Motherwell V St Mirren Spfl Premiership 9/8/13

shull

Someone on the official site saying that he's seen the incident on SKY goals on Sunday, with close ups and freeze frames, and that he's surprised it wasn't a straight red.

Must be from a different angle, as Alba's pics show nothing of note happening.

Alba's pictures are in Gaelic.

I couldnae fathom them oot. 1eye.gif

For Christ sake man make your mind up, in one post you're wanting me barred, in the next you are liking my post.

This is the two faced behaviour I cannot stand!!

Dafty Alert.

Mistaken Identity.

Naebody wants you barred .

You're the elder statesman of the Forum. lol.gif

FWIW I was talking to the linesman who was not involved in the Goodwin incident, think it would be the stand side, and he said that neither he, the referee or the 4th official saw the Goodwin incident but the other linesman was going mental over the comms link and brought the refs attention to the incident. He advised the ref that Goodwin had led with his elbow into the back of Sutton's head when they jumped for the ball. He did say that Teale had seen what had happened. Didn't ask about the first yellow card. He did say that he was impressed with Saints, particularly in the first half, and that we moved the ball about well and played some nice football. Looked very sharp and fit and if we had had a goalscorer it would not have been a surprise if we had gone in at half time 3 - 0 up.

Hopefully we can keep up the level of performance for Wednesday and give Hamilton a doing.

FWIW I was talking to the linesman who was not involved in the Goodwin incident, think it would be the stand side, and he said that neither he, the referee or the 4th official saw the Goodwin incident but the other linesman was going mental over the comms link and brought the refs attention to the incident. He advised the ref that Goodwin had led with his elbow into the back of Sutton's head when they jumped for the ball. He did say that Teale had seen what had happened. Didn't ask about the first yellow card. He did say that he was impressed with Saints, particularly in the first half, and that we moved the ball about well and played some nice football. Looked very sharp and fit and if we had had a goalscorer it would not have been a surprise if we had gone in at half time 3 - 0 up.

Hopefully we can keep up the level of performance for Wednesday and give Hamilton a doing.

I'm sure we'll see all the assistant referees being equally vigilant in spotting offences like this.dry.png

He was wrong then, as the pictures don't show him elbowing Sutton's head.

Nudging Sutton's upper back with his arm though, might not have got the reaction use of the words 'elbow' and 'head' would have.

Edited by Bobby_F

And yet among our own support on forums and facebook, our own 'supporters' were wanting the man hung drawn and quartered, being quick to condemn with no evidence.

We make it easy for others to condem him when we are quick to do the same.

There were plenty online saying he should never play for the club again. I thought he was a bit unlucky with the first booking, plenty of other players mistime a tackle and give away a foul without getting booked for a first foul of the game. Sending off incident is a shocker, a minor bit of jostling as a striker backs into a defender going for a high ball, no elbows, flying arms or shirt pulling involved... probably not even a free kick never mind a sending off.

Goodwin plays in an area of the park where its the players remit to try and dominate the area , and all sorts of scrapping goes on.

But a media campaign has had the focus on the tricks Goody gets up to , but not his opening , who seem to get away with winding him up.

Goodie didn,t have to make the first tackle for wjhich he got booked for , but in both instances , the Motherwell players milked the situation .

If I were managing Goodie I would first of all go to the media , and suggest that several players in other teams get away with a lot more than him , that he is fouled against more often than he is fouled , and certain players are cheating to get him sent off , and the media seem to turn a blind eyes to this.

I would also suggest that Goodie , starts to take a few rolls and do a bit of amatuar dramatics himself ,

Sutton and his brother before him have made a career out of backing into their opponent and 9/10 getting away with it. Not having a go at Sutton at all because it is all part of the game which is after all a physical contact sport. If you watch Sutton just as the ball is kicked he backs in to try and give himself a yard of space. I still say that Jim has been a bit unlucky, there has probably been countless similar incidents in games over the weekend which have not got a card or even a mention in the match report ...... I reckon the linesman has gone by the fans reaction behind him. However, media have captured it and he's now on a hiding to nothing from the referees. As someone mentioned already though, this situation is of his own making and he now needs to work out how best to resolve it ...... not throwing himself into needless challenges would maybe be a start unsure.png

eSutton and his brother before him have made a career out of backing into their opponent and 9/10 getting away with it. Not having a go at Sutton at all because it is all part of the game which is after all a physical contact sport. If you watch Sutton just as the ball is kicked he backs in to try and give himself a yard of space. I still say that Jim has been a bit unlucky, there has probably been countless similar incidents in games over the weekend which have not got a card or even a mention in the match report ...... I reckon the linesman has gone by the fans reaction behind him. However, media have captured it and he's now on a hiding to nothing from the referees. As someone mentioned already though, this situation is of his own making and he now needs to work out how best to resolve it ...... not throwing himself into needless challenges would maybe be a start unsure.png

As was shown last season afetr his ban he is not nearly as effective if he curtails his normal game. He was like a fish out of water for quite a few games. Only getting back to the old JG in the last few games. And, at that point, it appeared the refs had lightened up and gave him the benefit of the doubt. In fact. He was gaining fouls rather than being penalised.

Their is no solution if the referees are intent on micro-analyzing Jim's contribution.

Edited by stlucifer

Sutton and his brother before him have made a career out of backing into their opponent and 9/10 getting away with it. Not having a go at Sutton at all because it is all part of the game which is after all a physical contact sport. If you watch Sutton just as the ball is kicked he backs in to try and give himself a yard of space. I still say that Jim has been a bit unlucky, there has probably been countless similar incidents in games over the weekend which have not got a card or even a mention in the match report ...... I reckon the linesman has gone by the fans reaction behind him. However, media have captured it and he's now on a hiding to nothing from the referees. As someone mentioned already though, this situation is of his own making and he now needs to work out how best to resolve it ...... not throwing himself into needless challenges would maybe be a start unsure.png

He definitely hasn't. His first challenge is a yellow every day of the week and he does push his forearm in to Sutton's neck for the second. To me he's just anticipating Sutton backing right in to him and when he doesn't it's Jim who makes the contact.

He real defence here for it.