Irish Club In Europe

beyond our ken

Beat me to it B.O.K.

Was just about to start a thread about Delia, the Green Vermin moaning prick.

Why dont they withdraw from the Tournament as a protest ?

Plenty Scottish would gladly take their place.

Hope they get f**ked by the Icelanders and dinnae get their 3 matches.

f**kEM !

Beat me to it B.O.K.

Was just about to start a thread about Delia, the Green Vermin moaning prick.

Why dont they withdraw from the Tournament as a protest ?

Plenty Scottish would gladly take their place.

Hope they get f**ked by the Icelanders and dinnae get their 3 matches.

f**kEM !

Another year, same old angst....................................mind your blood pressure. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Logic says we should want every Scottish club who goes into European competition to go all the way. Co-efficients, reflects well on our league... Money? Yadda, yadda, yadda.

I hope every Scottish club does very well in Europe, except one. The one with a new diddy manager who seemingly already has a bag of King Edward tatties on each shoulder. They can piss off.

Mon' the Icelanders.

I cant argue with his point though

IMO its a disgrace you can finish 3rd or 4th in the EPL, La Liga, Seria A or the Bundesliga and have to play 1 knock out tie to get into the champions league group stages (or finish 2nd and get straight in) yet the champions of Scotland and other 'small' countries need to play 3 or 4 knock out games before they get in.

The seeding system of the champions league is also a farce, This year Man City will be seeded lower than Chelsea and Arsenal therefore giving them a harder group despite Man City being champions (and Arsenal having achieved pretty much nowt in the past 9 years)

On that note i do hope Celtic get pumped, but i cant disagree with what he says

IMO its a disgrace you can finish 3rd or 4th in the EPL, La Liga, Seria A or the Bundesliga and have to play 1 knock out tie to get into the champions league group stages (or finish 2nd and get straight in) yet the champions of Scotland and other 'small' countries need to play 3 or 4 knock out games before they get in.

The seeding system of the champions league is also a farce, This year Man City will be seeded lower than Chelsea and Arsenal therefore giving them a harder group despite Man City being champions (and Arsenal having achieved pretty much nowt in the past 9 years)

Thanks for saving me a lot of typing there. I concur.

So you reckon we drag celtic down, and it's our fault they are not more successful in Europe?

I'm not disagreeing that the route the Scottish champions, and other smaller nations' champions need to navigate is a scunner. What I'm disagreeing with is this new Sellik manager's patter.

When Sellik reached Seville, and The Oldco reached Manchester, were the rest of Scottish football patted on the back for being brilliant and giving them such a stern test every week that it stood them in good stead when they faced the bigger fish of European football? No. Were we fcuk patted on the back.

We were diddies then that only got in the way of Old Firm derbies, and we're diddies now, who are holding them back.

I'm very much with Shull on this one - fcuk um'.

I don't see any sympathy for teams in our lower leagues while we remain in the top flight?

Do we pay homage to the lower leagues when we stride our way to Hampden?

Then there's Morton, who we love to point and laugh at, mostly, because they are nothing more than a laughing stock?

Dearie me

Edited by faraway saint

Just like we're classed as a Diddy team in Scotland. They are now a Diddy team in Europe and they don't like it. At least we are capable of winning cups despite our Diddy status. They have no chance in Europe which makes them a super Diddy team

I am watching this game tonight because its a scottish team in europe, if it was motherwell or aberdeen I would be doing the same, all the rest is propaganda

... and if it were Motherwell or Aberdeen, what flags would their fans be displaying on the away stadium's fences?

I hope they get pumped big style. I spent a year working in Iceland when I was younger and the Women were beautiful and of easy virtue.

edited to add I also got pumped big style a good few times. oh happy days.

Edited by stevie-dee

FFS!

FFS Indeed. The travelling fans of the Scottish champions will travel to another country tonight and drape Irish tricolours everywhere. When the other arse cheek were in Europe it was Union flags and Northern Irish flags.

Both of them are fcuked in the head. I watched QoTS, Aberdeen, Motherwell and others in Europe on TV.

Scottish clubs with fans displaying nothing but their club's crest, their local pub, or the flag of their own country.

FFS.