St Mirren V Hearts Top League

shull

Thought it was a missed opportunity for 7th today, but in saying that I remember turning tomy mate at the game against the fakes and saying to him at this moment I would go to the last day of the season and hope for a win against hearts at home to secure safety, we never needed that so a good end to a pretty poor season.

Personally I wouldn't mind Danny getting 18 months to a 2 year contract, he must have learned a lot this season, we've got a reasonable keeper to start next year, the back 4 will all be there although we need a new CB, with Goodwin, McGinn, Wylde and hopefully Newton back as Newcastle have released him from what I hear and Thommo and Gowser (can't see him leaving) we will have a decent start of a squad, with a bit of help for Danny in the transfer market we could improve, but it's all about the summer, the fans know what we need and hopefully if Danny stays he will know what's needed. We play some very nice stuff at times and I would hate a new manager come in and turn us back into a bore fest.

Overall it wasn't a great season but it could have and looked like it would have been a lot lot worse, Danny turned it around and deserves credit for the changes he made during the season.

Onwards and upwards

Very enjoyable match.

Great attendance

Fantastic atmosphere

Superb away support ( and very f*cking noisy, nae kip for me today )

Brilliant reception for our magic team and management after the match.

Phil in top form also.

Total class regarding reading out names of those Buddies & Jambos who had passed away.

Cannae wait for Season 2014/15 with Danny & Tommy still in charge and also the present Board of Directors staying as the perfect custodians of our wonderful Club.

Over & Oot clap.gif

To add, was my 3 year old Grandson's first match, he had the time of his life although i cannae mind him watching any of the game..His poor Mum never got a minute's peace.

Edited by shull

One minor downside, the jessification of Scottish Football continues.

Like the fairies from Partick & Ross County, quite a few Hearts players were falling down with nobody touching them and once when no St Mirren player was near them.

Cheating ponces.

Thoroughly enjoyed it today. Hearts fans utterly brilliant. Saints fans shockingly silent. Typical Saints display I thought, better than the opposition by quite a distance but just seem incapable of making superiority count. I don't like to pick out players but will make an exception on last day of he season to say McCausland was excellent, (never said that before) as was Teale and McGregor .Honourable mentions for Wylde, Goodwin and Newton (first half). Should have won it .

Strange attendance figures with not barely an empty seat to be seen.

Saw the new shirt on a few bodies - it's terrible, who signed that off?

Oh, and we sat in the Main Stand and barely heard a sweary word, most refreshing.

Er. that's it.

I thought our biggest problem today was similar to what I've seen on a few of the games on TV more recently.

Our midfield sits far too deep and is too detached from the lone striker. This makes holding onto the ball up front incredibly hard, and allows the opposition too much space and time on the ball.

If you're playing one up, he needs to be properly supported. Too often today we were too slow to get numbers forward.

I liked a lot of the Saints on show today but the following deserve a special mention:

Dilo - excellent keeper

Wylde - cracking winger

McGinn - class above when he came on

You've just had your hole haven't you, either that or you've just seen a dog get ran over by

a car, your never usually in such a joyous mood.....

just back from the game, decent performance really, Cheesy and McGregor were solid, Wylde was good as well, saw Mick Harford going in to the main stand, currently head of recruitment at Millwall. Really good round of applause at the start! Decent crowd as well.