New Contract For Lennon - Got To Be 2 Years

If Danny gets the go-a-head and things start badly in the new season, he's going to be under immense pressure and that's going to rub-off on team morale. Whereas, if we have a new manager and things start badly then he'll be given a honeymoon period to rectify performances.

If the poll in these pages are anything to go by then its neck and neck. I don't think that's a good enough mandate from the fans to offer him a new contract. We need a new beginning for the club not a sympathy card of a contract

If the poll in these pages are anything to go by then its neck and neck. I don't think that's a good enough mandate from the fans to offer him a new contract. We need a new beginning for the club not a sympathy card of a contract

Seriously? You callous bastard!

You want to meet the man face to face and tell him you think he should be unemployed because you don't think enough people approve?

Fans don't appoint or sack managers! Our role is to support the team.

Even if we finished in top six there would still have been fans who would want DL removed. I would renew his contract and give him 2 years.

That's just absolute nonsense. If we finished 6th he'd have everyone behind him as we obviously wouldn't have been shite so often or lost as many times. If anything I'd give him one year and impose a few financial constraints around paying players off or knee jerk signings.

I've leaning towards the view that we should stick with DL, with a degree of trepidation.

I don't think we can afford a better manager without a negative effect on our playing budget.

There will most likely have to be a rather large rebuilding of the squad.

Could an inexperienced, affordable manager pull this off within budget?

If re-appointed, I'm hoping DL will have learned from his mistakes and maybe hold sway in persuading some of our players to re-sign.

Having said all that, in an ideal world, we could appoint a better manager on a much larger salary, who has better connections and tactical nous, but I really don't think this type of replacement is affordable.

It's hard to think that the supporters don't have at least something to do with the limbo Danny has been left in.

Everybody wanted him out the door since about September up until last month, the board would have seriously taken into consideration the prospect of binning him when his contract expires.

Now, he has somehow turned things around. Combine that with the fact that he always comes across as a lovely guy who has been an excellent representative of the club over the last four years many fans now want him to be given the benefit of the doubt and be given a year long extension. The board are likely now taking this into consideration as well.

Of course there other factors about potential buyouts etc.

It is a very unfortunate turn of events. As I've said elsewhere on here, I find myself thinking "meh" regarding whether he stays or goes.

If someone becomes available then fantastic if not and we stand by Danny then he will get us to safety by the skin of our teeth again.

That's just absolute nonsense. If we finished 6th he'd have everyone behind him as we obviously wouldn't have been shite so often or lost as many times. If anything I'd give him one year and impose a few financial constraints around paying players off or knee jerk signings.

... but what if we finished 6th on 40 points but still behind ICT, St Johnstone and Motherwell?

I don't remember everyone wanting him out since September. I remember a few folks who wanted him sacked either side of the cup win, and who began their campaign to oust DL during the pre-season friendlies and who intensified the campaign in August and predicted Hearts would overtake us by October unless Danny was sacked. I also remember in March and April people said DL should be binned before the split and then before the play-offs to avoid Danny relegating us. I don't remember huge numbers of Saints fans being in this loony fringe who got it consistently wrong all season though. Danny never relegated us, Danny never had us finishing in the play off spot, Hearts never overtook us and we survived just fine with Lee Mair, Graham Carey, Dougie Imrie and Craig Slater playing for other teams (especially when the received wisdom is Kris Boyd single-handedly kept Killie up).

It's hard to think that the supporters don't have at least something to do with the limbo Danny has been left in.

Everybody wanted him out the door since about September up until last month, the board would have seriously taken into consideration the prospect of binning him when his contract expires.

6th place has 53 points...

And last year when we finished 11th on 41 points Dundee United finished 6th with 6 more points than us. This year we finished 2 points worse off than last year but 3 places higher... due to Aberdeen, Dundee United and Celtic all taking more points off the bottom 6 teams than they did last year.

Let's imagine that maybe St Johnstone don't hang on to Stevie May this summer and that Dundee United and Aberdeen lose a few key players during the summer and ICT don't get the same great start they had last season when Butcher was at the helm. The gap between the bottom 6 teams and the lower half of the top 6 could easily shorten again.

Lets say we do improve my 5 or 6 points and finish 6th but are still behind most of St Johnstone, Ross County, ICT, Motherwell again will fans really be happy that we have improved 2 places but not much in terms of points, especially if there are no cup runs?

And last year when we finished 11th on 41 points Dundee United finished 6th with 6 more points than us. This year we finished 2 points worse off than last year but 3 places higher... due to Aberdeen, Dundee United and Celtic all taking more points off the bottom 6 teams than they did last year.

Let's imagine that maybe St Johnstone don't hang on to Stevie May this summer and that Dundee United and Aberdeen lose a few key players during the summer and ICT don't get the same great start they had last season when Butcher was at the helm. The gap between the bottom 6 teams and the lower half of the top 6 could easily shorten again.

Lets say we do improve my 5 or 6 points and finish 6th but are still behind most of St Johnstone, Ross County, ICT, Motherwell again will fans really be happy that we have improved 2 places but not much in terms of points, especially if there are no cup runs?

Let's say, let's imagine, let's kid on...

6th place this season has 53 points. We're a long way off the pace.

I am afraid that my report card would read..

Thanks for all your hard work Danny we have had some wonderful times under your tenure especially the cup triumph but......

Your absolute shocking dealings in the transfer market (probably) wasting thousands on terrible players,

The fact we are about as consistent as a constipated IbS sufferer.

Please enjoy your summer holidays whilst looking for a new employer.

I am afraid that my report card would read..

Thanks for all your hard work Danny we have had some wonderful times under your tenure especially the cup triumph but......

Your absolute shocking dealings in the transfer market (probably) wasting thousands on terrible players,

The fact we are about as consistent as a constipated IbS sufferer.

Please enjoy your summer holidays whilst looking for a new employer.

Shite patter.

Seriously? You callous bastard!

You want to meet the man face to face and tell him you think he should be unemployed because you don't think enough people approve?

Fans don't appoint or sack managers! Our role is to support the team.

Hey, have less of the, 'callous'.

Go back and try and understand my post if your English will allow it.

I believe a lot of the support only have one big problem with Danny - his appalling dealings in the transfer market. Maybe we need someone else to be a (part-time ?) Direcor of Football to identify and bring in players and let Danny do what he is good at - bringing in young players and winning Cups :)