Mcgregor Signs For Sevco - Confirmed

Apologies if I'm missing it but not seen mention of this story saying McGregor has had talks with Hearts,

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-hold-talks-with-gomis-and-mcgregor-1-3421549

Great bunch of comments from League one fans thinking they should be signing better and questioning who he is....just like their

2nd liquidation headed big brothers.

Wouldn't be happy to be left with one inconsistent Centre half on the books.

There was a rumour that was rubbished on here during the week that McGregor and Gomis were at Riccarton and were in talks. Seems it was true after all !

I'm assuming McGregor isn't one of out top earners so not a lot to gain in that department but I wouldn't be too upset if he goes, he's a professional and this is his living so if he gets a chance to earn more good for him.

I'd hope we could get someone of equal, if not better, quality if he goes.

Money will talk - if Hearts can up his offer from Saints then I'm sure he will be offski.

I like McGregor so it would be disappointing, especially as we stood by him with his injuries and could have dumped him!

If he does go, then he will be replaced. Like all of our squad, they are all replaceable (apart from the Hawk!) :)

Didn't Goodwin talk to Hibs a while back? Doesn't surprise me if McGregor (or anyone) was talking to other clubs. It's what agents and players do. It's modern football and we need to roll with the punches.

I would like McGregor to stay. He's one of our better players and has recovered pretty well from bad injuries. Having met him, he seemed like a good lad too. If he goes though, he goes. Not a lot we can do with agents hawking clients around looking for the best deal.

Personally speaking, if he does go - why hold it against him and say he hasn't shown us loyalty? We got a good player for peanuts from Cowdenbeath and he served us pretty well, despite injury. He's been a success - want me to name some failures we signed since Danny took over?

Best wishes Darren, wherever you end up.

Considering that the manager who brought McGregor to Saints has been stabbed in the back by the new manager, who can blame him for wanting to leave?

The danger with the new management team is that stabbing folk in the back seems to be okay and we now have a 63 year old in charge with minimal actual management experience.

Its a recipe for disaster!

Considering that the manager who brought McGregor to Saints has been stabbed in the back by the new manager, who can blame him for wanting to leave?

The danger with the new management team is that stabbing folk in the back seems to be okay and we now have a 63 year old in charge with minimal actual management experience.

What a load of utter nonsenses and fine well you know it Andy. St Mirren offer three grand a month more than Hearts what do you think McGregor is going to say. He would sign for Saints every time because the bottom line is money.

Have said since the end of the season I fully expect McGregor and Gowser to leave simply because they will pick up a bigger salary else where. However not sure what Hearts will be able to pay would be surprised if they can pay more when Lady Hearts has to be paid back her loan.

I'm more interested in who comes in. Players leave players and come in, thats the case nowadays, they will be replaced. The important thing is to get them in early. If current players won't commit to us in a reasonable amount of time,move them on. It's what is good for the club not players. They have no commitment to clubs it's all about the money. We should be ruthless with agents.

I'm more interested in who comes in. Players leave players and come in, thats the case nowadays, they will be replaced. The important thing is to get them in early. If current players won't commit to us in a reasonable amount of time,move them on. It's what is good for the club not players. They have no commitment to clubs it's all about the money. We should be ruthless with agents.

This.

We don't want to be hostages to fortune on account of players dragging their heels. Certainly not players who are far from indispensable, such as Darren.

Stabbed in the back...hahaha, good grief.

Re the bold.... not quite accurate Bella..!

Tommy managed to go most of last night without getting up for a pee!

I read the article in the evening news yesterday. Darren is quite entitled to look at all his options. Its a two way thing. He has done ok for a late developer and getting over two horrendous injuries. He was 24 when he went full time having played for newtongrange and then Cowden hence he has missed a lot of early years coaching. Good luck to him whatever decision he makes but yes he does owe us big time.

So let me get this straight...

A team in a league below us can offer a player more money than we do?

2 ways to look at that

Ms Bulge is spreading the cash even thou she said she would be tight with the budget

or

our club/management dont rate DMG enough to offer him silly money

Well done our Board/management

So let me get this straight...

A team in a league below us can offer a player more money than we do?

2 ways to look at that

Ms Bulge is spreading the cash even thou she said she would be tight with the budget

or

our club/management dont rate DMG enough to offer him silly money

Well done our Board/management

Hearts are a big club with as support to match. They are going to be using young players that don't cost a lot with a couple of old heads according to BBC sport. Darren is hoped to be one of the experienced players. Though with him being a Hibs die hard and relegated will he sign for Hearts ?

Apologies if I'm missing it but not seen mention of this story saying McGregor has had talks with Hearts,

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-hold-talks-with-gomis-and-mcgregor-1-3421549

Great bunch of comments from League one fans thinking they should be signing better and questioning who he is....just like their

2nd liquidation headed big brothers.

Wouldn't be happy to be left with one inconsistent Centre half on the books.

So you would rather we keep him and have TWO inconsistent centre halfs ? Our money seemed to be good enough when he was sitting on his arse for months on end,if he wants to go then let him,obviously there will be calls for this "legend" to be given a "Dazza" night but who am i to argue