St Mirren's New Manager Is Tommy Craig

We need someone available who has perhaps just lost their job.. We need someone who the St Mirren fans can relate to. We need someone who knows what St Mirren is all about. Only one candidate then. Alan Provan.

Got 50/1 on him at PaddyPower.

Don't really fancy anyone from the Deadpool of managers summarizing on the radio so it's gotta be Ian Murray for me - as I posted elsewhere he's out of contract at the end of the season so compensation should be minimal.

What's the deal with Tommy Craig - does he still have time to run on his contract, will he be hanging around unwanted until it expires.

Really don't want John Collins who has made his money during his playing career and has a track record of walking away from the clubs he had managed when the going gets tough.

He was competent enough to be assistant to Chris Coleman in the Welsh National Team.

I read a lot of his stuff and think he talks a lot of sense about the game.

Just my opinion, I reckon he's a good candidate.

He was competent enough to be assistant to Chris Coleman in the Welsh National Team.

I read a lot of his stuff and think he talks a lot of sense about the game.

Just my opinion, I reckon he's a good candidate.

If I,d been Chris Colemans number two I,d keep that quiet.

Not been mentioned much but I would definitely be considering Steve Lomas.

Rebuilt a St Johnstone team with some seemingly average players (Cregg, Nigel, Gary Miller, Steven Maclean, Tade, Rowan Vine) and took them to 3rd in the league and Europe.

And yet the Saintees still hated him...

Guys a bit of a bawbag by all accounts

And yet the Saintees still hated him...

Guys a bit of a bawbag by all accounts

Aye, bit of a zoomer, was he not?

I'm sure there were allegations of something sinister afoot during his spell in Perth, though no idea what that was all about, or if there was any substance to it.

Owen Coyle would be a good shout. Good working relationship with Thommo, knows plenty about the Scottish scene, and would bring a fair bit of managerial experience to the job.

Obviously a long-shot cost-wise, but he has had a wee lay-off, so might embrace a new challenge to re-ignite his career. He would come with decent contacts, and some personal and professional gravitas.

Can't see it, however.

Agree 100% especially the contacts part. He must have a wealth of knowledge well outwith the boundaries of cowdenbeath.

Can't believe anyone voted for Ian Murray never mind 9 (as of yet)..

Exactly what our club needs an untried inexperienced gamble to take us to the

next level, what a joke.... FFS guys get a grip...

Hope the BoD don't see this thread, they'll be rubbing their hands at the thought of our fans

being happy with a cheap option again..... unbelievable...