So Farewell.,..... Engurland! (Well...nearly)

stlucifer

They are now going through the process Scotland went through when we allowed money to ruin our top league.

England have further to fall and it will take longer because top teams there have more need of the money but they could face years of failure because their young guns are not getting top flight experience any more On the positive side, we'll be hearing less about 1966 from now on as reality kicks in that they have been over-performing for perhaps 10 years now.

Some of them do seem to have clicked now that the EPL isn't an English league. It's an international league which happens to be running in England. They have sold their entire youth for money and "glamour" and it's looking like a long recovery for them if they ever make it back to the top in international tournaments.

My message to the English is "welcome to the real world of footballing pain and failure".

It's not all over until the fat lady sings. Two wins for Italy and England to beat Costa Rica (three perfectly feasible results) could yet see them through. On the happier note, a draw or Costa Rica win tonight win condemn England to finish in last place in the group (which I have £4 on at 8-1).

It's not all over until the fat lady sings. Two wins for Italy and England to beat Costa Rica (three perfectly feasible results) could yet see them through. On the happier note, a draw or Costa Rica win tonight win condemn England to finish in last place in the group (which I have £4 on at 8-1).

Assuming Italy win tonight and England beat Costa Rica, Italy and Uruguay only need to draw and they both go through.

Very feasible that England still have a chance but would Italy and Uruguay run the risk of either of them getting knocked out or happily accept a point and qualification?

Assuming Italy win tonight and England beat Costa Rica, Italy and Uruguay only need to draw and they both go through.

Very feasible that England still have a chance but would Italy and Uruguay run the risk of either of them getting knocked out or happily accept a point and qualification?

As both matches are being played simultaneously Uruguay wouldn't know if they only need a draw. If Costa Rica beat England, Uruguay would go out with a draw against Italy.

As both matches are being played simultaneously Uruguay wouldn't know if they only need a draw./quote]

Do mobiles and radios not function in Brazil?

Before all that much depends on the outcome of the Italy-Costa Rica game.

I reckon Costa Rica have a really good chance of beating Italy.

Poofssaywit.

Price of air ticket to Brazil ............. 1,200 GBP

Price of footie ticket ........................ 60 GBP

Price of New Scotland Top ............. 55 GBP

Price of "See you Jimmy" hat .......... 8 GBP

Price Saltire Flag ......................... 6 GBP

>

>

>

>

>

>

Being spotted in the Uruguay end ................ Priceless !!!!! sorcerer.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

>

>

>

>

>

>

Being spotted in the Uruguay end ................ Priceless !!!!! sorcerer.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

In fairness that was a bit cringeworthy.

What's the bets the guy votes No.

Woo-Hoo !!!!

>

>

>

>

>

>

Funniest post for a long time.

Love it !

Bye then. Bad news for the company that makes wee St George flags that you stick on the window of your car.

Otherwise, fcuking great news. Now, time to enjoy the World Cup with Adrian Chiles and Gary Lineker shutting the fcuk up about Eng-er-land, and just talking about the game they're covering.

Bye then. Bad news for the company that makes wee St George flags that you stick on the window of your car.

Otherwise, fcuking great news. Now, time to enjoy the World Cup with Adrian Chiles and Gary Lineker shutting the fcuk up about Eng-er-land, and just talking about the game they're covering.

Do you really think Engerlund being knocked out will shut them up ? It will be a case of 'If Rooney's header had went in instead of hitting the bar'. If Costa Rica had lost to Italy' - not to mention all the players from other countries playing in the premier league.

Do you really think Engerlund being knocked out will shut them up ? It will be a case of 'If Rooney's header had went in instead of hitting the bar'. If Costa Rica had lost to Italy' - not to mention all the players from other countries playing in the premier league.

To be fair, in previous tournaments, I definitely remember the TV talking heads calming their jets and getting on with the games they were watching. It's been an excellent World Cup so far, I think it will be even more enjoyable now with the Eng-er-land bandwagon derailed so quickly.

I actually thought England played pretty well, with good spirit and effort. A bit unlucky really. Hey-ho. Them's the breaks.

They are now going through the process Scotland went through when we allowed money to ruin our top league.

England have further to fall and it will take longer because top teams there have more need of the money but they could face years of failure because their young guns are not getting top flight experience any more On the positive side, we'll be hearing less about 1966 from now on as reality kicks in that they have been over-performing for perhaps 10 years now.

Some of them do seem to have clicked now that the EPL isn't an English league. It's an international league which happens to be running in England. They have sold their entire youth for money and "glamour" and it's looking like a long recovery for them if they ever make it back to the top in international tournaments.

My message to the English is "welcome to the real world of footballing pain and failure".

In years gone by, I could identify every Englishman in their national team, watched the game against Uruguay and there were a couple of faces I didn't recognise. Are they pulling in players from Premiership subs benches or lower leagues?