James Marwood Signs

Flaw.................................thinking.......................you?

snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

If T.C thinks that a guy who went straight from a premiership youth academy to the non leagues is good business then it only reinforces why no one ever employed him as a manager .Loads of clubs scout the conference ,are we to believe T.C has seen something other clubs have missed ? of course not .We should have left him where he was

If T.C thinks that a guy who went straight from a premiership youth academy to the non leagues is good business then it only reinforces why no one ever employed him as a manager .Loads of clubs scout the conference ,are we to believe T.C has seen something other clubs have missed ? of course not .We should have left him where he was

Time will tell.

I'm inclined to go with TC rather than you. 1eye.gif

Just my opinion. bye1.gif

It gives us another option up front which is more we can say about last season. Only time will tell how well he will do for us... But give the guy a chance!!

Im sick of having to give our signings a chance,im really hoping we sign at least one guy we KNOW is reasonably good

Out of interest who would you sign for St Mirren?

Some of the greatest servants to have graced the stripes have come from lower leagues or the juniors.

Frank McGarvey - Kilsyth Rangers

Billy Stark - Anniesland Waverley

Stevie Clarke - Beith Juniors

Frank McAvennie - Johnstone Burgh

Ian Ferguson - Clyde

Each one of those players was sold on by our club for significant return.

We have signed and paid huge wages before for so called proven players and most have been failures.

This guy is at a good age. He seems hungry to improve and advance his career. He could be our equivalent of ICT Billy McKay.

Let's give him our SUPPORT.

Peter weir was also out of football completely for at least a year before going back to the amateurs, and then he joined saints

Some of the greatest servants to have graced the stripes have come from lower leagues or the juniors.

Ian Ferguson - Clyde

We have signed and paid huge wages before for so called proven players and most have been failures.

This guy is at a good age. He seems hungry to improve and advance his career. He could be our equivalent of ICT Billy McKay.

Beat me to it.

I remember years thinking who is Frank McAvennie or who is Mark Yardley when we signed them

Wasn't Fitzy with Pollok before signing for us and I'm sure there's a few others that we've forgotten were at lower leagues

Ian Ferguson - Clyde

He will have my unconditional support as always,doesnt alter the fact im disappointed

Firstly. I can't believe anybody is harking on about us taking a guy who played in a fairly successful side and managed 15 goals without even seeing him in action. We are not a rich club. We will very seldom attract proven, near top flight players unless they are either fans or on the wane.

So Saint0, and anyone else who whinges. FFS, Get real.

Let's give him a chance. He may not be a household name but if he can get goals that will do for me. We don't have a massive budget so we need to be careful when bringing in players. Lennon wasted cash on rubbish and perhaps by getting a few bargains it will allow us to keep McLean.

Let's give him a chance. He may not be a household name but if he can get goals that will do for me. We don't have a massive budget so we need to be careful when bringing in players. Lennon wasted cash on rubbish and perhaps by getting a few bargains it will allow us to keep McLean.

Let's be honest, even if he doesn't, it's pretty low risk. He's come from non-league in England so presumably won't be on a great deal of money, is young and the one year deal is a suitable get out if he doesn't cut the mustard.

Personally, I don't foresee him being anything less than a good alternative option for us. The exciting signing we all wanted? No, but am I completely underwhelmed? Absolutely not.