Mcgregor Signs For Sevco - Confirmed

Early days but based on Saturday's evidence Ellis Plummer is a better player than Darren McGregor.

Darren was always going to be easy enough to replace. He never regained the form he'd demonstrated prior to his two knee injuries. The last match I seen him play for us was away to Kilmarnock post-split and he was bloody awful. Decent lad who done us a turn, but, like McGowan, Harkins et al, he is now history.

Early days but based on Saturday's evidence Ellis Plummer is a better player than Darren McGregor.

I would agree, he's apparently a highly rated kid at the world's richest club. Unfortunately though, he's a Manchester City player, and the likelihood is that at the end of what could be a very impressive loan spell, he goes back to his parent club and we need to re-build another squad.

McGregor - I genuinely wish no ill. The boy was a signed-up St Mirren player, who was bloody unlucky with injuries or he could have been linked with the kind of move that McLean and McGinn will be. I like signed-up proper St Mirren employed players, and a loanee sprinkling on top.

Call me old fashioned.

I would agree, he's apparently a highly rated kid at the world's richest club. Unfortunately though, he's a Manchester City player, and the likelihood is that at the end of what could be a very impressive loan spell, he goes back to his parent club and we need to re-build another squad.

McGregor - I genuinely wish no ill. The boy was a signed-up St Mirren player, who was bloody unlucky with injuries or he could have been linked with the kind of move that McLean and McGinn will be. I like signed-up proper St Mirren employed players, and a loanee sprinkling on top.

Call me old fashioned.

I'm inclined to subscribe to this, but, given the number of 1 year deals that our players are signed up to, I suppose it doesn't make a great deal of difference in the final analysis. We have a constant rebuilding job in any event, though I concede the point that players on short deals can always be re-signed.

Certain loan players seem to pretty much class Saints as home when they join us (Conor Newton bing the obvious recent example), while others never seem to settle and remain a bit peripheral (eg: Adam Campbell - won't even mention Bahoken).

My main concern surrounding loan deals is the extent to which they impact on the opportunities for our own young lads to get 1st team football. Central defence has been a worry for us for more seasons than I care to remember, however, so a solid player slotting in there is most welcome regardless of his contractual status.

Call me old fashioned.

Perhaps having Plummer on loan for a year will fill the gap Darren McGregor left. I am sure Rangers will let him go and he could end up back with us when Plummer goes back to Man City.

Perhaps having Plummer on loan for a year will fill the gap Darren McGregor left. I am sure Rangers will let him go and he could end up back with us when Plummer goes back to Man City.

With all due respect to Darren McGregor, if the Franchise Allstars let him go - I wouldn't want him back at St Mirren.

A pre-injuries, pre-Franchise Darren McGregor... Yes please.

With all due respect to Darren McGregor, if the Franchise Allstars let him go - I wouldn't want him back at St Mirren.

A pre-injuries, pre-Franchise Darren McGregor... Yes please.

We will see, it's more about what TC thinks. Not too fussed one way or the other TBH.