All Time St Mirren Wasters & Shite Eleven

John Mowat was a class left back, one of my Saints Legends and in the nicest possible way - A CLASS A NUTTER !

Wish his daughter wid come back on and tell us how he's doing.

Not sure what its got to do with Tom Hendrie, he never arrived until 99, but did we not sign

a forward from arthurlie in the 90s who was pure honking....

Maybe that's who I'm thinking of. He was about 5 foot tall and dreadful.

Also, no honking Saints team can be without Kevin Twaddle or Tonet

Or, a wasted agent??

Bloody Monday night 6.05pm kick off ! Took the day off work to drive up from England & was a terrific atmosphere ( in a ground that on night games was great for that) after we went 2-1 up

The drive home was all the better for it , albeit our fate would soon be sealed.

John Mowat was a class left back, one of my Saints Legends and in the nicest possible way - A CLASS A NUTTER !

Wish his daughter wid come back on and tell us how he's doing.

First class, A genius with à sweet Glesga Kiss, cracking Wee left back with attitude.! punk.gifpunk.gif

Well done JM1 !

They are really shite Teams.

Most were crap although i liked wee Alex.

Really worked hard but was unlucky under the management of his uncle.

I think you'll find that he was very lucky to have his uncle as a manger. Alex Bone is the only striker that I can remember hitting the floodlights at Love Street with a shot!

1. Ally Hunter ( just widnae wave like Donald or catch a ball )

2. Fraser Wishart

3. Mark Reid

4. Ricky Gillies

5. Lex Baillie

6. Jim Beattie

7. Bert Ferguson

8. Tomas Stickroth

9. Gerry Creaney

10. Simon Lappin

11. Fanny Elliot

Manager - Cnut Hay

And there are probably hunners more ........

If any of these played for Saints in the Premier League then by definition this list is complete bollocks.

Edited to add:-

You're right about the manager, mind you.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

If any of these played for Saints in the Premier League then by definition this list is complete bollocks.

I'd say if they played in one of our two relegation teams then that should qualify - especially if they came with a large transfer fee and presumably a hefty salary which a number of shull''s picks did and underperformed. These threads often include young players coming into struggling teams during one of our stays in Division 1 which I think is a bit unfair - and really it's only a time-wasting thread until TC delivers the class of 2014/15.

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on Tommy - gie's a signin! bag.gif

I disagree with Ricky Gilliies and Simon Lappin especially.

In a team that should boast the likes of Bobby Law, Gary McVie and Jim Gardner I would assert that those two certainly do not deserve to be in that number. For our younger forum user's could Mo Camara merit inclusion?

I do hope you put some thought into that Shull and make the appropriate changes.

I don't agree Shullster. I really do not, do not agree at all.

Are you trying to tell me, me of all people, that Simon Lappin was a worse player on our left wing than Jim Gardner?

Is that what you are saying Shull? Is it really Shull? Shull? Come on now Shull is it? Really?

Don't worry, TT, it's just Shull trying to throw off the shackles or predictability and attemtping to be controversial instead. It's just a passing phase.

Edited to add:- forgot, he doesn't like tippy-tappy passing shite. It must be a hoof-up-the-park phase then.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Grant Inglis, I'm sure, got signed from either Neilston or Arthurlie. He was definitely not a waster and more often than not would throw himself into tackles.

It's pretty indicative of how bad things were, though, that a five feet three shortarse from the juniors was one of the more acceptable talents in the squad. To anyone who has no recollection of Saints pre-1999 I say "lucky bástards".

Stickroth is hardly an unearthed gem! We paid 400k for him...and that was in 1990 money! In return he scored 3 goals in 2 years.

To think we are in the position of having to sell McGinn for the same price now...