Bernie's Cafe/deli

Herbie

Morning all. Realise this is a shameless plug but as Div is an all round top chap, I'm sure he won't mind.

My good lady wife and I have just become the owners of Bernie's Cafe /Deli in Bridge of Weir.

It's been a dream of ours for a while to own a place like this and it's finally happened, so we are naturally delighted.

It genuinely is a cracking place (we wouldn't have bought it otherwise), so please pop in and give us a go if you can.

We have a licence as well so bottled beers, cider and vino are available, as well as the usual cafe stuff.

We do have plans for the cafe, including Saints fan discounts (naturally) but will be running it as is for a while until we find our feet.

I believe our very own Sir Thommo of Hawk is a regular punter too. :-)

Look forward to seeing many of you in there. Pop in. We look after our own kind :-)

Cheers!

Herbie

http://www.berniescafedeli.com

(ps. The website needs updated)

Great news mate. I'll defo be popping in when I can.

I used to pop in there over the last few years on the way back from Kilmacolm Golf Club for breakfast. Haven't been in for a year or so but will pop in.

Busy wee place and I'm sure you'll do well.

Next time I'm playing on a Saturday or Sunday morning I'll defo pop for a bite to eat :)

Best of luck bud, hope it works out and is a great success.

Edited by davidg

All the very best for your venture, mate. I have great respect for folk who take a punt like this - it takes guts and a lot of hard work. I am sure you will make a fantastic job of it.

BoW is a bit out of the way for me but I will certainly pop in if I am in that neck of the woods.

A wee suggestion - if it isn't already, make your place cyclist friendly and promote it in the local press/online as such. There is some great biking country over there, and cyclists love their cafe stop.

Edited by Drew

Guest TPAFKATS

Hi Herbie, glad you found somewhere suitable. All the best to you and Mrs Herbie with it. Might encourage me out on my bike more...esp as it's licensed!

Best of luck Herbie with Bernie's.....

Perhaps a name change is in order of the cafe - call it "Herbs" - it will also work really well once the UK follow the USA and introduces legalised weed......

Peace and goodwill big chap.

Oh and if your website needs a makeover may I recommend the outstanding local firm http://bigfrontdoor.com/ run by another Saints fan!

Brilliant idea, bring the kids, get them stoned on the fumes, future customers, win/win. whistling.gif

I thought maybe you should have changed the name but it seems to have a good reputation so go with it.

Will pop in and try out.All I ask for is the best Mocha ever and the scones to be homemade!!!A good selection of cakes will keep my Mrs happy.

Have you packed in your job Herbie or will you juggle both to start with?

Slash makes a fine point above.:)

Cheers guys and gals. Not planning on changing the name in the short term as it is a really well established business but "herbie's" is definitely in the offing!

All the cakes are made on the premises from scratch HSS, so no issue there!

Also get loads of cyclists in already but definitely worth promoting that further. Watch this space.

Wish you all the success in the world mate.

I will be sure to pop in at some point soon and if you ever need any help with the website I know a guy who can help thumbup2.gif

Oh aye and if you need a cheesy or non cheese flavoured, web based film/promo/advert type thing to help reel 'em in, I also know a guy who can help. whistling.gif

Oh aye and if you need a cheesy or non cheese flavoured, web based film/promo/advert type thing to help reel 'em in, I also know a guy who can help. whistling.gif

Can we not keep Cheesy out of at least one thread, FFS!dry.png