St Mirren Squad 2014/2015

Not sure. He didnt specify tbh. He seemed to have a fair idea who was going and who was getting punted from the out of contract boys so maybe he meant 8 in addition to the resigned players.

I'd imagine so as there's 14 out of contract. Our squad really can't afford a net loss of 6 players, I wouldn't think. I can see us keeping 3 or 4 on and bringing in 8 new faces.

2 keepers (dependant on Dilo)

A centre half

2 wing backs for backup

A right mid

2 centre forwards

Saints have some history trying to sign World Cup stars. Alex Smith had agreed a £100,000 deal for Oleg Blokhin but the Board turned him down.

I was under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that this deal fell through due to work permit issues and not because the board vetoed it.

Will be interesting to see where the signings come from. There have been so many recently from outside of Scotland that haven't worked out. Perhaps TC will focus more on players in our own leagues.

Lyle Taylor, Kane Hemmings, Callum Morris??

Stevenson would be an ideal replacement for McLean, but you can see him heading to maybe Motherwell or Aberdeen.

Good to hear Tommy getting straight to work sorting out those he wants to keep and those going and coming. We have been slow in this department in the past picking up the dregs in some cases so to speak

Wonder if Tommy will get a game arranged with Newcastle that wood be good

Kello is retiring so, he is definately away. I think we have to sign an experience goalkeeper (Jamie MacDonald) as two young keepers might not be the best idea.

Vanzy is off, he has confirmed this.

Chairman confirmed last night McLean has been offered a new deal, a "Super" deal.... We will need to wait and see but my money is on him going to the championship.

Hopefully Mr Craig can get a Gem from the championship and not a Gareth Wardlaw type player.

We need a winger... Ryan Stevenson hopefully. Can't remember the last time St Mirren had width on the Right and the Left. Next season Gregg Wylde will be an important player. A midfield with him, goody, mcginn, mcgowan and stevenson would be a good midfield.

Hans Vukic from Newcastle is a good young striker, would like to see us try a loan deal for him

Saturday

Given the way his season went I reckon there is a decent chance McGowan may stay if offered a deal. His form may have frightened a few suiters off.

Given the way his season went I reckon there is a decent chance McGowan may stay if offered a deal. His form may have frightened a few suiters off.

Clubs certainly know what McGowan is capable of. Given his off field problems this year I'm not surprised he was not focused all season. You can't say he had a bad season just that fans now have high expectations. Will be very surprised if we can hold onto such a great talent

New management team with new ideas will hopefully see us address the issues that have plagued us in recent memory. Any successful team needs a strong spine IMO so we should start there.

We must have an experienced keeper, a strong centre back, playmaker in the middle and a 15 goal striker. At present we've only got one of those positions covered so there's work to be done.

Then we need cover at both full back positions. That's going to be tricky as both boys probably deserve to start next season but how do you convince any experienced pro to come to the club to back up a guy with less than a season under his belt?

I'd try to keep McGregor as, whilst he's probe to the odd mistake, he's got pace and strength which are good qualities and I'd like to see him paired up with the aforementioned strong centre back with McAusland as back up.

Midfield may need the most work depending on who stays so that's up in the air at the moment.

Two strikers to vie for the role of supporting Thommo are an absolute must.

Sorted. top 6 beckons!

Think we'll keep Mcgowan as there's not gonna be a whole lot of interest given the relatively poor season he's had.

I wouldn't bother trying to get Newton, I'm guessing he would be a high earner and as much as he has been good in patches he isn't worth it.

Keep Mcgregor

Keep Mclean if we can but I doubt it

Keep Vanzy if he's not asking for too much money

Keep Dilo, let Magennis go

if we can get Campbell back on loan then great but lets play him this time.

Keep Yaqub and Brady assuming they are cheap

Get rid of Djemba^2

Let Kello go, Dilo is just as good

Sign a striker or 2, a CB or 2, a right winger and a backup keeper and we're sorted thumbup2.gif

Don't know if mentioned elsewhere but Magennis, Vernon and Weaver have been released by the Dons.

Can't really remember who weaver is but I'd probably take Vernon or maybe Magennis as a squad player.

Thoughts?

Edit: just saw speculation thread, my apologies.

Edited by sm74