Responses To Brian Caldwell Updates

Since when has rain stopped play on a 3g pitch Shull?

You need to be looking for days where the temperature got down to -6C for the dome to have become worthwhile. I would have thought you of all people, with your comments about players wearing coloured football boots and carefully gelled hair would have been in complete agreement that a football player who doesn't want to get wet isn't really a footballer. After all if they are doing it properly they should be dripping with so much sweat they'd never notice the rain.

And that folks is exatly the attitude at grass roots level that has stopped football in this country moving on in the last 30 years. Winter weather in Scotland is minging and we will NEVER develope as a footballing nation while kids are asked (expected in your case) to practise outdoors during those months. The dome is an excellent facility and your negativity springs from a sense of rage that SMFC (a community club) created an excellent community facility that encourages youngsters to play football even in the depths of winter using grants / loans that they were 100% entitled to utilise. You are not an SMFC supporter so why on earth does this bother you. Why do you care if SMFC borrowed money from SMISA or if we applied for and were awarded grant money ? Any club the length and breadth of the country at any level are perfectly entitled to try something similar. You have mumped and moaned about the dome since the day it was built yet we have no real reason why. We have broken no rules and it's financial implications (if there are any) has no bearing on you what-so-ever so what is the issue ? Lets have the kids out in the freezing rain in the depths of winter and while you are at it let's get them back up the chimneys straight after - ffs man give it a rest !!!

And that folks is exatly the attitude at grass roots level that has stopped football in this country moving on in the last 30 years. Winter weather in Scotland is minging and we will NEVER develope as a footballing nation while kids are asked (expected in your case) to practise outdoors during those months. The dome is an excellent facility and your negativity springs from a sense of rage that SMFC (a community club) created an excellent community facility that encourages youngsters to play football even in the depths of winter using grants / loans that they were 100% entitled to utilise. You are not an SMFC supporter so why on earth does this bother you. Why do you care if SMFC borrowed money from SMISA or if we applied for and were awarded grant money ? Any club the length and breadth of the country at any level are perfectly entitled to try something similar. You have mumped and moaned about the dome since the day it was built yet we have no real reason why. We have broken no rules and it's financial implications (if there are any) has no bearing on you what-so-ever so what is the issue ? Lets have the kids out in the freezing rain in the depths of winter and while you are at it let's get them back up the chimneys straight after - ffs man give it a rest !!!

I think that's one of the best posts I've read on this forum.

And that folks is exatly the attitude at grass roots level that has stopped football in this country moving on in the last 30 years. Winter weather in Scotland is minging and we will NEVER develope as a footballing nation while kids are asked (expected in your case) to practise outdoors during those months. The dome is an excellent facility and your negativity springs from a sense of rage that SMFC (a community club) created an excellent community facility that encourages youngsters to play football even in the depths of winter using grants / loans that they were 100% entitled to utilise. You are not an SMFC supporter so why on earth does this bother you. Why do you care if SMFC borrowed money from SMISA or if we applied for and were awarded grant money ? Any club the length and breadth of the country at any level are perfectly entitled to try something similar. You have mumped and moaned since the day you were born about everything and anything, including the dome since the day it was built yet we have no real reason why. We have broken no rules and it's financial implications (if there are any) has no bearing on you what-so-ever so what is the issue ? Lets have the kids out in the freezing rain in the depths of winter and while you are at it let's get them back up the chimneys straight after - ffs man give it a rest !!!

Great post, just wanted to correct the above bit for you... lol.gif

If you delete the pish threads.....

That'll only leave the shite wans...!

It's pish irellevant posts (i.e. not questions) that should be deleted from this thread M'Lud.

Mods! Please feel free to delete this pish post!

I'd imagine a large number of games were called off in certain parts of England this year through inadequate drainage.

Or did I imagine those floods.

http://www.hertsandessexobserver.co.uk/Sport/Football/Ex-Football-League-referee-calls-for-switch-to-summer-football-as-pitches-flood-20140211182510.htm

http://www.technicalsurfaces.co.uk/a_rain_check_for_artificial_sports_pitches

Aside from the wind damage our Dome which took a few days to resolve our indoor facilities were available for approximately 360 days.

You are drowning in your own pish and sweat on this thread you lard arse clown.

Wishaw Sports Centre was open 363 days this year. Strange that. It was closed for Christmas Day and New Years Day. It doesn't have a roof and it has the added benefit of being an 11-a-side pitch.

