Our Club Banning Motherwells Drum

Maybe some of you have already heard this but for the match on Saturday our club have banned motherwells drum from attending the match , what's everyone's opinion on this ?

Mines personally is that it's a pretty bad idea to do because Scottish football is lacking atmosphere at matches fair enough you don't need musical instruments to create atmosphere but it's still something that they feel is right , I remember back in the day of being part of the Supras where the aim and objective was to create atmosphere at st.mirren games unfortunately it ended all sour and since then our ground has been pretty much like a graveyard.

Adds next to nothing in terms of atmosphere IMO, that drum is almost as annoying as the rattlers that the kids in the family stand used to insist on swinging about for 90 minutes.

If fans want to create an atmosphere, then it should be by getting behind the players through chants & shouting at Marc McAusland.

It's the kind of decision that is turning fans away from football stadiums because of the treatment people are recieving by the authority , not all people believe in the old fashioned football supporting way by chanting team songs but people tend to just shout and swear at the players for 90 minutes yes we are not happy but should be supporting our club at the same time

It's a bloody nuisance but not nearly as bad as a vuvuzela. And were you ever at a West Indies cricket match where calypso music was played non stop for over six hours? Would drive you to drink. Mind you, there's probably worse things happen at sea.

It's the kind of decision that is turning fans away from football stadiums because of the treatment people are recieving by the authority , not all people believe in the old fashioned football supporting way by chanting team songs but people tend to just shout and swear at the players for 90 minutes yes we are not happy but should be supporting our club at the same time

if it turns yon fecker with the drum away from the game then i'm happy

The most entertaining part of the original poster's original post on this here thread is the part when the original poster refer's to the supra's as "back in the day".

For me "back in the day" conjours up memories of rationing and getting the belt at school and doing nothing on a Sunday and walking places instead of driving and going to the pictures to see the news and horses pulling carts up and down new street the Summer cup win and Mr Dan McGarry ruling the wings for our club.

Anyway I do not see why we need to let this drum issue get under our skin or indeed get remotely tight about it at all. The worst thing that can happen is we get beaten and if so our manager can "stick it". I can see why we are solo in this instance but as it is a matter of time before such instruments get band altogether such an issue is nothing but music to my ears.

Edited by TediousTom