Stewart Gilmour On Sportsound

VERY cagey. Decision to be made by the board in the next couple of days . Going by that I would say Danny more likely to go than stay.

He also said that decisions will be made on the whole season and not just the last few games

i think its curtains for Danny (hope they know what they are doing)

I find it strange that SG would agree to be interviewed live on the radio when it is obvious that he would be quizzed on something he probably wouldn't want to be drawn on this week. Awkward for him and awkward for DL too.

I find it strange that SG would agree to be interviewed live on the radio when it is obvious that he would be quizzed on something he probably wouldn't want to be drawn on this week. Awkward for him and awkward for DL too.

Softening the blow for DL perhaps. As well as potential criticism.

I think it was fairly obvious that when a contract wasn't forthcoming that Danny was for the elbow. Couldn't sack him as probably couldn't afford the compensation.

To be fair to Danny - if he does indeed go - he has always conducted himself very well and talked up the team and the fans. Lots of respect for the guy but ambivalent about such a crazy see-saw season.

Don't appreciate the timing of the interview to be honest- right before tonight's game- could he not have politely declined and let the focus be on the game? If the BoD are meeting tomorrow why not come out and speak after that? Most fans will want to thank DL for his efforts on Saturday- I can't remember a nicer manager being in charge (and yes, we know results haven't been great and it's been a roller-coaster) but he's been a great ambassador for our club and conducted himself admirably at times. I don't want another young manager in who has to learn on the job when we've been through this a few times before.....

I know many don't agree would LOVE to see Thomo take over as manager he is all there and a bit more also sure he has his badges the only way he would have them is because he wants into management my opinion is he will go far in the game.

I agree with you, I would love to see him take over aswel, would imagine he has some very good contacts in the game.

If Danny goes it will be with his head held high. A great guy that talks up the club and the fans at every opportunity. We will do well to get a better Manager. History will judge him well. However he made some horrendous mistakes in managing the squad and once again we have a load of players out of contract and I would worry at Danny's ability to replace them.

I know many don't agree would LOVE to see Thomo take over as manager he is all there and a bit more also sure he has his badges the only way he would have them is because he wants into management my opinion is he will go far in the game.

Think he needs to focus more on being a centre forward right now. Not sure if he is actually carrying an injury but his performances of late haven't been anywhere near the standard he's set himself.

Most players who have their heads screwed on do their badges in their late 20's, early 30's - a sensible precaution. Then along comes media work and all the spin-offs from there can lead to a very comfortable income without losing sleep over all the crap that football management brings. Don't assume that he wants into management - he plays the guitar, perhaps he wants to form a band?