to playing staff...

Bring in any decent free agent cb we can lets just say pay him 3k which is a club high earning bracket until end of the season. This could be the difference between 11th and maybe up as high as 7th or 8th. Extra 150k + which could be profit.

I do realise what i put across here if done could easily backfire but the damages would be minimal and im sure it makes both footballing and business sense in the clubs present situation to make some change.

It's not about team performance any more.

It's not about Danny's personality in or out of the dugout.

It's not about having money to spend.

It's not about the cup game.

It's about basic forward planning.

If Danny's not bring given a contract, there's a third of a league season to let a new man assess the squad and, for once, get a headstart before a new season.

I genuinely can't understand the desperation to keep a manager who's not going to be here in 4 months time?

Edited by JP87