Lennon Out

Or the mighty Gretna that another manager faced.

You mean mighty Gretna who only lost the 2006 Scottish Cup final on penalties while still in the lower leagues, thus qualifying for Europe? (A feat we haven't achieved for 26 years)

With the players Danny has at his disposal we should be nowhere near the play-offs. His further efforts at strengthening his squad has also ended in abject failure and are there for all to see. What we are seeing now , as far as Danny is concerned , is too little , too late !

Dearie me, aye ok, if you like. snore.gif

He's right. Many do hold that opinion.

Of course the fact that this fact is factually correct doesn't mean that the other fact which they believe is a fact is, in fact, a fact.

Or not. Something along those lines. I may have become slightly confused.

He's right. Many do hold that opinion.

Of course the fact that this fact is factually correct doesn't mean that the other fact which they believe is a fact is, in fact, a fact.

Or not. Something along those lines. I may have become slightly confused.

Indeed, hence the reason I bailed out.

All subjective, so, IMO, not a fact.

Fcuk it, now I'm confused. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

With the players Danny has at his disposal we should be nowhere near the play-offs. His further efforts at strengthening his squad has also ended in abject failure and are there for all to see. What we are seeing now , as far as Danny is concerned , is too little , too late !

With the finances Hibs have at their disposal, and having brought in a new manager - who would have been many fan's choice to replace Danny - are we not doing reasonably well to be above them in the league, and also ahead of Killie who have superior resources?

As for too little, too late, 7th is not too little, and until the remaining three games have been played, it is not too late for five of the bottom six clubs to avoid the drop.

correct Billy.

This threads a pile of pish, well seeing the usual suspects are nowhere to be seen.

7th in the league with 3 very winnable games left, I personally think 2 wins will be enough to get us 7th place.

One Danny Lennon

Ironic considering your convenient absences.

Despite Lennon calling for a renewal to his contract last December none has been forthcoming and I trust this Indian summer to his tenure will not change this.

No new contract, best for all parties.

Ironic considering your convenient absences.

Despite Lennon calling for a renewal to his contract last December none has been forthcoming and I trust this Indian summer to his tenure will not change this.

No new contract, best for all parties.

Well thats dependent on how successful his successor is.

Play offs are still gonna be here next year. With a much greater list of potential opponents than this year.

Just remember that Gus had a season and a half in division 1

Indeed.

His starting point was a third successive battle against relegation to the Second Division, £3 million debt and no training facilities.

Lennon's starting point was our highest league finish in over 20 years, no debt and brand new training facilities.

Well thats dependent on how successful his successor is.

Play offs are still gonna be here next year. With a much greater list of potential opponents than this year.

Let's start with the mismanagement of the 2013 summer transfer window which we entered with the nucleus of a decent squad yet failed to strengthen our well known deficiencies leading to panic signings just prior to the window closing in August. It then took Lennon too long to work out his best side and he has not been able to get the team to perform to an acceptable level when this unit has not been available.

Almost unbelievably an even worse transfer window followed in January 2014 when he let Mair go to key rivals then dropped his signature signing Campbell for players who have yet to match his opening burst of 2 goals in 4 games between them and culminating in the late addition of EDD. No cover at LB, only JG (perhaps no-one after Thursday) to cover our two erratic CH's. IMO the recent upsurge in form is more in-spite off than due to Lennon.

We now await JG's red card appeal this week and I personally dread the outcome if it is not favourable for us, what are the options - the return of EDD, starting McGennis or with Teale clearly not considered fit to go 90 minutes do we play Wylde and Campbell on either wing and in that case which of our other midfielders do we drop?

.............and let's face it, in the event of Lennon getting a new contract the 2014/15 Lennon Out threads won't be long in appearing!

All in all, like I said an amicable split is the best option.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Indeed.

His starting point was a third successive battle against relegation to the Second Division, £3 million debt and no training facilities.

Lennon's starting point was our highest league finish in over 20 years, no debt and brand new training facilities.

... and a lower budget...

... and bores like you who are still in love with Gus

Let's start with the mismanagement of the 2013 summer transfer window which we entered with the nucleus of a decent squad yet failed to strengthen our well known deficiencies leading to panic signings just prior to the window closing in August. It then took Lennon too long to work out his best side and he has not been able to get the team to perform to an acceptable level when this unit has not been available.

Almost unbelievably an even worse transfer window followed in January 2014 when he let Mair go to key rivals then dropped his signature signing Campbell for players who have yet to match his opening burst of 2 goals in 4 games between them and culminating in the late addition of EDD. No cover at LB, only JG (perhaps no-one after Thursday) to cover our two erratic CH's. IMO the recent upsurge in form is more in-spite off than due to Lennon.

We now await JG's red card appeal this week and I personally dread the outcome if it is not favourable for us, what are the options - the return of EDD, starting McGennis or with Teale clearly not considered fit to go 90 minutes do we play Wylde and Campbell on either wing and in that case which of our other midfielders do we drop?

.............and let's face it, in the event of Lennon getting a new contract the 2014/15 Lennon Out threads won't be long in appearing!

All in all, like I said an amicable split is the best option.

Yes and despite all of the above, we are still in the drivers seat to secure a possible 7th place finish. Ahead of managers such as Butcher, Adams and Johnston.

Say we finish 7th or 8th...and do part ways with Lennon. Do you not concede that the club stands to look pretty foolish should we be in 11th or 12th position after the 1st round of fixtures with a new man at the helm.

Yes and despite all of the above, we are still in the drivers seat to secure a possible 7th place finish. Ahead of managers such as Butcher, Adams and Johnston.

Say we finish 7th or 8th...and do part ways with Lennon. Do you not concede that the club stands to look pretty foolish should we be in 11th or 12th position after the 1st round of fixtures with a new man at the helm.

Nothing's secured yet this season - but yes it's a risk I would take.

The mention of Rangers was in a league context.I take it you are aware of Lennons league record against Celtic ? Do you have no comment on that ? THAT was what Im talking about, and I didnt spew it either.

Couldn't give a flying f@ck - rather have the cup win thanks.

A risk you would take hmmm and what exactly would you be risking?

As mentioned by NeilPar72 and contained within my reply to his post the potential of being in a lower position at the end of the first "quarter" of next season than we finish this one.

If you are pursuing the obtuse line of argument that it's not my decision to take then that invalidates any and all constructive suggestions that might be suggested within the forum and we might as well leave it to the likes of shull & faraway saint.

Edited by Bud the Baker