In Lanarkshire participation in organised football is at an all time record high. Despite not having any inflatable tents to train at Wishaw Wycombe's number of registered players has risen from 80 when I first joined the club, to 395 on presentation night last month. Over at Cumbernauld Colts I'm told they've seen similar percentage increases and that they now have around 800 registered footballers. Other clubs around Lanarkshire are showing similar patterns. EKFC, Mill United, Westwood Rovers, Moorlands, all immediately spring to mind. Girls football is growing at an astronomical rate too.

The SFP shouldn't have been putting money into this blow up vanity project. Every penny of available funds should be put into ensuring there are enough floodlit 3g football pitches all around the country to cope and to take advantage of the growing demand.

In Lanarkshire participation in organised football is at an all time record high. Despite not having any inflatable tents to train at Wishaw Wycombe's number of registered players has risen from 80 when I first joined the club, to 395 on presentation night last month. Over at Cumbernauld Colts I'm told they've seen similar percentage increases and that they now have around 800 registered footballers. Other clubs around Lanarkshire are showing similar patterns. EKFC, Mill United, Westwood Rovers, Moorlands, all immediately spring to mind. Girls football is growing at an astronomical rate too.

The SFP shouldn't have been putting money into this blow up vanity project. Every penny of available funds should be put into ensuring there are enough floodlit 3g football pitches all around the country to cope and to take advantage of the growing demand.

Explain to me how wanting kids to play in the depths of winter without getting wet is a vanity project ???

Explain to me how wanting kids to play in the depths of winter without getting wet is a vanity project ???

Just put the fat ignorant f**k on ignore and save yourself the trouble of reading the inevitable pile of utter shite he'll post.

Another question for Brian...

This season just finished, we seemed to wear the yellow third kit a lot - including many fixtures where there was no kit clash. Having seen this seasons home kit close up in JD Sports, can you please ensure that the wearing of third kits when there is no need continues?

Thanks in advance.

You've deliberately changed the true meaning of that phrase just to cover your embarassment at me turning down your attempts to "fluff the oakster".

Do you have some friends or relatives who can comfort you at this difficult time?

[quame=rSlash" post=1186454" timestamp="1403111760]

Call me a cynic. But I'd not be surprised if there is a contractual agreement with JD Sports that the away top needs to be worn a certain number of times.

The line that is usually trotted out is that the players prefer playing in the Yellow tops.

This marketing ploy would make sense in a world where you could actually buy a top after October.

Edited by southside saint

Another two questions for Brian....

Will the stadium Hall of Fame inductees from 2013 (Lavety and Van Zanten) be installed this season?

Were there any Hall of Fame inductees at this seasons (2013-14) POTY Dinner and will they be incorporated?

There is a report from the POTY dinner and awards here http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=33304 but aside from a special award for Tommy Doc the groundsman no HoF descriptions.

I'm actually surprised Poz has not asked the first question.....maybe he is just tired of asking....

Indeed. I'm finished concerning myself with St Mirren and helping them out with graphics etc. If they want to update those boards I can supply them with B&S Visual Technologies phone number and they can deal with them directly themselves. I'm out.

Indeed. I'm finished concerning myself with St Mirren and helping them out with graphics etc. If they want to update those boards I can supply them with B&S Visual Technologies phone number and they can deal with them directly themselves. I'm out.

This is symptomatic of the things that are wrong at the club. They should not be acting in a way that pushes people away. Poz has done lots for them over a number of years, and now..............? A real shake up in the interaction with the support is needed - maybe this initiative from BC is the first step?

Edited because of bloody predictive text!!!

Edited by saint in exile

This is symptomatic of the things that are wrong at the club. They should not be acting in a way that pushes people away. Poz has done lots for them over a number of years, and now..............? A real shake up in the interaction with the support is needed - maybe this initiative from BC is the first step?

Edited because of bloody predictive text!!!

It's not just the inability or whatever you call it, to update those boards that has caused me to become so hacked off that I don't want to do any more stuff for them. There must be more to it than just those boards, eh? Indeed there is.

I'm sticking to buying my ST and cheering/groaning in disbelief at the team's on-field performances.

We've got Oaky n Dicko on here....... And they really are hilarious!

Mon' the Dome...!

I like that show that comes on after Homes Under The Hammer, the one where the we baldy guy comes on and sorts out yer consumer complaints and dodgy tradesmen... 'Don't Be A Dick, call Dom' !

I know that feeling...

It's not just the inability or whatever you call it, to update those boards that has caused me to become so hacked off that I don't want to do any more stuff for them. There must be more to it than just those boards, eh? Indeed there is.

I'm sticking to buying my ST and cheering/groaning in disbelief at the team's on-field performances.

Oh shit! Are you really Stuart Dickson?